Premier league Bteam competition announced....

26 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

They have B teams in their leagues yes, but I have no idea if it works or how long they have been in their leagues so it might be traditional for them to be in there.

Other countries leagues don't have the depth like we do as most have low crowds anyway even in their second divisions.

Also there are two B teams in the Lowland League in Scotland (Celtic and Hearts) , Rangers used to be in there but dropped out this year but I don't know the reason.

There are B teams in Germany too but they aren’t allowed in the professional leagues. 

Is there any country that has a professional pyramid to the depth we do? B teams are solely to benefit the big premier league clubs. The ones who wanted to fuck off to a European super league not that long ago. I’ve no idea why we’re dancing to their tune. 

21 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Spain. They win enough major trophies...

They’ve had b teams for about 50 years or more I think. Started being properly successful in 2008 so I doubt they played a key role. 

7 hours ago, daniel said:

Access to fan bar they expect to be ready for the October 5th home game, subject to SAG approval, which they are confident about. 

Catering they have a major meeting this week and should know more then on when/if it will happen. Sounds like if it happens a major infrastructure change will commence. They also stated they have taken on board the feedback regards prices and will work on this with a new caterer. 

They have acknowledged the amount of complaints regards stewarding in and around the stadium and are working with the company on addressing these issues, and apparently it’s been much better the last few games.  

Nothing else of note that I could remember.

Thanks.

Can those who are in floods of tears and utterly incensed by this decision by the club to take part in this B team competition explain their reasoning for being inconsolable? 

Statistically speaking, we are more likely to spend another year in this division than escape. If we have someone that can influence decision to make 3 up, 3 down happen, then this may be one of the little things that needs to happen.

4 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Can those who are in floods of tears and utterly incensed by this decision by the club to take part in this B team competition explain their reasoning for being inconsolable? 

Statistically speaking, we are more likely to spend another year in this division than escape. If we have someone that can influence decision to make 3 up, 3 down happen, then this may be one of the little things that needs to happen.

How are we more than likely going to stay down? Grimsby went up with Stockport. Bromley ended up going with chesterfield. If you make the play offs anything can happen. we may even win the title.

all talk of three up three down has all gone quiet with Wrexham going up. I doubt you can see the bigger picture, the national league are leaning on the premier league. They held a joint meeting without the EFL in June about scrapping replays. They supported that and got this B team competition so extra funding.

The premier league will push the EFL for three up three down but will be at a cost for more permanent B teams. 

33 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

How are we more than likely going to stay down? Grimsby went up with Stockport. Bromley ended up going with chesterfield. If you make the play offs anything can happen. we may even win the title.

all talk of three up three down has all gone quiet with Wrexham going up. I doubt you can see the bigger picture, the national league are leaning on the premier league. They held a joint meeting without the EFL in June about scrapping replays. They supported that and got this B team competition so extra funding.

The premier league will push the EFL for three up three down but will be at a cost for more permanent B teams. 

Think he means cos, on average, relegated EFL clubs spend 4 years in this dump...

8 hours ago, Only Blue said:

Define what you class as working and if you mean by major trophies as european competitions then how does that help lower league clubs?

It doesn't, but that's not what it's here for, is it? It's designed to help the U21 lot be geared up for senior football to ultimately give the national team greater success. England's national team have made significant progress in tournaments since they allowed U21 sides into the Autoglass trophy. This is the next step...

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

It doesn't, but that's not what it's here for, is it? It's designed to help the U21 lot be geared up for senior football to ultimately give the national team greater success. England's national team have made significant progress in tournaments since they allowed U21 sides into the Autoglass trophy. This is the next step...

😂👏

25 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not having this, the EFL trophy competition is a farce and the clubs play a fair few senior players coming back from injury, who are not English. 

I think the consolidation of England at St George’s park in 2012 had a bigger impact on the national team than the EFL shit trophy. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Not sure that would pass the causation/correlation test.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

You got me!!! You have been on a wind up the whole time but pushed it too far with that response :)

The next step is to play U21s against even lower players at non-league level and that will help us progress further in tournaments, wow. 

When England started taking all the U16s, U17s , U21s tournaments seriously did the full team start to improve because so many of the players got used to being cooped up in hotels and adapted to life in a tournament scenario, so they were already experienced in the pressures that go with that life.

I may be wrong but I can't see a future England captain lifting a trophy and saying "that was because I played Oldham on a Tuesday night in front on no-one"

7 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Number of finals reached by England senior sides before U21/3 teams entered the Football League Trophy = 0

Number of finals reached by England senior sides since U21/3 teams entered the Football League Trophy -4.

Arise Sir Gareth Southgate.

29 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Number of finals reached by England senior sides before U21/3 teams entered the Football League Trophy = 0

Number of finals reached by England senior sides since U21/3 teams entered the Football League Trophy -4.

Oh wow I hadn't realised . I stand corrected our resurgence is down to playing against League one and two teams, not moving to St Georges and properly investing into young talent to ensure they are equipped for tournament football.

I think we are slightly going off topic as my points are that it is going to ruin lower league football. It's started already with the FA Cup and teams in Europe entering the League Cup at a later stage.

What do Premier League clubs get from it - Experience for their younger players 

What do we get from it - A bit of money but doesn't benefit our players playing youth players

Once this beds in they will want more games just like the European comps are expanding. Are the Prem clubs saying no to UEFA or are they saying its too many so cut more domestic games in order to play in Europe.

The same will happen at our level, not now or in a few years, but it will get expanded and there will be more and more matches until they are in the league system at the expense of a proper club.

51 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Classic poster response 

34 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Cole Palmer played in it too and so did Guehi...

More than I thought but I'm not having it that playing a few games in it outweighs club coaching, St George's, junior Euro and World tournaments, Carabao Cup...

6 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

More than I thought but I'm not having it that playing a few games in it outweighs club coaching, St George's, junior Euro and World tournaments, Carabao Cup...

It might not outweigh other factors, but you can't dismiss the possibility it has improved the national sides just because you don't like the idea.

36 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

It might not outweigh other factors, but you can't dismiss the possibility it has improved the national sides just because you don't like the idea.

Nobody can seriously think a couple of games in this are material