• Lundstram
    • Hammond
    • Fondop
    • Norwood
    • Kitching
    • Uchegbulam
    • Dolan
    • Garner

Monthe was outstanding. Covered every blade of grass. Knew when to hack it, knew when to caress it with silky skills. He got my vote.

Special mention to Lundstram who is rapidly turning into the player that we thought we had signed last season.

Confidence is everything...

Extra special mention to God's mystery player.

Exudes everything, good and bad. Mostly good; never ever gives up though. Pure Class.

Also enjoyed watching Frank Nouble.

Remained a threat all game. He and Harris were Yeovils only bright sparks.

8 hours ago, deckyd said:

Went for Fondop, glad for the winning goal! 

Would of been some clash if Nouble had of played Monthes side!

Reckon they kept him well away for a reason!

Thought Monthe was immense matched up against Pearson who to be fair was still Yeovils best player and is the type we could do with in the final third but I thought we won the game through our substitutes, best of them was Dolan whose got something about him, also thought Jez did well but he's showing a real reluctance to run at the fullback and I'm not sure why. Thought Garner also contributed well for his 20 minute cameo.

I notice Yeovil after Sounthend were only able to name six subs and I feel our strong bench and competition for places is what's really making the difference particularly with five subs from seven now allowed, it enables Mellon to change the game.

36 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Thought Monthe was immense matched up against Pearson who to be fair was still Yeovils best player and is the type we could do with in the final third but I thought we won the game through our substitutes, best of them was Dolan whose got something about him, also thought Jez did well but he's showing a real reluctance to run at the fullback and I'm not sure why. Thought Garner also contributed well for his 20 minute cameo.

I notice Yeovil after Sounthend were only able to name six subs and I feel our strong bench and competition for places is what's really making the difference particularly with five subs from seven now allowed, it enables Mellon to change the game.

That point about subs is a good one and selfishly, I'm glad we're benefitting from it but really it's yet another means of giving the bigger clubs an advantage over the small fry, pffft.

14 hours ago, L1onheartNew said:

Monthe was outstanding. Covered every blade of grass. Knew when to hack it, knew when to caress it with silky skills. He got my vote.

Special mention to Lundstram who is rapidly turning into the player that we thought we had signed last season.

Confidence is everything...

Extra special mention to God's mystery player.

Exudes everything, good and bad. Mostly good; never ever gives up though. Pure Class.

Also enjoyed watching Frank Nouble.

Remained a threat all game. He and Harris were Yeovils only bright sparks.

And Pearson, the type of player we need. 

Thought Monthe was a touch of class. 

When the winger tried to knock the ball past him i bet he thought i will beat this big lump for pace. what a joke He didn't try it again and got subbed soon after.

Power, pace, and reads the game so well, yes he has limitations, but christ IMO he is the best centre half we have had since Gregan's first season.  

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/22/2024 at 10:22 AM, yarddog73 said:

Thought Monthe was immense matched up against Pearson who to be fair was still Yeovils best player and is the type we could do with in the final third

On 9/22/2024 at 12:02 PM, BP1960 said:

And Pearson, the type of player we need. 

Has oddly just left them by mutual consent for "personal reasons"

52 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Has oddly just left them by mutual consent for "personal reasons"

Left Bristol City under similar circumstances, definitely has talent but not sure the reasons behind him having two contracts terminated by mutual consent in 12 months, could play at an higher level for sure. Be interesting to see where he ends up.