MATCH: Yeovil Town (H) 21/09/24

39 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I'm fully aware of that but the Bring them on bit sounded over confident?

I'd leave Norwood out for this one because there's a storm coming and we'll need all hands on deck.

Nah, was more bring them on as it's a big test and will be a good indicator of where the team is at

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

A difficult watch. As mentioned earlier in the thread, Norwood could do with watching the effort and application from a man with about 1/16th of his ability...

Why can't you leave Norwood alone. He's clearly not match fit.when he gets a hat trick in a few weeks what are you gonna moan about then?

Today we didn't play well but their goalie made 3 fantastic saves.Any one of those chances go in and its a different game.

Edited by diggleblue

I caught only parts of the game today so can't offer much on the overall performance, but it appears we put in a dogged performance in grinding down a side, which is a trait that deserves full credit, to both players and management, and will yield lots of points in what is going to be a scrappy season. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, diggleblue said:

Why can't you leave Norwood alone. He's clearly not match fit.when he gets a hat trick in a few weeks what are you gonna moan about then?

Today we didn't play well but their goalie made 3 fantastic saves.Any one of those chances go in and its a different game.

Shut up, Barry. I've stuck up for Norwood on many occasions...

Their fans moaning like fuck, fucking hell they came for a 0-0 and got what they deserved, fuck all.

We weren't at our best but at least we had a go, at the end they are claiming for a pen but there were fouls on each side everywhere their keeper for a start was just backing through players and commiting fouls, if he'd give that and they stole a point it would have been unfair.

Don't get me wrong the ref was out of his depth but he's missed key decisions all day, best one was when we were on a promising attack the ball strikes him as Lundstrum releases Kitch and he gives them the ball back, makes a change us getting the rub of it (if we did).

Edited by yarddog73

On Norwood, I don't think the way we're playing at the minute suits him as much as fondop. Hoofball into the channels and crosses are way more up fondops street than Norwood. He wasn't on it today, which can happen, but I don't think we play to his strengths. Credit to big Mike though today, kept on fighting and eventually got his goal after missing a few good chances. I'd still start Norwood next time out.

• Like 2

Just now, doctor evil said:

On Norwood, I don't think the way we're playing at the minute suits him as much as fondop. Hoofball into the channels and crosses are way more up fondops street than Norwood. He wasn't on it today, which can happen, but I don't think we play to his strengths. Credit to big Mike though today, kept on fighting and eventually got his goal after missing a few good chances. I'd still start Norwood next time out.

To be fair I said exactly this on the way out of the ground today.

21 minutes ago, trickyrickyholden said:

Our back three are excellent for thus level and can easily make a step up to league 2.

Really like Ogle there 

I don’t think there’s a single team in our league where Hobson is only a sub. You can say what you like about his distribution etc but he’s a top notch defender 

17 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

We don't really need to play to Norwood's strengths as long as the team wins...

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yep and the clean sheet today is something to build on.

I felt we might just manage one today and credit to all of them 

Tuesday will be a totally different animal and I'd start with Garner & Fondop to soften them up

• Like 1

Worst I have seen us play this season, it was a slow and scrappy game. We hardly got the ball out to the wingbacks. But I am happy for the win. 

Absolutely buzzing for Fondop, genuinely like the guy and could see it was a special moment for him. Great ball and header. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Worst I have seen us play this season, it was a slow and scrappy game. We hardly got the ball out to the wingbacks. But I am happy for the win. 

Absolutely buzzing for Fondop, genuinely like the guy and could see it was a special moment for him. Great ball and header. 

Mellon spot on with his interview. Positivity please from us all. Not negativity.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

There's no doubt he was once better than this level but I think the jury is quite reasonably out on whether he still is. Whether that's mental or physical is irrelevant.

Just need to keep an eye on his social media to know he’s not arsed about being a professional footballer anymore

33 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Wow, you were watching a different game, or your annual sight check is overdue. At least you are happy though! 👍

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Wow, you were watching a different game, or your annual sight check is overdue. At least you are happy though! 👍

I think we played much better against Braintree, Gateshead and Fylde at home, not really arsed how we play if we pick up the three points but we were only 9 minutes away from a major disappointment today, they were a pub team barring the keeper and the No 7 Pearson who looked an handy player.

32 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think we played much better against Braintree, Gateshead and Fylde at home, not really arsed how we play if we pick up the three points but we were only 9 minutes away from a major disappointment today, they were a pub team barring the keeper and the No 7 Pearson who looked an handy player.

Very surprised (pleasantly) how positive people are being. That was the worst home performance I have seen. We still won which is great and all that matters. 

• Like 1