MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 28/09/24

4 minutes ago, Lags said:

Couldn't or wouldn't match?. Or maybe the length of contract. 

Now that's speculation like the norwoodisnthappylads. Or norwoodisnttryinglads. 

In my above post stating quite a lot that's being said is bollicks post. What have I made up in my take on things?

Wouldn’t-  it was a direct quote in the Barnsley press after fans were dismayed why the club were letting him go. 

4 minutes ago, JoeP said:

People are aware they don't have to read (let alone respond to...) posts that contain subjects they're bored of, right?

Quite. 

Getting annoyed with others and posting on a subject or debate that winds them up. Strange. 

Plenty I ignore, life’s a lot simpler. 

26 minutes ago, League one forever said:

He did ok last season. 

If Reid or Nuttall got 17 everyone would be saying they had had  a really good season. But he isn’t Reid or Nuttall. They’ve never been as prolific. 

If signed out of contract and on the slide I think that would be a fair return. 
He came after scoring 12 in league one and with a year left on his contract. 

I thought we’d be getting a prolific beast at this level. 

We’ve ended up a player who for whatever reason has been hit and miss. I’ll try to judge him differently moving forward  - as in, a very useful squad player but not the main man. 

But like I have said so many times, Norwood needs chances created for him. 

Whether you agree with it or not, Norwood doesn’t create his own chances. He will more than likely score chances that fall to him, naturally he will miss his fair share, like any player will. 

11 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

But like I have said so many times, Norwood needs chances created for him. 

Whether you agree with it or not, Norwood doesn’t create his own chances. He will more than likely score chances that fall to him, naturally he will miss his fair share, like any player will. 

His finishing is generally very good.

Are you saying/thinking he’s a Lineker fox in the box type? Do you think he should just occupy the box and nothing else? 

At his best, I see him as a better footballer than that. Rather than just a finisher. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

At least get in the debate guy, instead of making things up. I thought you don’t like people taking bollocks. . 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

What have I made up? People don't like him because he doesn't smile enough. The armchair psychologists then get forensic on him. Then the bullshit rumours about his off field behaviour start.

It's been a cycle for about 8 months now 😴

Be critical of his performances by all means but the "why he no celebrate" stuff is fucking daft 

Edited by Guy Branston Pickle

17 minutes ago, League one forever said:

His finishing is generally very good.

Are you saying/thinking he’s a Lineker fox in the box type? Do you think he should just occupy the box and nothing else? 

At his best, I see him as a better footballer than that. Rather than just a finisher. 

I don’t think he’s particularly great with his back to goal to be honest. He often holds it up and his lay off / pass lets him down. 

He’s at his best when he’s in the box to finishing off chances created for him. Penalties aside, look at all his goals, it’s the same type of finish. Unless he is 1 v 1, which he is very strong at and I’d back him to score. 

The issue is, people thought we were getting a Paul Mullin type. He’s a very different striker and creates opportunities for himself and will score a worldly. 

We got the opposite. Create chances for Norwood and he will score more often than not. We also need to accept he’s hasn’t had a pre season and that at his age, is a big issue. 

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

Money definitely. Can’t remember on length. 

The line was something like- ‘We like James but he’s had a very good offer from Oldham and it’s one we won’t match’

God knows why I've bothered,  maybe cos I am sat waiting around christies however,  googled and googled again I've seen nothing to suggest it's down to money. 

Most speculation surrounds the length of contract given Norwood's age and his driving ban,  oldham being a lot closer. 

Whatever the reason,  he's here whether he likes it or not. 

29 minutes ago, Ackey said:

Oh I don't know, I think if they try hard enough they can wring at least 15 more goes around of this merry-go-round!  

This isn’t aimed at you.

Some find it boring. 

Others don’t. 

Taking the time to come on a message board to post your frustration on something you find really boring is very odd. Much more strange than talking at length about something you’re interested in.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Is that the same annoyed when someone has a different opinion?.

Much worse. 

At the very least, when you get annoyed because you disagree it’s because you care about getting your point across. 

Getting annoyed and posting about a subject that you’re past caring about and bores you, is just bizarre. 

But hey ho. 

48 minutes ago, Lags said:

God knows why I've bothered,  maybe cos I am sat waiting around christies however,  googled and googled again I've seen nothing to suggest it's down to money. 

Most speculation surrounds the length of contract given Norwood's age and his driving ban,  oldham being a lot closer. 

Whatever the reason,  he's here whether he likes it or not. 

https://www.barnsleychronicle.com/article/25999/barnsley-fc-board-on-various-issues

12 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Much worse. 

At the very least, when you get annoyed because you disagree it’s because you care about getting your point across. 

Getting annoyed and posting about a subject that you’re past caring about and bores you, is just bizarre. 

But hey ho. 

Because every single match thread gets stunk up by this bullshit that certain posters have imagined in their own heads. We're on an 8 game unbeaten run and I still have to wade through pages of this bollocks, analysing shit that isnt there. I'm aware I'm now exacerbating it but come on. Just stop.

22 minutes ago, League one forever said:

This isn’t aimed at you.

Some find it boring. 

Others don’t. 

Taking the time to come on a message board to post your frustration on something you find really boring is very odd. Much more strange than talking at length about something you’re interested in.

For what it’s worth, I enjoy the debate. 

Not sure why other posters are taking such issue. I’ve had to read pages of puns I don’t give a fuck about before now, on multiple occasions. - I’ve never said a word. 

At least we are debating football, our team and biggest profile player. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Because every single match thread gets stunk up by this bullshit that certain posters have imagined in their own heads. We're on an 8 game unbeaten run and I still have to wade through pages of this bollocks, analysing shit that isnt there. I'm aware I'm now exacerbating it but come on. Just stop.

Dear me. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

I was asked a question.

I answered it. 

2 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

For what it’s worth, I enjoy the debate. 

Not sure why other posters are taking such issue. I’ve had to read pages of puns I don’t give a fuck about before now, on multiple occasions. - I’ve never said a word. 

At least we are debating football, our team and biggest profile player. 

100% mate. 

Thought you made a really good point earlier about playing with his back to goal. I also take your point about Mullin comparison. 👍🏻

• Like 1

It wouldn't do for us all to be the same

I much prefer folk to say it how it really is than have good honest debate shut down.

Criticism comes in very different forms, some player's have received dogs abuse on here, I don't think that's been the case with the main man, who for some reason seems beyond it in some folks eyes.

We will continue to monitor his progress and hope we can keep this wonderful winning run going.