Solution to Missed Chances

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

We aren’t failing  to win because of missed chances.

i will die in that ditch 

If we had taken our chances just after halftime at Halifax we would have won that game , same at Alty should have been outta sight before half time . Gateshead at home second half . Take those chances we have 6 more points and all the drama queens are quiet.

Teams usually have chances throughout games just as the opposition has against us….we are not  failing to win games solely because of our missed chances.

It isn’t just us…..Halifax had several chances to score on Tuesday too!

• Like 1

We aren’t creating enough chances to expect an average conversion rate to materialise into wins. I haven’t witnessed a game so far where I have felt we were should have expected to score more

Chances are missed. Yes. But that will always be the case 

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

We aren’t creating enough chances to expect an average conversion rate to materialise into wins. I haven’t witnessed a game so far where I have felt we were should have expected to score more

Chances are missed. Yes. But that will always be the case 

I understand where you are coming from but that's just not true, statistically we've 'created' more and been expected to score more in the seven games bar Aldershot, our conversion rate on the quality chances and by that I mean the chances that carry a high xG tariff is really poor which equates to us missing sitters on a frequent basis, other teams will create and will miss but they are harder to score.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

I understand where you are coming from but that's just not true, statistically we've 'created' more and been expected to score more in the seven games bar Aldershot, our conversion rate on the quality chances and by that I mean the chances that carry a high xG tariff is really poor which equates to us missing sitters on a frequent basis, other teams will create and will miss but they are harder to score.

Super. So when our luck changes (and Norwood and garner are back) it will all be fine cos we will put the chances away and finish teams off.

look forward to our change in fortunes and finishing top 3. 

and here I was thinking we were an average team 

29 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

You can’t miss headers from 3 yards out, 1 on 1 opportunities and other gifted opportunities such as the Gateshead game every week. 

We arnt talking half chances, of course we will miss some of them. These are easy, simple chances. 

Statistically less than 35 per cent of one on ones are buried - even less at NL level. 

8 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Statistically less than 35 per cent of one on ones are buried - even less at NL level. 

And you have pull that stat from? 

Also subjective as what is classed as a 1 v 1. 

Fondop should have buried the Alti one. Gardner and Fondop fucked up the Gateshead one. Fondop missed the one 3 yards out against Halifax. 

You can’t miss those every single game. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Fondop should have buried the Alti one. Gardner and Fondop fucked up the Gateshead one. Fondop missed the one 3 yards out against Halifax. 

What surprised me with the Gateshead chance was that Fondop didn't blast it past the keeper from 6 or 7 yards when he tries worldies from 25.

Love his enthusiasm but his decision making is poor.

Edited by Bobledgersheart

2 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

If only he had stayed onside we would have beaten Halifax too 😮

I'm surprised nobodies mentioned the sitter Fondop missed at Halifax, Monthe' backheeled it right into his path about three yards out and somehow he couldn't get his foot round it, luckily Kitching was there to pick up the pieces but he should have done better for sure.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm surprised nobodies mentioned the sitter Fondop missed at Halifax, Monthe' backheeled it right into his path about three yards out and somehow he couldn't get his foot round it, luckily Kitching was there to pick up the pieces but he should have done better for sure.

Another to add to the ever growing list. 

Edited by LightDN123

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

If you watch it back, you'll see that the defender gets to the ball at the same time as Mikey - but he did enough to keep the ball in the area for Kitch to slam home 

12 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

yeah we are ya dunce!!

start Norwood. job done..

Norwood apparently moaned he got took off early previously which is the right mentality as any decent player,so the manager next game tries to please everyone and tries to give him the full 90,how did that go,fact is hes not at his full potential , lack of pre season and by the looks of it general fitness levels,whos to blame for that? Regardless of a pre season its up to the player to maintain his fitness levels,and its clear his form has dipped because hes not as fit as he could and should be and more importantly so given age isn't on his side

Edited by Pauld2019

48 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

If you watch it back, you'll see that the defender gets to the ball at the same time as Mikey - but he did enough to keep the ball in the area for Kitch to slam home 

I watched the clip from behind the goal and I've got to say it was a missed chance, granted he got an assist but I think a decent striker puts that away. Terrific by Monthe by the way.