23 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

The whole M60 was fucked, along with all the arterial routes coming off it.

Yeah the M60 was down to one lane pretty much from Worsley all the way to the Bury turn off. And then the diverted routes were at a standstill as well. Left at half one and got to BP just as the game kicked off. Coming back was much quicker though.

When there's a road closure, get on Google maps or whatever, then pick the second or third quickest route it offers you.

The nature of satnav driving means all the traffic using it gets funneled the same way, and then that route gets blocked up, so the satnav offers another way, and it cycles back and forth.

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

When there's a road closure, get on Google maps or whatever, then pick the second or third quickest route it offers you.

The nature of satnav driving means all the traffic using it gets funneled the same way, and then that route gets blocked up, so the satnav offers another way, and it cycles back and forth.

I reckon SatNav isn't as good as you give it credit for. I'd never use it to decide a route in and around London...and I only use it in an advisory capacity anywhere else. There's no substitute for knowing your roads and your rat runs. 

1 hour ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

I reckon SatNav isn't as good as you give it credit for. I'd never use it to decide a route in and around London...and I only use it in an advisory capacity anywhere else. There's no substitute for knowing your roads and your rat runs. 

Lot of truth in this. Modern technology is killing independent thinking. 

A quick glance at my 1977 AA road atlas before I set off and commit the route and Bale outs to memory. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 24hoursfromtulsehill said:

Agree.  If you use it in London you'll just find yourself in a traffic jam made up of Ubers. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

From Worsley side make for Agecroft then A6044 past Heaton Park then either Victoria Avenue or pick up M60 to White Gate on Broadway.  Left and then Latics via Burnley lane roundabout.

I'd stay clear of Broadway, probably better off coming through Middleton Junction the junction before heading up Manchester New Rd, Oldham Rd and cutting through at Mills Hill before Middleton Road at the Rose of Lancaster, it's going to shit everywhere unfortunately but Broadway will be as bad as anywhere. 

3 hours ago, lalalajpkalala said:

“Those temporary traffic lights.....top end of Piper Street, past McVities, up to the bank on Birdhall Lane.“

I said James McAvoy' latest film the other day. Very good and a truly remarkable performance. But not Early Doors

17 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I said James McAvoy' latest film the other day. Very good and a truly remarkable performance. But not Early Doors

Early Doors. Is there better? Although Porridge although more main stream, really hits the spot with me. 

6 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Early Doors. Is there better? Although Porridge although more main stream, really hits the spot with me. 

Early Doors is brilliant. Is there anything better in the world of physical comedy than Eddie and his fingers?

• Like 1