MATCH: Woking (A) 14/09/24

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

First goal wins it for me, not sure on how he'll set up, whose available or even what mood we'll be in.

I'd suggest there will  only be a couple of hundred fans there so it's likely that they'll play like prime Brazil for the OASIS lads.

Must win for Mellon for me otherwise he's under huge pressure going in to the home game against Yeovil, a team I always feel are a bit of a bogey one for us. 

Hudson

Ogle 

Raglan

Monthe

Caprice 

Dolan

Gardner

Conlon

Kitching 

Garner

Norwood

Maloney

Hogan

Hobson

Uchegbulam 

Lundstrum 

Hammond

Fondop

Dropped Lundstrum as at least the three central midfielders can play a bit of football if they've managed to get their boots on the right feet. Obviously go with Hudson as Maloney is a mile behind him but you'd like to see a solid performance out of him given his last four have been sub standard. Gone two up top as we are too easy to play out against, these two need to get fit and minutes under their belt, it's as simple as that.

couple of good saves from Hudson on tuesday. wouldnt call it a substandard performance, but he defo dropped a clanger for their goal.

16 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Being positive thinking we will win this 2-1, putting on a decent team performance in the process. 

Need the midfield to up their game massively from Tuesday night.  

I've put us to lose 1-0 in the prediction league so that should guarantee a thumping win for us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

couple of good saves from Hudson on tuesday. wouldnt call it a substandard performance, but he defo dropped a clanger for their goal.

I did day earlier in the season that he had credit in the bank but he's cost us six points so far this season. It's the first serious dip since he became number one. Hoping it's a brief blip and he regains the good form of last season. I am a bit worried that the change of goalkeeping coach has unsettled him, but we'll see.  

2 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

I did day earlier in the season that he had credit in the bank but he's cost us six points so far this season. It's the first serious dip since he became number one. Hoping it's a brief blip and he regains the good form of last season. I am a bit worried that the change of goalkeeping coach has unsettled him, but we'll see.  

He was to blame for the goal at Halifax - hesitated and then did not get to the ball - But he has also made a number of vital saves that have won us points - he is a decent keeper who can improve starting with his kicking out (too many straight to the opposition or out of play).

35 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

He was to blame for the goal at Halifax - hesitated and then did not get to the ball - But he has also made a number of vital saves that have won us points - he is a decent keeper who can improve starting with his kicking out (too many straight to the opposition or out of play).

I agree. Any mistake he has made - and Tuesday was an error, no question about it - has to be seen in the wider context. He's a 26-year-old goalkeeper playing in the National League. Mistakes are going to be made and he's done more than enough to retain his place in the starting line-up and our full backing, however he's under pressure because of our woes in front of goal which magnifies a mistake when it occurs.

As for the game itself, I'm confident we will win if the lads play to control the game for longer periods, notwithstanding the reality of games at this level ebbing and flowing, regardless of the opposition.

They can all individually play better than what we've seen so far and that, at this point, is good enough for me to let things play out without rushing to firm conclusions.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, ghost of Leonard said:

Can't see us keeping a clean sheet I'll go 4-1 latics then.

Memories of maine road August 1988 ,what glorious memories they are.

A wonderful , wonderful day , Palmer 2 headers and a lob of the keeper .......however if my mind is not playing tricks ,we did not win away again for 6 months and they saw how bad their team was, sorted it , and were promoted.

• Like 1

Thought this was the main Oldham FC forum,seems to be a near total lack of interest in tomorows game,what 8 games in,people still more interested in bein stuck in the past still commenting on the halifax game speaks volumes, lets hope the players dont give up hope anywhere near as fast as half the supporters do🙈

Edited by Pauld2019

5 minutes ago, Pauld2019 said:

Thought this was the main Oldham FC forum,seems to be a near total lack of interest in tomorows game,what 8 games in,people still more interested in bein stuck in the past still commenting on the halifax game speaks volumes, lets hope the players dont give up hope anywhere near as fast as half the supporters do🙈

As fans we can only reflect on what we have watched, I think it’s been fairly balanced and fans are being extremely patient. 

We discuss potential formations and starting elevens, but the reality is, we have no input into that. 

Only natural for the chat to be retrospective. It’s not been the start we wanted or expected. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

As fans we can only reflect on what we have watched, I think it’s been fairly balanced and fans are being extremely patient. 

We discuss potential formations and starting elevens, but the reality is, we have no input into that. 

Only natural for the chat to be retrospective. It’s not been the start we wanted or expected. 

Ok so any input on the next game,any optimism or expectation,anything positive we can talk about on this thread

Edited by Pauld2019

1 hour ago, Pauld2019 said:

It's an Oldham Athletic AFC forum or Latics for short, I've been here 40 odd years mate the last 30 have been let's say shit so it's little wonder some of us do lose hope, it's the hope that kills you after all.

Anyway you gave up on here when Callum left the club last time round and only returning a day or two before he re-signed so that's a bit rich, you should have stuck around you might then understand the pain.

We generally have a post mortem and over analyse particularly after a shitty 1-1 draw or get beat, this place is full of Captain Hindsights after all.

Anyway on to tomorrow where I think your boy Dolan could shine, he's getting there and could even get himself on the scoresheet if he keeps his knee over the ball rather than trying to limbo when he's through on goal, I think there's a player in there you know, this thread will get busier as we approach kick off.

As for the fans giving up before the players, we'll be here (hopefully) when all this crop are gone, let's hope future generations talk about your Dolans like some of us like to about the Palmers and the Ritchies and the Barratts or even just the Ripleys the Langs and the Mains who came to our clubs briefly on loan but left positive lasting impressions on most of our fans.

Let's hope the players turn up tomorrow and get the season back on track and give us something positive to talk about, it's only they who can do it.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

It's an Oldham Athletic AFC forum or Latics for short, I've been here 40 odd years mate the last 30 have been let's say shit so it's little wonder some of us do lose hope, it's the hope that kills you after all.

Anyway you gave up on here when Callum left the club last time round and only returning a day or two before he re-signed so that's a bit rich, you should have stuck around you might then understand the pain.

We generally have a post mortem and over analyse particularly after a shitty 1-1 draw or get beat, this place is full of Captain Hindsights after all.

Anyway on to tomorrow where I think your boy Dolan could shine, he's getting there and could even get himself on the scoresheet if he keeps his knee over the ball rather than trying to limbo when he's through on goal, I think there's a player in there you know, this thread will get busier as we approach kick off.

As for the fans giving up before the players, we'll be here (hopefully) when all this crop are gone, let's hope future generations talk about your Dolans like some of us like to about the Palmers and the Ritchies and the Barratts or even just the Ripleys the Langs and the Mains who came to our clubs briefly on loan but left positive lasting impressions on most of our fans.

Let's hope the players turn up tomorrow and get the season back on track and give us something positive to talk about, it's only they who can do it.

Exactly what I thought when he posted that. 

The cheek of saying we have given up hope, we have been shit for years and stuck around all this time. Give us a break. 

I’m sure he won’t post again when Dolan returns to Fleetwood. 

I think I’d go 4-2-3-1 for this tbh.

Hudson

Ogle

Raglan

Monthe

Caprice

Conlon

Lundstram

Jez

Dolan

Kay

Norwood