Premier league Bteam competition announced....

On 10/2/2024 at 5:56 PM, basilrobbie said:

A much higher percentage than yours certainly. But still pretty pitiful  when you consider how much it costs to stage the fixture. 

l think the fixtures are subsidised by the prem?

not sayin we didnt take it total serious but we made a substitution after 15mins, we didn't really celebrate the goals and one of our more regular players got himself sent off so that he doesn't have to play in the next one!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

l think the fixtures are subsidised by the prem?

not sayin we didnt take it total serious but we made a substitution after 15mins, we didn't really celebrate the goals and one of our more regular players got himself sent off so that he doesn't have to play in the next one!!

Fulfilled the requirement of 4 players in the side from the previous leadue match 

7 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Same was said about the revamped Autowindscreens Shield. Think its now on its 7th season since allowing U21 sides in...

The major differences for me are that :

a) the competition L1/L2 affects all clubs - nobody is getting a competitive advantage by opting not to play

b) squad sizes tend to be bigger in L1 and L2, and they are better able to absorb the impact on overall fitness

The thing that really grates is that this looks like a very clumsy bribe by the PL and an attempt to embroil the NL in its wider quest to expand its control over the structure of the game and its efforts to thwart independent regulation. Why the NL has chosen to go along with this is beyond me, and so far I haven't seen any attempt by it to address the concerns that supporters in particular have. We - you - deserve better.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, basilrobbie said:

a) the competition L1/L2 affects all clubs - nobody is getting a competitive advantage by opting not to play

b) squad sizes tend to be bigger in L1 and L2, and they are better able to absorb the impact on overall fitness

The thing that really grates is that this looks like a very clumsy bribe by the PL and an attempt to embroil the NL in its wider quest to expand its control over the structure of the game and its efforts to thwart independent regulation. Why the NL has chosen to go along with this is beyond me, and so far I haven't seen any attempt by it to address the concerns that supporters in particular have. We - you - deserve better.

If I had to guess I'd say it's more likely to be expanded to 24 teams and made compulsory rather than being binned off.

A few more quid thrown at the teams as a sweetener.

1 hour ago, basilrobbie said:

Don't think it is that deep, the fact the NL sides play all the games at home and keep the gate receipts tells you all it really is is a form of compensation for removing FA Cup replays.

10 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Hobson has broken a bone in his foot 👏👏

"Shaun Hobson will be sidelined until at least next month after suffering a broken foot in midweek."

"Depending on the nature of the break, such injuries take between four and six weeks to heal, more commonly the latter."

www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/24630906.update-oldham-athletic-defender-hobsons-injury

4 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Shit that and totally unnecessary. 

100%. And the simple fix of Sutton coming onto the bench isn't quite so simple if there's another injury/suspension over the course of the next "at least 4 weeks" he's out.

19 hours ago, nzlatic said:

100%. And the simple fix of Sutton coming onto the bench isn't quite so simple if there's another injury/suspension over the course of the next "at least 4 weeks" he's out.

This is why I recommended the outstanding young centre back I've seen who isn't in the first team picture yet. 

Could be unrealistic to get him though as I think by the end of the season he will be on loan at a top Divison 1 club or his clubs Championship team. 

Mind you if you never ask you will never get. 

Recommended 3 more, a 17yo who will become top class, one unlikely to go into non league and another possibile. 

All I can do is put recommendations forward, but it would be a lot easier if we were in Division 1 for these calibre of players 

Edited by BP1960