MATCH: Woking (A) 14/09/24

Not many keepers would have stopped their worldy.  It was from start to finish a well deserved Victory. 

Monty gets my MOM, but Raglan was a close second.  Strange really that the whole back 3 get huge credit despite it wasn't backs to the wall.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Don't know if the players or Mellon ever read our forum but in case they do. Want to say well played Mellon and the team.They get loads of shit but today we'll done everybody.

Rough with the smooth

You can't have it both ways in any walk of life but when you get it right, credit where it's due.

Can we back it up at home and show we have what it takes to be taken seriously in the promotion mix? 🤞

Today was good but I don't want to see people getting carried away and popping Moet. 

If you want to go up, that is what is required... if not more. 

That's not to say I am not pleased with what I saw... I am - but it's what I expect, at the minimum. 

• Like 2

Who gives a shit, people read into this way too much. Some footballers just aren't into celebrating 

Feeling much better about things now after Tuesday. They obviously need to win more consistently but they're clearly a side who's hard to beat and even in the draws where they didn't play well they've looked more likely to win than lose. Definitely something to build on.

• Like 9

30 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

minimum. 

yeah its time we started playin like the wage bill init, lno l always say it but fuckinell we are just about to be decent. we need to get a bit more grateful to Frank and stop the panic impatience. it's comin.

also comin (ashore) for a pick up allll aboard

🚢

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

Just watched highlights and Fondop took his goal well. Again Norwood did not come over to join in goal celebration  

How dare he. Fine him a month’s wages and encourage the FA to charge him with bringing the game into disrepute.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GKing521 said:

Today was good but I don't want to see people getting carried away and popping Moet. 

If you want to go up, that is what is required... if not more. 

That's not to say I am not pleased with what I saw... I am - but it's what I expect, at the minimum. 

If you’re going to declare the season over and ask the club to fold after a draw, I think it’s only fair others are allowed to be spraying champagne off an open top bus after a win!

• Like 10

11 hours ago, Lags said:

Not many keepers would have stopped their worldy.  It was from start to finish a well deserved Victory. 

Monty gets my MOM, but Raglan was a close second.  Strange really that the whole back 3 get huge credit despite it wasn't backs to the wall.

Agree. It was a miles better strike live than on the video highlights.

We were much better than in recent away performances as we maintained a level that didn't really drop below 7/10 for 90 mins I thought.

I was dubious of the way we would play when the team sheet came out but it worked ok so credit where it's due to MM.

Anyone know how many Tics there today? Seemed a lower than normal turn out on a lovely sunny afternoon 😁

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

We were much better than in recent away performances as we maintained a level that didn't really drop below 7/10 for 90 mins I thought.

I was dubious of the way we would play when the team sheet came out but it worked ok so credit where it's due to MM.

Anyone know how many Tics there today? Seemed a lower than normal turn out on a lovely sunny afternoon 😁

About 270 was mentioned by the Woking commentators who I've got to say put ours (particularly Roy waffling on), to shame.

Happy with yesterday but agree we shouldn't get over excited!!

Woking were poor and will be nowhere close to the play offs.

We have only played Gateshead and Halifax in the top 12 and drawn against both so loads more work to do....

Bigger tests to come and FG at home will be a good indication of where we currently are.

Onwards and upwards.👍

Really good professional performance yesterday. MOM for me was Josh Lundstram who was everywhere. Really pleased for him to get a goal and he grew in confidence. Put a great corner over in the 2nd half that Raglan should have buried. 

Also really pleased that Fondop scored. Again we missed some really good chances we ought to be taking, Norwood especially with the one on one. Thought Garner looked good when he came on and with him back we have some good options for either 1 up front or 2. 

I thought Gardner’s injury was caused by that high tackle rather than him breaking down so hopefully not serious but wasn’t easy to see from where I was sat. 

And a personal bonus, my kids agreed to come with me, actually watched the game for a change and really enjoyed it! There’s hope yet…

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Hope Norwood does get given the second goal.  Thought he nicked it off Raglan at first, but no one wants it to be an OG..

Thought we were by far the better team. Hammond doesn’t do much on the ball but gives us great energy off the ball. He’s started in all three wins so hopefully keeps his place.

I couldn’t find a weakness in our performance yesterday. We need to now back it up with a home win next Saturday 

I thought with their goal that Hudson struggled to get off the ground a bit. And there were a couple of other times I thought the same (helping a header over the bar). He went down a couple of times though so I think he might have been hampered by a small injury of some sort rather than anything being his fault. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Hope Norwood does get given the second goal.  Thought he nicked it off Raglan at first, but no one wants it to be an OG..

Norwood looks to have shoved the defender in the back just at the crucial moment there, if you watch the replay of the goal on YouTube.