MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 28/09/24

Dreadful. Let's get it right, we were slightly fortunate to come out with all three points against FGR and should have Yeovil to the sword.

Goals are a real issue. Goals win you titles and we can't score them. Every chance they could nick this as well. 

Big HT team talk is needed because they've just had the best chance to score. If we drop points here then I really don't see how we can seriously consider ourselves automatic promotion contenders.

Pleased with the effort, wingback doing well bat final cross but nothing at all through the middle. Midfield interplay or anything from the 3 in middle to create lacking massively. Got to win this, they are so poor 

All the ball, all the territory. We just need to calm it down because we're trying to a score a goal with as few touches as possible and it's causing us to rush it. We look like a top-7 side against a side down the other end of the league, though.

A couple of tweaks and we'll be back up the road with three points.

We aren't creating enough good chances, but we are dominating all other areas and look far superior to them.

Will be interesting to see how Ebbsfleet play it in the 2nd half, I hope the try to go toe-to-toe with us because I could definitely see us wearing them down in the 2nd half.  If they sit in they might get their 0-0.

Don't know where Khan's supposed to be playing, but its a role that he doesn't look suited to. 

I can see Dolan coming on for some creativity. 

Garner probably subbed after 60. 

Edited by BP1960

3 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

Dreadful. Let's get it right, we were slightly fortunate to come out with all three points against FGR and should have Yeovil to the sword.

Goals are a real issue. Goals win you titles and we can't score them. Every chance they could nick this as well. 

Big HT team talk is needed because they've just had the best chance to score. If we drop points here then I really don't see how we can seriously consider ourselves automatic promotion contenders.

But you never have, and nor should you, because we are doomed for the rest of this season and the next 21 years.

• Like 4

They are sitting in and happy for us to have the ball.  We havent really troubled them at all. Think we have been poor all be it within complete control of the game- as Ebbsfleet have offered absolutely nothing.

After the euphoria of this afternoon at the MCG, as well as we are playing, it's a bit drab in the final third.

Having said that, Credit to their defence. It is excellent.

They are tracking back well and not allowing clear cut chances.

We need a couple of one twos on the edge of the box to open them up