MATCH: Woking (A) 14/09/24

As things stand this win takes us into 7th position.

Quite surprising considering how many we have drawn and that we have yet to be at full strength where everyone is available at any point so far this season.

Edited by GlossopLatic

Really good team performance where they all worked hard today.

Great start to both halfs, feared the worst with the worldie but for a change this wasn't the case!!  

Back 3 outstanding today, Raglan is a different player in the middle of this 3 and Ogle is immense, becoming one of my favorites!  

Happy for Lundstram with the goal and a special mention for Hammond who never stopped running, competed and was neat and tidy on the ball.

Decent from Norwood baring goals and good cameo from Garner, again he could  of buried a couple.  Mikey with a decent finish.

Good day at the office, think we are possibly top 7 as well, which is nice!

Edited by deckyd

Big improvement today, everyone working for each other was crucial as was Lundstrum further up the pitch pressing which is probably his main strength.

Could Hudson have done better for the goal?, I'm not going to plough in to him because it was a terrific strike but any keeper beat from 30 yards unsighted would be disappointed I suspect, he's been targeted now for his weaknesses a bit like Norman was, saying that he did everything else well today and it had little effect on the game given we immediately responded.

Ogle not quite at it today but thought Raglan other than the closing down for the goal and Monthe were outstanding.

Caprice and Kitching both involved and deserve to keep their places, Gardner had his best game for a while and had a really effective 40 before he was took out from behind. Conlon got himself forward that bit more and had a couple of sighters he may have done better with.

Hammond and Lundstrum worked tirelessly and set the foundation, pleased Lundstrum chipped in with his goal but more importantly his overall performance was as good as I've seen, I think he needs to play further up and with that drive and intensity.

Fondop worked hard for the team but still frustrates at times, he's poor with the basics yet can make something happen. Nice finish for the goal though.

Norwood and Garner will both benefit from the minutes.

All in all a good day at the office, we made our own luck today, could have scored more but I was impressed with the intensity and desire we played with and sustained right till the end, a great shift put in by everyone and that's all we can ask.

• Like 3

Hammond has plenty of energy and 3 starts 3 wins  can’t be complained about  ,also  Conlon  and Gardner played the deeper rolls with Lundstrum  in the forward midfield role.  I can’t think of many better games he’s had for us if any .  We looked totally in control today  hopefully that continues. How many chances did we make 2 nd half with 2 strikers on the pitch  could of scored 6 or 7 today  onwards and upwards 

12 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

We should have scored about 6 in that 2nd half. 

3 starts 3 wins for Hammond 👀

I posted earlier in the week that Hammond should start for us, gives us that much missed energy, he is only going to get better, when Charsley is fit these 2 should be shoe ins. 

• Like 1

good team performance,   could of scored more late on.

Norwood and Garner linked well, both should have scored.

Raglan immense at the back with Ogle and Monthe very good.

Hudson sound again

Two home games now coming up

Come on you Blues