Caprice

Conlon

Gardner

Kitching

Dolan

Kay

Norwood

(This is assuming Kay is fit)

Kay not ready but Garner on the bench. Hammond should start I reckon.

Based on Mickys pre match interview I reckon the team will be (3-4-2-1);

Hudson

Ogle

Raglan 

Monthe

Caprice 

Gardner 

Conlon

Kitching

Hammond

Dolan

Fondop 

Maloney

Hogan

Hobson

Lundstrum 

Uchegbulam 

Garner

Norwood

I’d be getting Hammond back in. He was very good against Braintree and quiet v Wealdstone, however the 2 games he started in we won both. 

I’d also revert back to Conlon and Gardner in the middle, again the 2 games we won that was the midfield pairing. Gardner has been poor when playing further forward, he’s better a bit deeper now. 

Granted they where against crap sides but wins are wins. 

There’s a player in Dolan, I like the look of him. We just need to get the ball to him more. 

Unfortunately I think it will be another draw. If it is though the pressure is going to ramp up on Mellon. 2 tricky home games next. 

BTW is there any news on how long Charsley is out? 

28 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

I’d be getting Hammond back in. He was very good against Braintree and quiet v Wealdstone, however the 2 games he started in we won both. 

I’d also revert back to Conlon and Gardner in the middle, again the 2 games we won that was the midfield pairing. Gardner has been poor when playing further forward, he’s better a bit deeper now. 

Granted they where against crap sides but wins are wins. 

There’s a player in Dolan, I like the look of him. We just need to get the ball to him more. 

Unfortunately I think it will be another draw. If it is though the pressure is going to ramp up on Mellon. 2 tricky home games next. 

BTW is there any news on how long Charsley is out? 

Another week for Kay, a couple of weeks for Charsley apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Hudson

Ogle

Raglan

Month

Caprice

Conlon

Gardner

Kitching

Dolan

Fondop

Norwood

but wtf do l know

Now that would work if you could trust the 3 up top to press together when we loose the ball, and once bypassed work hard to get back and cover their midfield. 

Oh hang on, I don’t think we can trust them to do that, so maybe we need less up front and 5 at the back.  (oh no! I’ve turned into MM)

Edited by Pidge
Missed word
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

Now that would work if you could trust the 3 up top to press together when we loose the ball, and once bypassed work hard to get back and cover their midfield. 

Oh hang on, I don’t think we can trust them to do that, so maybe we need less up front and 5 at the back.  (oh no! I’ve turned into MM)

there's two up front

On 9/12/2024 at 11:56 AM, ghost of Leonard said:

Yep, I was a teenager - that era 1987- 1994 was full of good times ..

The whole Royle era was, one of my fav games ,ever.

One of the worst, bradford away fa cup replay Jan 1986, lost 5-1 and nearly froze to death.

We won the second half, think we were 5-0 down at ht, Tommy Wright score the consolation? Pitch was an ice rink and Ian Ormondroyd was like a ballerina on it as he dismantled us in the first half. Could be wrong but I think we pretty much bought him on the strength of that.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, inspectormorose said:

We won the second half, think we were 5-0 down at ht, Tommy Wright score the consolation? Pitch was an ice rink and Ian Ormondroyd was like a ballerina on it as he dismantled us in the first half. Could be wrong but I think we pretty much bought him on the strength of that.

He was only on loan originally and was absolutely shocking!!

12 minutes ago, PeteG said:

He was only on loan originally and was absolutely shocking!!

When he played for us as a “permanent” signing c 1996 he won everything in the air and knocked it down perfectly for the onrushing…nobody. Cos his nearest teammate was Stuart Barlow stood about 40 metres away. I never understood that tactic, probably because it made no sense. 

Just now, Lags said:

Lundstrum starts, how?

As does Fondop.

Hope it works, but not happy with that team.  Especially the midfield.

Tuesday wasn't positive enough, one of the few positive midfielders was Dolan and he's replaced him like for like.  Lundstram, Conlon and Gardner in midfield isn't forward-thinking or exciting.  Fondop will be isolated again.

2 hours ago, inspectormorose said:

Sound right.

I'd been a few seasons earlier and we lost 3-5 and were 0-3 down after about half an hour !

1 hour ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

When he played for us as a “permanent” signing c 1996 he won everything in the air and knocked it down perfectly for the onrushing…nobody. Cos his nearest teammate was Stuart Barlow stood about 40 metres away. I never understood that tactic, probably because it made no sense. 

Seemed to score every Tuesday night, on a freezing cold night at boundary park!

• Like 1