MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 28/09/24

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I don't dislike Norwood as @yarddog73 has made out but I'm extremely disappointed at a time when we might just have a serious chance of getting out of this God forsaken league, his contribution is the least.

Even half of last season's Norwood might clinch it? we can only hope he gets going and fires us to the top.

That's the end of it.

I haven't named anyone actually, we'll need Norwood this season and I don't think it's fair either to suggest his contribution has been the least. Strikers will have spells where they are in and out of form, Norwoods bagged about 150 in this division throughout his career so he's good to have in our trench particularly in the big games where he seems to have more of an effect.

I understand both sides but let's not let one player take away anything from what the team are achieving and I include the whole squad of 20 odd in that, ultimately it's what they do as a group that matters.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, spanishfly said:

Since 30/12/23 Fondop has scored more than double the league goals Norwood has (12 as against 5). Big Mike deserves more respect for his contribution and it baffles me why Norwood almost seems like a footballing demi- god to some. I`ll caveat by saying I only started watching again in January and so far have yet to see the "real" JN. I hope I do soon.   

Does he? I don't think that's true at all. I'd say most fans have been disappointed by his performances to date. But then a lot of the criticism goes way OTT and gets into cod psychology, which is tiring to say the least. I'm sure it won't be long until people start making up rumours about him again...

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

then a lot of the criticism goes way OTT and gets into cod psychology

😂😂

You don’t have to be a psychologist you just have to watch him. It’s not difficult. 

59 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

which is tiring to say the least.

Not tiring enough for you to say it’s tiring. Just ignore the debate if it irks you. 

1 hour ago, Pidge said:

At the end of last season MM suggested he wanted to make wholesale changes but was unable to get rid of all those he wanted to because of those on longer contracts.

He has clearly done his best this summer to move those he could and get the rest back behind him. We won’t really see who he wanted to move but couldn’t, until next summer.

Think its fair to say that he doesnt want Willoughby or Nuttall but can't get them off the wage bill but to be fair both have been prepared to go out on loan the only 2 that are currently here from last season who he doesn't want but won't move are Norman and Reid both of whom could have gone out on loan if they wanted surely.

Apart from that I think it's fair to say this is very much Micky Mellons team. It doesn't mean he's going to renew everyone's contract next summer and some of them who are good enough now won't help us make the next step but I think he has the players he wants here now.

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

😂😂

You don’t have to be a psychologist you just have to watch him. It’s not difficult. 

Not tiring enough for you to say it’s tiring. Just ignore the debate if it irks you. 

It's a forum initt, people are entitled to keep going on about it, I'm entitled to point out I think it's boring and a load of bollocks

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

It's a forum initt, people are entitled to keep going on about it, I'm entitled to point out I think it's boring and a load of bollocks

Correct,  it's bollocks. It's become an OWTB's said it enough It's true. Here's what we actually know,  Norwood is on a good bunce due to his past history. He's played at an higher level and dropped down the league's. He had a good track record in this league previous but he's now much older. The talent is there but like all older players it's on the wain.

Is he happy here and do his team mates like him?, I've no idea but,  if I were him playing last season in that side and being given dog's abuse from pissed up 'away lad's', I wouldn't have been smiling.

So for now Nors is a latics player,  no doubt wants to be picked and no doubt wants to score. 

Edited by Lags
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I haven't named anyone actually, we'll need Norwood this season and I don't think it's fair either to suggest his contribution has been the least. Strikers will have spells where they are in and out of form, Norwoods bagged about 150 in this division throughout his career so he's good to have in our trench particularly in the big games where he seems to have more of an effect.

I understand both sides but let's not let one player take away anything from what the team are achieving and I include the whole squad of 20 odd in that, ultimately it's what they do as a group that matters.

You made a generalisation but I think you'd have me nailed on as one of the most disgruntled on here, alas I'm not alone in my views.

As said, we need more from the striker's, now more than ever because they finally have a defence strong enough to allow them more freedom than they've had for year's.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lags said:

Correct,  it's bollocks. It's become an OWTB's said it enough It's true. Here's what we actually know,  Norwood is on a good bunce due to his past history. He's played at an higher level and dropped down the league's. He had a good track record in this league previous but he's now much older. The talent is there but like all older players it's on the wain.

Is he happy here and do his team mates like him?, I've no idea but,  if I were him playing last season in that side and being given dog's abuse from pissed up 'away lad's', I wouldn't have been smiling.

So for now Nors is a latics player,  no doubt wants to be picked and no doubt wants to score. 

We're 8 games into an unbeaten run including a run of 4 wins on the bounce and there's still page after page of people doing psychoanalysis on a player because he has the audacity to scowl a bit 😄

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

me too. we would be in national league north without him. people are just weird AF and tryin their hardest not to like him.

making up rumours and shit. sad fucks.

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

Both Norwood and Garner missed pre season, give them both time. 

Garner being given a free pass or something. He’s not even looked like scoring in any games I’ve seen. Maybe Woking. 

He is 108 years old and never been known as a prolific marksman whereas He who must not be criticised is.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Correct,  it's bollocks

What- specifically,  is bollocks? 

Seems to me the #mustnothavecriticalthinkinglads are just as keen to make things up to suit their narrative.

Here’s what we know. 

Barnsley two divisions higher couldn’t match what we offered. That’s public record. 

He’s scored 4 goals since Jan. 3 of which are penalties. 

He status, pedigree, and reported wage means he will always be scrutinised differently. 

1 hour ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

We're 8 games into an unbeaten run including a run of 4 wins on the bounce and there's still page after page of people doing psychoanalysis on a player because he has the audacity to scowl a bit 😄

At least get in the debate guy, instead of making things up. I thought you don’t like people taking bollocks. . 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Seems to me the #mustnothavecriticalthinkinglads are just as keen to make things up to suit their narrative.

Here’s what we know. 

Barnsley two divisions higher couldn’t match what we offered. That’s public record. 

He status, pedigree, and reported wage means he will always be scrutinised differently. 

Record would look so much better if he hadn't been so wrongly denied his knee-in on the goalline at Woking.

People should get off his back and try and support and encourage him to be at his best. 

The reality is, history suggest Fondop won’t keep up this form. So our best chance of scoring goals and being successful is by getting Norwood scoring, consistently. - Garner isn’t getting the goal and Stretton is a gamble. 

Get off the lads back, who cares what he is paid or if he looks happy, I certainly don’t. He will be happy when he’s scoring consistently in a team at the top end. 

We have been crying out for a goal scorer for as long as I can remember. Yet when we sign one, a certain section of the fan base has done nothing but get on the lads back. The same fans will be demanding a goal scorer when he leaves. 

Frustrating, at best. Moronic really. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Here’s what we know. 

Couldn't or wouldn't match?. Or maybe the length of contract. 

Now that's speculation like the norwoodisnthappylads. Or norwoodisnttryinglads. 

In my above post stating quite a lot that's being said is bollicks post. What have I made up in my take on things?

5 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Norwood was top scorer last year wasn’t he ? Doing his job then? 

He did ok last season. 

If Reid or Nuttall got 17 everyone would be saying they had had  a really good season. But he isn’t Reid or Nuttall. They’ve never been as prolific. 

If signed out of contract and on the slide I think that would be a fair return. 
He came after scoring 12 in league one and with a year left on his contract. 

I thought we’d be getting a prolific beast at this level. 

We’ve ended up a player who for whatever reason has been hit and miss. I’ll try to judge him differently moving forward  - as in, a very useful squad player but not the main man.