MATCH: Yeovil Town (H) 21/09/24

Well this is yet another drab performance so far. I don't see any sort of pattern to how we play, everyone just looks lost on the ball with no idea what to do. It just makes it slow, predictable and ineffective. We barely create anything from open play that doesn't come from a mistake from the opposition. We go direct far too often when we're not set up to play like that, we don't stretch the play anywhere near enough to warrant using the wingbacks who themselves don't get forward enough.

These are a really poor side and we have to be wining these games to even think about promotion.

We’re so lacking of any real quality and I still haven’t got a clue about how Mellon wants to play.

If it stays 0 v 0 that’s 4 wins in 23 home games which is a full season….piss poor!!

20 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Nicest thing to do would be to let Fondop spend more time with his father and allow him to watch the game with him from the main stand...

YIIIRRRRSSSS!!!

• Like 1

Glad to win that one! Happy for Fondop to get a goal, you could see how much it meant to him.

Thought Dolan looked very tidy when he came on. 

Note to the commentary team: you can not score directly from a throw in. I need to mute them next time - wish NLTV had the option to just listen to the crowd noise.

• Like 1

The BBC is in some weird cosmic infinity bubble,  commentary has just called a Fondop goal - 15 minutes late😉.    80 mins they say?

Ey Up, I know what's happening - not live

Edited by Punce

Pretty confident we’ve got a proper player in Dolan. Good things to come from this lad. 
Despite what the usual lot say I actually think that was a very good performance and a clear deserved victory. I’m sure some forget this is non league football. Honestly don’t know what you expect. Well done boys

• Like 12

Really happy we won and especially for big Mikey.

That was hard work.  Very lackluster performance on the whole, against a Yeovil side who in the second half settled for a point- with everyone behind the ball.  

We huffed and puffed, lacked creativity and struggled to break them down. A lot of half chances but nothing concrete.  Decision making was poor today.

What a cross, was it Ogle?  Great header by Fondop.  Thought we went long too much today and looked a lot better when Dolan came on.

Take the three and move onto Tuesday against seemingly a very handy Forrest Green side.

Taking into account a new squad who being moulded into how MM wants to play, had Key injuries to forwards who are working towards match fitness, and will click to be four points off top spot is a solid start.

Dolan will be a key player through us, defencively look solid, so lots of improvement still to come KTF.

• Like 1