Premier league Bteam competition announced....

2 hours ago, basilrobbie said:

I've just read 292 at Halifax, 227 at Woking, 213 at Ebbsfleet.

As successes go, I'm not filing it under 'roaring". 

theyre quite high crowds for them clubs, no? ours was around 7% of a normal crowd, which can be reassuringly written off as family members from both teams.

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

theyre quite high crowds for them clubs, no? ours was around 7% of a normal crowd, which can be reassuringly written off as family members from both teams.

A much higher percentage than yours certainly. But still pretty pitiful  when you consider how much it costs to stage the fixture. 

You either want to attend or you don't. Straight forward choice.  All this scab nonsense is pretty petty.

I am expecting the ManUre tie to increase the average attendance up considerably. 

What I find odd, most posters wanted the reserves to have games believing it would be beneficial. Or is it this little man syndrome to the Premier League that's got to people?.

5 minutes ago, Lags said:

You either want to attend or you don't. Straight forward choice.  All this scab nonsense is pretty petty.

I am expecting the ManUre tie to increase the average attendance up considerably. 

What I find odd, most posters wanted the reserves to have games believing it would be beneficial. Or is it this little man syndrome to the Premier League that's got to people?.

I think the "scab" quote was in jest, the difference between a reserve league and this joke of a competition is that people don't like the fact you have to play players who featured in the previous league game. If the prem U21's want to play a game let them play our U21's. Either that or stop stockpiling all the young talent and let them ply their trade throughout the pyramid. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Do any cups have rules enforcing a number of first team players other than the efl trophy and nl cup?

Take a look at the changes that PL teams make in the EFL and FA cups so no.

Last night was a 1st team game for Oldham and a reserve team fixture for Stoke infront of 455 fans we should be concerned by that.

We all know that the premier league elite want Bteam/reserves/U23s in the football league purely for their own benefit. If that happens then it will be clubs like us that lose out because it will make climbing the pyramid even harder than it is now.

I don't give a shit that we are playing Man United in this tournament and I don't care if we lose. That's not how I want to feel when we play against Manchester United side I want us to kill them and I won't feel that. That makes me sad.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

I think the "scab" quote was in jest, the difference between a reserve league and this joke of a competition is that people don't like the fact you have to play players who featured in the previous league game. If the prem U21's want to play a game let them play our U21's. Either that or stop stockpiling all the young talent and let them ply their trade throughout the pyramid. 

The scab maybe in jest to you,  but not others.  So we have to play 4 first teamers from the previous league game, hardly a deal breaker.

The benefits of giving game time to Fringe or returning injured players trumps the 4 players required. 

As for the low attendance,  how many attended the stiffs back in the day,  for free!!

Edited by Lags

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Take a look at the changes that PL teams make in the EFL and FA cups so no.

Last night was a 1st team game for Oldham and a reserve team fixture for Stoke infront of less than 450 fans we should be concerned by that.

We all know that the premier league elite want Bteam/reserves/U23s in the football league purely for their own benefit. If that happens then it will be clubs like us that lose out because it will make climbing the pyramid even harder than it is now.

I don't give a shit thar we are playing Man United in this tournament and I don't care if we lose. That's not how I want to feel when we play against Manchester United side I want us to kill them and I won't feel that. That makes me sad.

It clearly wasn't a first team fixture for us

7 hours ago, Lags said:

The scab maybe in jest to you,  but not others.  So we have to play 4 first teamers from the previous league game, hardly a deal breaker.

The benefits of giving game time to Fringe or returning injured players trumps the 4 players required. 

As for the low attendance,  how many attended the stiffs back in the day,  for free!!

As in life we all take a different outlook on things, as for the scab quote it's not a word I would use. You either attend or you don't no issues either way.