MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 28/09/24

2 hours ago, League one forever said:

This isn’t aimed at you.

Some find it boring. 

Others don’t. 

Taking the time to come on a message board to post your frustration on something you find really boring is very odd. Much more strange than talking at length about something you’re interested in.

I think varied and differing opinion is vital, I think repeatedly saying the same thing over-and-over in the hope of "winning" is a bit daft. To each their own, though.

(and similarly, not aimed at you just in general) 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

People should get off his back and try and support and encourage him to be at his best. 

Get off the lads back, who cares what he is paid or if he looks happy, I certainly don’t. He will be happy when he’s scoring consistently in a team at the top end. 

We have been crying out for a goal scorer for as long as I can remember. Yet when we sign one, a certain section of the fan base has done nothing but get on the lads back. The same fans will be demanding a goal scorer when he leaves. 

Frustrating, at best. Moronic really. 

?  I can only attend home games and have never heard one word of criticism against Norwood from the fans. I'm not the type to ever criticise a player during a game but surely online debate is bound to take place when your "goalscorer" isn't scoring goals?

P.S. Hasn't JN himself openly criticised other players? 

P.P.S. We are crying out for a goal scorer; if we had a prolific one, we would be topping the league comfortably now and wouldn't have fallen off a cliff back end of last season.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

?  I can only attend home games and have never heard one word of criticism against Norwood from the fans. I'm not the type to ever criticise a player during a game but surely online debate is bound to take place when your "goalscorer" isn't scoring goals?

P.S. Hasn't JN himself openly criticised other players? 

P.P.S. We are crying out for a goal scorer; if we had a prolific one, we would be topping the league comfortably now and wouldn't have fallen off a cliff back end of last season.

You must be deaf. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Who'd have thought it. 

'Josh Lundstram completed four of five dribbles on the day – more than any other central midfielder on Saturday' .

He drove us forward well on Saturday, I prefer the braver Josh Lundstrum and he offered much more than Conlon and Khan in that respect who much prefer a sideways or backwards pass. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

He drove us forward well on Saturday, I prefer the braver Josh Lundstrum and he offered much more than Conlon and Khan in that respect who much prefer a sideways or backwards pass. 

Lundstram needs to be told to drive with the ball at every opportunity, that is by far his best trait. 

Having said that, he needs to improve considerably his decision making when he does drive with the ball. He always seems in two minds whether to pass or shoot and he ends up doing neither, taking the wrong option or executing it poorly. 

If he improves that final bit, he will be a very good player for us with time. 

• Like 3