Premier league Bteam competition announced....

3 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Maybe we're skint and need the cash?

They'll be putting them games on at a loss 100%. Zero to be gained from them.

All the bullshit about promotion being the priority, honestly you couldn't make this shit up.

Unlike our mate @deyres42 this fella has a bad habit of getting all the big calls wrong.

Edited by yarddog73

Just now, yarddog73 said:

They'll be putting them games on at a loss 100%. 

Won't matter if they've been paid a healthy sum by the Premier League to enter it.

I'd be amazed if they were entering a competition that everyone hates, would compromise our promotion chances and there be a financial loss.  

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

It will be interesting to hear Darren Royles reasons for us participating in this competition, perhaps we are all missing what positives there are to be gained from this. 

I assume they think financially we won't lose out at the very least. As others have said it does nothing for me but there are those that will turn up to any game and the utd fixture will be attended decently. I suppose you could see it as an opportunity to develop connections with these clubs that could see us be better positioned in the future to secure talent. Being able to host these clubs gives us an opportunity to showcase the facilities here.

Can't believe the moaning bastards on here, personally I can't to see us play Blackburn and Stokes U21s in the middle of an already busy fixture list. BRING IT ON 

"The competition, which begins in October, also offers an opportunity for National League clubs to play regular matches against the best U21 teams in England at their own stadia, with this additional exposure intended to improve the playing and spectator experience."

This has been spat out of ChatGPT. It has no meaning and offers no tangible benefits. "Improve the spectator experience"... how?

In a letter to the 24 National League clubs, a few months ago, chief executive Mark Ives was understood to have endorsed the controversial decision to abandon replays from the first-round of the FA Cup on the grounds that there was insufficient space in the calendar to accommodate them!!

Just had a quick gander at our fixture list for the October and November games. We play Solihull at home on the Saturday after the 1st game and Barnet away the Saturday after the 2nd game.

Neither team are in this comp. Considering both teams are likely to be top 7, along with ourselves (if we are serious about going up), lets hope we dont pick up any injuries for these key games!

5 minutes ago, LaticMark said:

"The combined prize fund for the competition is £1million, provided by the Premier League. Prize money will be distributed only to National League clubs."

www.thetwatswhorunthenationalleague

So on average give or take 60k.

I thought all our focus was on getting our Academy status re-established, something we lost when we were relegated from the EFL, fixtures for this competition have fell horribly for us and that's before we've played an FA Cup game or a Trophy game which I'm sure will take precedence over these Micky Mouse fixtures. 

I wish someone from the club would come out and explain the reasoning for this shambles because last season Mellon admitted pre FA Trophy that he wasn't really arsed about the outcome of those games and his main focus would be on the League, these are even more irrelevant and put a huge strain on a squad Mellon has rightly trimmed down, I'd rather we had a good go at the Trophy than this aberration and I cannot for the life of me see any benefit to the football club, honestly we are being led by an absolute amateur. 

4 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Fixtures.

......and it can get to fuck!

I'm not interested whatsoever in this competition and I won't be attending any games. I hope we rest all the first team and give the youngsters some game time.

It's an unwelcome distraction from our promotion bid.

*NB I know there is another thread on this but I couldn't find it.

This was the other thread . . . ⬇️

48 minutes ago, Boyyou said:

Horse bolted

We're playing in it this season however if enough people kick up a fuss refuse to attend and the option is there not to participate next season, then we will be having second thoughts.

Edited by GlossopLatic

10 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Harmless enough competition, if last season is anything to go by then Mellon won't be taking it seriously, pitch shouldn't be an issue with the money that's been spent on it, players can get injured at any time.

But you'd rather not subject them to anything that could lead to them getting injured when it's perfectly avoidable, same with red cards, bookings - how do they get totted up then.

I'd expect you to go against the grain as its the way you are but I thought even you could see that this competition is just an absolute nonsense. 

• Like 1

If we're not forced to play our first-teamers, would it be the worst thing in the world?  Give some of our fringe players game time.  View it as a reserve team game.

Still wouldn't give the least shiny shit about the tournament, but it wouldn't all be bad...

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JoeP said:

If we're not forced to play our first-teamers, would it be the worst thing in the world?  Give some of our fringe players game time.  View it as a reserve team game.

Still wouldn't give the least shiny shit about the tournament, but it wouldn't all be bad...

Except we haven't got many fringe players as the squad's been cut to a minimum. 

Think I'll give it a miss.

2 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

We're playing in it this season however if enough people kick up a fuss refuse to attend and the option is there not to participate next season, then we will be having second thoughts.

Hopefully we won't be in this amateurish league next season. 

15 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

How many players under 21 have we besides the youth team? 

25 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

We have 26 players registered on the back of the program so technically we can make the changes.

The problem is it's time effort and energy forced on something of no value to us whatsoever.

• Like 1