BPAS PODCAST: 9th Sept '24, S5E6: Captain Hindsight Rides Again

15 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

I thought it was Palmer…sure I saw him score a worldy at Ayresome Park.

That was my guess. Swiveled on the edge of the box and curled it top corner on the edge on the box. Was it the promotion season? Night game I think. 

1 hour ago, longtimeblue said:

That was my guess. Swiveled on the edge of the box and curled it top corner on the edge on the box. Was it the promotion season? Night game I think. 

Promotion season. Third away match after wins at Wolves & Barnsley. Early Sept 1990 at a guess and it was definitely a Saturday.

I think Gazza might have possibly been playing for Boro in that 1994-95 match. They went up that season.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Promotion season. Third away match after wins at Wolves & Barnsley. Early Sept 1990 at a guess and it was definitely a Saturday.

I think Gazza might have possibly been playing for Boro in that 1994-95 match. They went up that season.

Don't think Gazza would hve been seen dead playing for Boro. 😄

Sorry just looked it up he did play for them. :getmecoat:

Edited by Bobledgersheart
old age

2 hours ago, longtimeblue said:

Pretty certain it was a Saturday game, I was stood in the corner of the away end. Ayresome Park was pretty much a shit hole then. Think it was a volley or at least half volley in off the post. Usual raise of the arm, nonchalantly! We played them on a Tuesday night as I remember getting stuck on the A1 just after we were relegated from the Prem.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Gazza deffo not at Boro 94/95 season...

3 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Gazza signed for Boro in 1998. He's was still at Lazio in 94-95 and signed for Rangers that summer.

I remember the game Boro played at BP late in that 1994-95 season they battered us second half then Andy Ritchie went and drilled one in the last minute to win us the game 1-0

Edited by GlossopLatic