MATCH: Forest Green Rovers (H) 24/09/24

6 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Really excited for this game. Although it's early doors, it's an actual competitive game against a likely promotion rival. When was the last time we had one of those?!

A month ago?

11 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

A month ago?

Mmm. Gateshead? Play off rivals yes, but I don't see them as title contenders. Plus that was only the 6th game, the league is starting to get more settled now and a win tomorrow should put us right in amongst it at the top. So in my head the Gateshead game didn't carry the same excitement or jeopardy.

I actually think the division will pan out to be a four horse race between them, Barnet York and us. The longer the season goes on, the deeper squads should trump those like Gateshead and Dagenham who, whilst their first XI compete really well, they just don't have the quality to bring on from the bench. I feel we're starting to get there and this will be a great yardstick to see how we match up now.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Mmm. Gateshead? Play off rivals yes, but I don't see them as title contenders. Plus that was only the 6th game, the league is starting to get more settled now and a win tomorrow should put us right in amongst it at the top. So in my head the Gateshead game didn't carry the same excitement or jeopardy.

Aldershot. And promo, not title rivals. Don't think we can claim to be contenders just yet - not put enough wins on the board.

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Aldershot. And promo, not title rivals. Don't think we can claim to be contenders just yet - not put enough wins on the board.

I guess when I talk about promotion rivals I mean the title as there's only 1 up automatically from this division. And play off rivals can probably extend down to somewhere in the bottom half so we'd regularly be playing those sort of games.

I'm not classing us as contenders yet by the way, but I think Forest Green are and we're not far behind them. So if we start winning those games then we should become part of that title conversation. 

2 hours ago, nzlatic said:

Really excited for this game. Although it's early doors, it's an actual competitive game against a likely promotion rival. When was the last time we had one of those?!

This is the sort of game Norwood is at his best, so despite him not doing much last Saturday I'd keep him in. 

• Like 1

As much as it's a test for us let's not forget it's a test for them too not many teams are going to fancy coming here on a Tuesday night. 

I think they and Barnet will be the ones fighting for the title. I don't think we are clinical enough infront of goal yet to be considered title contenders but if we can add that then we can be.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Agreed it's the type of game he sticks his chest out and performs in. 

He should be doing that every single game, the over paid passenger.

Off the bench 2nd half would be best and see if that awakens his desire to get stuck in

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

https://www.fgrsc.com/news/away-in-oldham-24th-sep/

Decent write up about us and the town on their website. Absolutely no idea where the picture is from that they've said is the centre of Oldham though?

Ultimate insults, it's a picture of Rochdale town centre 🤣

Famous Oldhamers - Phillip Schofield :peepwall:

Edited by yarddog73

37 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

https://www.fgrsc.com/news/away-in-oldham-24th-sep/

Decent write up about us and the town on their website. Absolutely no idea where the picture is from that they've said is the centre of Oldham though?

*It's Rochdale. Hilarious banter maybe.

I'm trying to work out how a population of any size can be anything other than residential.  

Edited by Dave_Og