MATCH: Forest Green Rovers (H) 24/09/24

Not feeling confident think we are due a loss. However, this is the national league and on a day we can beat anyone. Hopefully Norwood has something to show against these being a former player.

win this and I think you can start putting us in the bracket as a title contender 

8 minutes ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Not feeling confident think we are due a loss. However, this is the national league and on a day we can beat anyone. Hopefully Norwood has something to show against these being a former player.

win this and I think you can start putting us in the bracket as a title contender 

I think that sums it up about just how big a win this would be,

It's going to be an extremely tough night for the defence and it's highly unlikely they'll be able to keep them out for the full 90 but they've been solid and well drilled, so you just never know.

I think a draw here would be a decent outcome and I understand if we don't get it

55 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

back down to worth with a bump am afraid. 2 goal loss incoming but it will be a lesson for the likes of lundstrum and Hammond and hopefully they will learn from it 

Well you've managed to keep positive for nearly 2 days...well done !  😁

• Like 3

This should be a good entertaining game.  Forrest Green have some very decent players on the books.  If we perform like we can and we click, think there will be goals (famous last words).  3-2 latics or take 2-2! 

They will come and try to play which will be a novelty for most sides that visit Boundary Park, which will help us hopefully.

We've scored in every game we've played this season, if you go by the xG shite our club seems obsessed with we'd actually be in the top two in the division If we'd converted the chances we'd expect to score from, on the flip side FG have picked up about 7 more points in games than their xG expected partly through being far more clinical in from of goal, on expected points they should be around mid table so where they are may be false.

I've still backed them at 11/1 to win the League as I can't have them out the top 3. I hope we go for it tomorrow and are brave enough to take it to them, we've an awful record against them and haven't beat them in eight attempts with 4 draws and 4 defeats so we're overdue a win.

I'd be reverting back to one upfront;

Hudson

Ogle

Raglan

Monthe

Caprice 

Gardner 

Conlon

Kitching

Hammond

Dolan

Fondop

Maloney 

Hogan

Hobson

Uchegbulam 

Lundstrum 

Garner

Norwood

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hemel latic said:

We're Oldham Athletic not Man City FFS. Expecting a tough game.

Tough game indeed, but there’s people on here easy to roll over and have their bellies tickled by the vegans. 

How far we have fallen. 

6 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Hard game but I wouldn’t be treating them with to much respect. We have the quality to beat these. 

A quick look on their forum says alot of them are predicting a draw.

We shouldnt over worry about them They will be seeing us a tough opponent. I don't think they are going to dominate the league the way Chesterfield did last season or Wrexham the season before. They are going to be up there, we definitely have a chance tomorrow to beat them.

Both James Norwood and Manny Monthe will want to do well against their former club.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

Let's hope we can get the 3 points, start a bit of momentum, start getting a bit of a buzz back and start seeing the crowds returning.

I'm going for another 1-0 win, Norwood dodgy penalty for the winner and a dogged clean sheet display at the back.

COYB 

12 hours ago, GKing521 said:

Tough game indeed, but there’s people on here easy to roll over and have their bellies tickled by the vegans. 

How far we have fallen. 

It’s only forest green yes. And we are a non league football club which hasn’t managed to finish higher than 10th place since we got here. 

they are favourites for good reason 

1 hour ago, AndyB2 said:

It’s only forest green yes. And we are a non league football club which hasn’t managed to finish higher than 10th place since we got here. 

they are favourites for good reason 

They are a decent side but only 4 points ahead of us. We should always respect a decent team coming to play us but not overly and we should definitely be looking to win. 

In the interests of fairness monte has been better than I thought he would be .

FGR will be a difficult task but a win tonight will breed confidence within the team and hopefully provide a springboard for the season.

I thought we were " alright " on Saturday but we'll probably have to play at a higher tempo tonight.

We will need to pass it around and use the wide players a lot more than we did on Saturday. Dolan also showed positive glimpses but not sure we can trust him in that number 10 role on his own as we would get over done in midfield with two strikers on the pitch. 

Looking forward to the game.