MATCH: Yeovil Town (H) 21/09/24

I thought we were unlucky not be three up by half time. Seconf half I thought we were better but still the final ball aluded us. As for the Norwood debate when Garner replace him, Garner did something Norwood didnt and that was taking some defenrs with him. He did it three or four times in his breif time on the pitch. 

The referee failed both teams, like a lot of refs in this league when they see a crowd. The desicions were baffling and he didnt keep up with the play very well either. The one he did get right was to send Cooper back to the dressing room, other than that he was appalling, goal kicks at vertain corners, corners for goal kicks, two incorrect penalty desicions and then had the gall to book players to make himself look even more great. The challenge on Hudson was a red card all day what a fucking narcassist. 

My final thought goes to Hammond and Lundtram test the keeper, practise shooting from the 18 yard line ... even the supporters in shoes manage to hit the net (mostly) in the tyre challenge... hit the target and let Norwood sniff a rebound, 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, League one forever said:

I think that puts him on four. . he’s nearly one in two. 😎

Norwood "gets in the positions", yet it's Fondop who misses all the chances.

So either Norwood is missing chances too or actually Mikey is "getting into the positions" better than Norwood!

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Norwood "gets in the positions", yet it's Fondop who misses all the chances.

So either Norwood is missing chances too or actually Mikey is "getting into the positions" better than Norwood!

Let's just be thankful we're creating more opportunities at the right end,

For me, the main man is only firing on one cylinder and needs show alot more and the goals will come but yet again he's been totally eclipsed by Fondops willingness to graft and eventually find a way to getting that very precious goal.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Andy-latic said:

He got a lot wrong all afternoon but ‘technically’ he got that one right… because it got a slight flick off the Yeovil man (even though the pass was still clearly going through to Kitching), he had to give the ball to them as they had last touch before it hit him.

Don’t know why I’m sticking up for him though, he was generally dogshite all afternoon like 90% of the refs in this league.

I was going mad at the time until it dawned on me it could have been deflected.

He was crap though and to book Hudson when their lad was let off scot free was bizarre.

4 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'd suggest that missed opportunities at the other end would be bigger contributors to results.

Yep. Our goals against is similar or better than all the top 7 apart from York. But our goals scored is quite a bit lower than all of them. 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Yep. Our goals against is similar or better than all the top 7 apart from York. But our goals scored is quite a bit lower than all of them. 

To have played 11 games, only scoring more than once twice, but only losing once is pretty remarkable.

• Like 3

• Bender unfeatured this topic