Premier league Bteam competition announced....

19 hours ago, JoeP said:

Maybe we're skint and need the cash?

What about the cost of the opening the stadium, paying staff, the obligitory stewards and security, energy charges including floodlights. 

With about 400 attending it could mean an operating loss. 

Edited by BP1960

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Moloney

Sutton

Hogan

Hobson

Doro

Charsley (back from injury

Kay

Khan

Uchegbulam 

Garner

Reid

whens the first match? if we did sumat like this then l can tolerate it. l'm so glad everybody hates it and theres no 'play in a final' bullshit goin on. its really brightened my day 😃

1 hour ago, Simpo said:

Moloney

Sutton

Hogan

Hobson

Doro

Charsley (back from injury

Kay

Khan

Uchegbulam 

Garner

Reid

Kofi Moore too. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

Eastleigh FC has put out a statement to say why they think it's a shite competition:

https://eastleighfc.com/2024/09/statement-the-national-league-cup/

👍

Really disappointed in the club agreeing to this. Royle is on the national league bored so is overseeing replays being scrapped and this competition 

1 hour ago, LaticMark said:

Eastleigh FC has put out a statement to say why they think it's a shite competition:

https://eastleighfc.com/2024/09/statement-the-national-league-cup/

👍

I know we won't hear anything about this from the dimwits running the 'football operation' side of things given their track record with regards to communication but this statement put out by Eastleigh just about sums up the feeling withing the League and it's supporters, how we as a club after banging on about point one quite incessantly have allowed this to happen is quite remarkable, serious questions need to be asked with regards to football decisions because time and time again we appear to get it badly wrong.

Whose shout would this have been then Darren?, Micky?, a board decision?. I think the reasoning behind this should be put out to the supporters, it's almost like we have directors not making decisions with the clubs best interests at heart, is it another vanity project for Royle?, is he feathering his own nest in favour of respecting the club and it's fanbase?, what is his motive in all this for railroading this shambles of a competition in, what's in it for Oldham Athletic then?. Has anybody been consulted?.

I notice we can't even shift basic matchday hospitality packages for the next two home fixtures - match, match ball and hospitality still available for the next two home games as well as crowds being down significantly on last season despite us sitting in the playoff places.

Maybe we should be concentrating on this to generate revenue rather than cosying up to our PL and EFL neighbours and selling our soul?.

I suppose they will probably just ask Rowan Ashworth or County End Electrical to step in - again 🤔 .

3 hours ago, BP1960 said:

What about the cost of the opening the stadium, paying staff, the obligitory stewards and security, energy charges including floodlights. 

With about 400 attending it could mean an operating loss. 

If the Premier league clubs are footing the bill and putting a little sweetener on top, then it will benefit the club financially...

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

The professor has been defending it on Twitter. He's involved with the club, isn't he...?

Problem with that is - and I know Darren Royle likes to wank himself senseless over the amount of academics we have working at the club using statistics and analysis is that within this cross section of the people from my experience there are some that really do lack basic common sense.

Whoever thought up this masterplan and signed it off should get in the bin, they are probably also partly responsible for spunking half a million quid of somebody else's money on a nonentity of a player we chased relentlessly under an excruciatingly shite inadequate manager who was out of his depth from day one.

Pattern emerging?.

• Like 1

My final point on the matter and it is in relation to prize money and fixture congestion.

If we manage to win one game this year in the FA Cup and reach the first round proper that alone in prize money will be worth 40k plus any additional revenue through the gate or TV monies, third round proper although not confirmed yet is in excess of 100k plus the obvious add ons you'd accrue from getting through to that round not to mention the possibility of pulling a golden ticket out, surely away from the League this should really be our other focus?.

Unbelievably we've trimmed the squad down (and rightly so) but now go in to a period of 13 games (potentially) which we are committed to play (and that's before you even factor in any possible replays) in a 48 day period, so in less than 7 weeks we'll have near on played at least twice a week every week.

Within that seven weeks we will have to go to Ebbsfleet, Sutton, Maidenhead, Barnet (it's a League heavily dominated by Southern clubs Professor) plus whomever we pull in the FA Cup which is likely to be Lands End or similar, agreeing to more fixtures for any amount of money is just suicidal. Ironically replays are still required up until the 1st round proper which could burden us even further given any draws in qualifying rounds need to be replayed within the week

Here's our next less than seven weeks mapped out with the chance we could also have to fit replays in, guaranteed 12 games possibly 13 first team fixtures.

21/09 Yeovil (H)

24/09 Forest Green (H)

28/09 Ebbsfleet (A)

01/10 Stoke (H)

05/10 Solihull (H)

12/10 FA Cup ((H or A)

15/10 Date set aside for FA Cup replay

19/10 Sutton (A)

22/10 Maidenhead (A)

26/10 Dagenham (H)

02/11 FA Cup 1st Round (potential H or A)

06/11 Wolves (H)

09/11 Barnet (A)

I hope they've got the cheque book out to sign the three or four players we will undoubtedly need given we hardly have a midweek off now till the end of the year. 

I don't want to hear a fucking word about how tired/leggy we are given what we've committed to.

*edited as I mistakingly had us down at home to Barnet 09/11 when we are actually away.

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Don't get the uproar.

Momentum is huge. Win a few of these games and it could continue into the league.

It's a chance to win a trophy, something most of our fans have never seen us do. We should get through the group stage with 4 home games and then are into the Quarter Finals. Let's embrace it.

Saying that, most people moaning and whinging in this thread are the same ones who wanted Mellon out a couple of games ago and claim Fondop is absolutely rubbish .... 

Only just read this. Staggering incompetence to have entered such nonsense. I'd go as far as to say it could cost us promotion this season. Nobody in their right mind would congest the fixture list now.

Seriously, whoever sanctioned this should be dismissed.