MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 28/09/24

40 minutes ago, Norewgian Gunnar said:

Not seen much yet from Dolan in my opinion. I would prefer Hammond and Charsley (once fit) to be in the team before him

Think Dolan will come good in time and he looks a better footballer than Hammond at this stage though Hammond's energy is a massive plus.

Charsley walks into the team for me. Same energy as Hammond but a very accomplished footballer too. Having said that I think Hammond's footballing skills are under rated but he is clearly developing as a player, hopefully he has a high ceiling in the modern parlance. 

This is a must win game. Need to guard against complacency. Any away game is potentially a tough game. Do what we did at Wealdstone and Woking, go out and stamp our authority on the game and the opposition in the first 20 minutes. This lot will be low on confidence, get at them. 

• Like 2

If memory serves we were on a good run when we played ebbsfleet last year. 4 wins on the bounce or something similar going into it. They had just got a new manager in and we expected to roll them over. It ended in a drab 0-0,  norwood got injured and we went on a 15 game winless run.

All this is from memory, not checked factually but the point still stands. No matter how much the odds are weighted in your favour we have to approach it professionally, do what we do best, and control the game. 

It could just as easily be 1-0 to them as us sticking 5 past them

• Like 1

Going to be a long day for me.

Grand Final at MCG in the afternoon (fly at 6:30), and as this is a 5:30 kick off, 2:30am Here.

If it's as good  GF as last year, then happy days. Just need us to win this time!

Something feels different about Latics this season.

I haven't got or had that usual feeling of doom...

23 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

With this game and then Solihull it's a great opportunity to cement our playoff place, they'll try to keep it tight given they've struggled, early goal would help and it would be a bonus if Kay or Charsley made the bench.

Could be a game for Gardner and Dolan. Both can unlock a defence.