• Conlon
    • Fondop
    • Norwood
    • Uchegbulam
    • Garner

This poll is closed to new votes

31 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Fondopophobia is rife on here

Well I watched the game and other than his goal he had a very average game, plenty had good games yesterday his was just about acceptable, he worked hard but was poor with some of the real basics you'd expect out of a player leading the line. He wasn't bad but everyone raised their game a notch yesterday.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Raglan is a very good player. He looks absolutely solid. 

Agreed, I commented in pre season on how good he looked and he's kept that going in to the season, looks assured in the centre of the three and is probably our most consistent player, only criticism I have of him is his lack of goals, he really should be bagging 3 - 5 this season given he's up there for set pieces and really should have attacked the ball with a bit more venom yesterday when he headed off target. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Agreed, I commented in pre season on how good he looked and he's kept that going in to the season, looks assured in the centre of the three and is probably our most consistent player, only criticism I have of him is his lack of goals, he really should be bagging 3 - 5 this season given he's up there for set pieces and really should have attacked the ball with a bit more venom yesterday when he headed off target. 

Yeah he has missed a few chances, even last season he missed a few which he should have scored from. 

We look so much more dangerous from set plays this season, including the long throw (3 goals already from these), which is a significant help in this division. 

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Well I watched the game and other than his goal he had a very average game, plenty had good games yesterday his was just about acceptable, he worked hard but was poor with some of the real basics you'd expect out of a player leading the line. He wasn't bad but everyone raised their game a notch yesterday.

played a good part in the opening goal, worked his bollocks off and sealed the game when it looked like a Typical Latics moment was upon us

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

He also played a huge part in our opening goal with his movement and then a sublime pass inside the defender for Kitch 👍

12 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Are we ignoring the excellent hold up work before slipping the ball to Kitching for our opener then?

I’m not big Mike’s biggest fan on here by any stretch, but he played a big part in our win. He was far better than “just acceptable”. 

• Like 4

On 9/15/2024 at 9:32 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Are we ignoring the excellent hold up work before slipping the ball to Kitching for our opener then?

I’m not big Mike’s biggest fan on here by any stretch, but he played a big part in our win. He was far better than “just acceptable”. 

Mikey had one of his better games on Saturday, to be fair to the lad. 

Edited by LightDN123
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

Lundstram looks a different player.

He is getting consistently better as well.

The game before last he was getting pelters from every quarter and rightly so. 

3 hours ago, Bobledgersheart said:

He just seems to lack confidence, turning backwards instead of driving forward ( not an isolated case in our midfield ) so hopefully pushing him into an advanced position and scoring on Saturday may give him a boost!  🤞

He's come through the Crewe Alex system which are big on neat, possession-based football. One of his strongest attributes is he doesn't tend to get dispossessed much, but this does mean he often turns inside or back towards goal to put himself between the ball. His control of it is pretty top notch (for our level, certainly). To be honest, it's a good attribute to have, but as has been identified, he needs to make his decision making much better and come out of that shell (i.e. be braver on the ball).

Have to remember that he's still a reasonably young lad and I'm sure part of his decision into coming to us was to play on a bigger stage and put more pressure on yourself. It's the only way you are really going to get better as a player.

Anyway, lot of time for him, me, especially because he was on our lads bowling lane at the Junior Latics Christmas party. Genuinely nice lad*

* Yes I know 'being nice' doesn't butter those parsnips but still.

59 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

He's come through the Crewe Alex system which are big on neat, possession-based football. One of his strongest attributes is he doesn't tend to get dispossessed much, but this does mean he often turns inside or back towards goal to put himself between the ball. His control of it is pretty top notch (for our level, certainly). To be honest, it's a good attribute to have, but as has been identified, he needs to make his decision making much better and come out of that shell (i.e. be braver on the ball).

Have to remember that he's still a reasonably young lad and I'm sure part of his decision into coming to us was to play on a bigger stage and put more pressure on yourself. It's the only way you are really going to get better as a player.

Anyway, lot of time for him, me, especially because he was on our lads bowling lane at the Junior Latics Christmas party. Genuinely nice lad*

* Yes I know 'being nice' doesn't butter those parsnips but still.

As my Mum used to say "It's nice to be important, but important to be nice !".:getmecoat:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

3 in 9 

At that rate he’ll finish on 15. . . 😉😁

Alex Reid over last 4 years - 37 in 107, all at this level.  So almost exactly a goal every three games.  Bonkers not to have used him when we were so short.  Don't suppose it matters now that Norwood and Garner are back, if they stay fit.  Big if.

3 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Alex Reid over last 4 years - 37 in 107, all at this level.  So almost exactly a goal every three games.  Bonkers not to have used him when we were so short.  Don't suppose it matters now that Norwood and Garner are back, if they stay fit.  Big if.

Agree he shouldn't have been shut out completely but he's looked very poor when given the chance.

• Like 1