Premier league Bteam competition announced....

Fixtures.

......and it can get to fuck!

I'm not interested whatsoever in this competition and I won't be attending any games. I hope we rest all the first team and give the youngsters some game time.

It's an unwelcome distraction from our promotion bid.

*NB I know there is another thread on this but I couldn't find it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

How stupid are the club to agree to this despite whatever the finacial reward may be. Reading as if we'll have to play our strongest side? Or close to (correct me if im wrong).

Lets add 4 extra games and increase the risk of injury and put at risk any chance of going up (however big that may be to begin).

As the OP has put, this can get to fuck.

This is an a solute joke. Darren Royle had questions to answer. We have a thread bare squad and are playing 4 extra games at least. The likes of Southend York, Solihull and Hartlepool have rejected it. Our aim is promotion and we are playing this. 

8 minutes ago, Oafc88 said:

How stupid are the club to agree to this despite whatever the finacial reward may be. Reading as if we'll have to play our strongest side? Or close to (correct me if im wrong).

Lets add 4 extra games and increase the risk of injury and put at risk any chance of going up (however big that may be to begin).

As the OP has put, this can get to fuck.

I would doubt that the club had much say. Things like this should require a unanimous supporting vote or at the very least a large majority vote to be passed by the league. But my guess would be the league waved it through for a few beans. If the club did have a say and were in favour of it then that'd be hugely disappointing to say the least.

If you want to give young players "valuable playing time", stop fucking hoarding them in your academies and let them play actual league football for professional clubs. An absolute joke.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

This is an a solute joke. Darren Royle had questions to answer. We have a thread bare squad and are playing 4 extra games at least. The likes of Southend York, Solihull and Hartlepool have rejected it. Our aim is promotion and we are playing this. 

Did we have the opportunity to reject this and not play in it?

5 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I would doubt that the club had much say. Things like this should require a unanimous supporting vote or at the very least a large majority vote to be passed by the league. But my guess would be the league waved it through for a few beans. If the club did have a say and were in favour of it then that'd be hugely disappointing to say the least.

If you want to give young players "valuable playing time", stop fucking hoarding them in your academies and let them play actual league football for professional clubs. An absolute joke.

Yeah fair point, be nice to get some clarification whether that was the case or not.

Absolutely agree with the 2nd paragraph.

1 minute ago, LightDN123 said:

Don’t really see the appeal. Play the fringe players and youths and use it as some extra fitness / training games.  

Id not be too bothered if this was the case but im sure ive read we have to play 1st teamers pretty much. I'd imagine it will be similar to the EFL trophy when they introduced rules following B teams being introduced that ensured a certain amount of 1st teamers played or the club incurred fines.

4 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Other clubs have why would we be different?

4 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

There's only 16 teams from the league in it...

I didn't know the reason for only 16 teams or how they were selected etc, hence the question! What would have happened (or did happen) if more than 8 teams said they didn't want to be in it?

Incredibly disappointing if we had the opportunity to not participate but have chosen to. 

Whoever it is whose agreed to this needs to hang their head in fucking shame.

Moaning we can't keep our Academy status then playing along with the very organisation that gives absolutely zero fucks about us and the progression of our youngsters just smacks of fucking hypocrisy. 

We have teams in NL in August unable to name a full quota of substitutes, pitches through lack of maintenance that can't cope with 20 league fixtures, some showing excessive wear and tear already yet we've probably sold our soul for an absolute pittance. 

Not a fucking clue some within our club and that starts at the top, if this commitment we've agreed to becomes the difference between promotion and another season in NL then heads should roll because some of the footballing decisions being made at the club are  actually incredulous, there's not one thing to be gained from this farce and the fact that anyone has agreed to it is astonishing.

The fact that some of our promotion rivals can see the wood for the trees just further emphasises that we've got a fucking eejit making some pretty awful football decisions and I can't imagine any manager worth their salt let alone supporters would want anything to do with what is no more than a farce.

Teams like York fucking pissing their pants at our clowns.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 5

12 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Whoever it is whose agreed to this needs to hang their head in fucking shame.

Moaning we can't keep our Academy status then playing along with the very organisation that gives absolutely zero fucks about us and the progression of our youngsters just smacks of fucking hypocrisy. 

We have teams in NL in August unable to name a full quota of substitutes, pitches through lack of maintenance that can't cope with 20 league fixtures, some showing excessive wear and tear already yet we've probably sold our soul for an absolute pittance. 

Not a fucking clue some within our club and that starts at the top, if this commitment we've agreed to becomes the difference between promotion and another season in NL then heads should roll because some of the footballing decisions being made at the club are  actually incredulous, there's not one thing to be gained from this farce and the fact that anyone has agreed to it is astonishing.

The fact that some of our promotion rivals can see the wood for the trees just further emphasises that we've got a fucking eejit making some pretty awful football decisions and I can't imagine any manager worth their salt let alone supporters would want anything to do with what is no more than a farce.

Teams like York fucking pissing their pants at our clowns.

I can see your point, especially the pitches. 

Maybe more of a farce than I initially thought. 

17 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I didn't know the reason for only 16 teams or how they were selected etc, hence the question! What would have happened (or did happen) if more than 8 teams said they didn't want to be in it?

Incredibly disappointing if we had the opportunity to not participate but have chosen to. 

Cannot believe we have agreed to this and eight teams said no... very disappointing if we had the chance to say no. 

• Like 1

One of the very few benefits of not being an EFL club was that we wouldn't have to participate in their EFL Trophy - a competition made worthless by the inclusion of Premier & Championship U21 sides.

Now it's followed us to the National League, only somehow worse.

These will be rubbish games with pitiful crowds (although I would expect United to turn out for their game). The EFL have strict regulations about the teams their clubs can field in the Trophy (to prevent clubs fielding 11 fringe/youth players) and I imagine the National League will do something similar - the PL2 clubs would have a proper hissy fit sending their sides to play Latics U18s. 

Extra games on the pitch, risk of fatigue/injuries and squeezing more money out of already hard-pressed diehard fans. The fact that 8 NL sides aren't having to participate is in itself very unfair.

I cannot see a single positive factor for us, but plenty of negatives - we should boycott.

Edited by Billy_of_Lees
  • Like 1

Per BBC:

The top 14 teams in last season's National League not to be promoted, along with the two teams relegated from League Two, were invited to take part.

However, Barnet, Eastleigh, Solihull and Southend have decided not to take up their places, with Dagenham & Redbridge, Wealdstone, Woking and Ebbsfleet taking their place.

We aren’t a fan owned club, but the fans have played a part in speeding up the departure of the previous regime. And OASF have made great strides in the last couple of years. So it’s hugely disappointing the club chose not to consult with the fans on this.

It would be nice if we were a leader in standing up for EFL and national league clubs rather than just bending over with the rest and gratefully scoffing the few crumbs the premier league see fit to throw out. 

I’d say play the kids but I presume we’ll have signed up to some sort of minimum number of first teamers having to play.