MATCH: Halifax Town (A) 10/09/24

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

I've backed MM from the off... but it's getting difficult 

Yep. Thought he'd turn us into a good side this season. Early signs were positive. But that tonight again was no better than anything last season. No gameplan at all. That well drilled side we saw against Braintree feels a lifetime away.

• Like 1

Just now, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Yep. Thought he'd turn us into a good side this season. Early signs were positive. But that tonight again was no better than anything last season. No gameplan at all. That well drilled side we saw against Braintree feels a lifetime away.

Seems like we're in a wee pickle 

Feel A formation change is needed and we need 2 up top. Or 4-3-3. Midfield still short and not good enough to pass or tackle. Jez only av and prob only left sided winger we have so hardly any options if we do change shape 

Let's get it right, Halifax were a very poor side and we were no better.

First half was terrible, midfield non existent, no one put thier foot on the ball, hoof ball was prominent.   So much space and we done nothing with it.

Second half scored early, have a few more chances to make it two and then Hudson again costs us, should do so much better.

Ogle head a great game, very good performance, unfortunately he was the only one.  

Didn't play at all well, not one midfielder comes away with any credit tonight.  In general first touches were shocking, passing so poor and movement or wanting the ball non existent again.

Not panicking just yet but getting more frustrated and worried by each game, performances have certainly dipped.  That game tonight was there for the taking, no one grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and took charge.

Disappointing overall.  This cannot continue for much longer as the good grace supporters seem to be giving the team and Mellon will wear very thin

• Like 1

You can't legislate for a keeper whose playing with no hands, weak as piss and he's killing this team, he's been directly at fault for about the last five we've conceded or played a huge part.

Special mentions for Khan who should know better, Gardner who failed to find a white shirt the whole night long, Lundstrum doing his impression of the Tinman in The Wizard of Oz and Conlon whose our very own Captain Incapable, Fondop for just being brainless and unable to stay onside through any promising attack, so fucking limited and basic.

On the plus side I thought Monthe and Ogle were outstanding and deserved better.

Mellon must be on thin ice as this is just painful now.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, deckyd said:

Let's get it right, Halifax were a very poor side and we were no better.

First half was terrible, midfield non existent, no one put thier foot on the ball, hoof ball was prominent.   So much space and we done nothing with it.

Second half scored early, have a few more chances to make it two and then Hudson again costs us, should do so much better.

Ogle head a great game, very good performance, unfortunately he was the only one.  

Didn't play at all well, not one midfielder comes away with any credit tonight.  In general first touches were shocking, passing so poor and movement or wanting the ball non existent again.

Not panicking just yet but getting more frustrated and worried by each game, performances have certainly dipped.  That game tonight was there for the taking, no one grabbed it by the scruff of the neck and took charge.

Disappointing overall.  This cannot continue for much longer as the good grace supporters seem to be giving the team and Mellon will wear very thin

Excellent summary.

8 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Thought not..

If you're comparing Fondop's point blank on the line header on a plate to the Norwood 12 yard slightly behind him with no pace on the ball....good luck to you with that call

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

You can't legislate for a keeper whose playing with no hands, weak as piss and he's killing this team, he's been directly at fault for about the last five we've conceded or played a huge part.

Special mentions for Khan who should know better, Gardner who failed to find a white shirt the whole night long, Lundstrum doing his impression of the Tinman in The Wizard of Oz and Conlon whose our very own Captain Incapable, Fondop for just being brainless and unable to stay onside through any promising attack, so fucking limited and basic.

On the plus side I thought Monthe and Ogle were outstanding and deserved better.

Excellent post 😃

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Both were at it and what we need

I don't know what more he can do? He talks about it alot but can't deliver the goods.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fondop does my fucking head in sometimes. Must've  been offside 7 times tonight. That run for his disallowed goal is so basic, he's supposed to be an experienced striker. 

Midfield for the umpteenth season in a row is weak as piss. 

Agree that Ogle and Monthe were good. I think the defence is generally solid, just keep conceding poor goals (not helped by some really bad keeping).

I'm not sure what the answer is really. I think we desperately need another striker for starters. And a change of system 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

17 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Thought not..

Come on, no one would call that a sitter whether it’s Norwood on the end of it, Fondop or anyone. 

Fondop doesn’t get stick for missing every chance, just the really good ones. Like headers from about 3 yards out. 

4 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Any any level of football getting booked for disent is shocking but to get a red card is totally unacceptable 

Very true but again I'd hazard a guess at consistency is the issue. Haven't a clue what he said and it might have been something deserving of a red card but I guess many others say the same week in and week out and get let off with it. PS not that's its relevant the decision was a shocker, never a foul.