MATCH: Woking (A) 14/09/24

49 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

We head into the game unbeaten in 4. Surprised to see Woking as high up as they currently are, but we should have more than enough to see them off...

Did you predict Josh Stones would be playing upfront for us against Woking the other week or was that my imagination?

Edited by GlossopLatic

Four of us going to this one. It’s a local(ish) game. The Sovereigns for a couple of beers beforehand and then seats in the stand to one side of the goal.

It looks as if there will be no more than 200/250 from Oldham. 

Expect us to win this one.

First goal wins it for me, not sure on how he'll set up, whose available or even what mood we'll be in.

I'd suggest there will  only be a couple of hundred fans there so it's likely that they'll play like prime Brazil for the OASIS lads.

Must win for Mellon for me otherwise he's under huge pressure going in to the home game against Yeovil, a team I always feel are a bit of a bogey one for us. 

Hudson

Ogle 

Raglan

Monthe

Caprice 

Dolan

Gardner

Conlon

Kitching 

Garner

Norwood

Maloney

Hogan

Hobson

Uchegbulam 

Lundstrum 

Hammond

Fondop

Dropped Lundstrum as at least the three central midfielders can play a bit of football if they've managed to get their boots on the right feet. Obviously go with Hudson as Maloney is a mile behind him but you'd like to see a solid performance out of him given his last four have been sub standard. Gone two up top as we are too easy to play out against, these two need to get fit and minutes under their belt, it's as simple as that.

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Obviously go with Hudson as Maloney is a mile behind him

How can you say that? I watched him play preseason and he looked very competent to me. We brought him in as cover for Hudson and because Norman has imploded so he should be good & ready if needed.

As I've already missed 2 of my localish ones at Aldershot and Wealdstone with other stuff on and will miss Eastleigh away, I can't miss this one. Got to have one last look at these southern grounds!

Just got to decide whether to drive or go on the train and have a couple of beers to numb the pain.

31 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Scott is 100x better with the ball at his feet than Hudson. He never played in goal at school.

Hudson's mistakes would be irrelevant if we could shoot straight. Can't expect to win every game 1-0

10 minutes ago, ghost of Leonard said:

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet I'll go 4-1 latics then.

Memories of maine road August 1988 ,what glorious memories they are.

Was that the Palmer hatrick? Was in the corner terrace next to the Kippax, red hot day, they are glorious memories. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Was that the Palmer hatrick? Was in the corner terrace next to the Kippax, red hot day, they are glorious memories. 

Yep, I was a teenager - that era 1987- 1994 was full of good times ..

The whole Royle era was, one of my fav games ,ever.

One of the worst, bradford away fa cup replay Jan 1986, lost 5-1 and nearly froze to death.

Saddens me we are where we are.

So many good players in the JR era ,the list is endless.

I think that's why it's frustrating ,when you grew up on a diet of Ritchie, holden ,Irwin,jobson  Barrett, Warhurst and compare it to now.

Edited by ghost of Leonard

14 minutes ago, ghost of Leonard said:

Yep, I was a teenager - that era 1987- 1994 was full of good times ..

The whole Royle era was, one of my fav games ,ever.

One of the worst, bradford away fa cup replay Jan 1986, lost 5-1 and nearly froze to death.

Same for me really, started going towards the mid 80's so class myself as a fortunate supporter.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Same for me really, started going towards the mid 80's so class myself as a fortunate supporter.

Me too, we were fortunate enough to experience that. Although we are now experiencing the lowest our club has ever been. We’ve got to be due a purple patch soon. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Just got to decide whether to drive or go on the train and have a couple of beers to numb the pain.

I’ll drive get a couple in before the game and then drive home  - trains just take too long unless you’re going on the main routes 😮

12 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

I’ll drive get a couple in before the game and then drive home  - trains just take too long unless you’re going on the main routes 😮

I’m in Winchester so it’s about as easy as it gets as it’s 1 stop and a 20 min walk to the ground. But even then I’m wary about trusting the trains!!