MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 28/09/24

Good lord that was hard work.  Another 3 points in the bag.

Ebbsfleet were absolutely awful, such a poor side.  Feared the worst when the pen went in but fair play to the boys, went again and got the winner, nice cameo from Jez.

I honestly don't think that was a good performance, at least it was a winning one.  Against a side of Ebbsfleets quality I would have liked to have seen better, as again, they were absolutely rubbish.  

Take the 3 points and on we go.  

9 minutes ago, Careca9 said:

What is kitching doing. Typical of the people/players in this league and at this level. No need. Mistake. Can’t do 90 without one person fucking up. Hence teams that go up score 3/4 per game 

This is not the case historically, and I think perceptions of what it takes to get out of this league has been blurred by the two previous seasons, when Wrexham, Notts County and Chesterfield scored 30-40 more than what has usually been the case. That does not mean that we are scoring enough, though, hence why Mellon is hunting for attacking players and is a useful insight into his private thinking.

Anyway, I love this group of players because they're kicking and screaming their way up the league, despite frustrating decision-making at times. We haven't had a group like this for years, and I couldn't care less how we win given a) our last 20 years and b) the league we are in. We are where we are on merit because we manage games of football in every section of the pitch, not just the attacking third.

We can improve but I'm not left with a sense that we're suddenly going to fall away precisely because of our scrap and commitment. That, for my money, is the classic sign of a National League title contender.

Proper chuffed with that late winner.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, GKing521 said:

This is a disgrace. 

And to those dishing out dogs abuse to me earlier... 

Even if we had ended up losing 3-1 it would've been completely deserved.

Spamming the board with constant negative drivel is the problem, not whether you're right or not.

• Like 3

Wins a win but I've got to say that was fucking dreadful to watch particularly last half hour.

Thought Hobson, Caprice and Monthe were all very good. Kitching also till his brain fart.

Hudson nothing to do other than pick another one out of his net.

Ogle, Lundstrum were steady.

Conlon and Khan toothless against a pub team, Garner and Fondop is a combination if you want to play hoofball and not football. Dolan must have done something to upset Mellon because that was a game for him and Gardner to come in and put their foot on the ball.

Thought Uchegbulam did well when he came on but other than that we dominated possession but could do absolutely fuck all with it. Whoever voted Khan MOM must have been on spice.

4 wins in 4 will do though with another winnable fixture next Saturday.

Norwood should have had two.

Firstly, Lundstrams brain fade playing a ball in a mirrored universe and Jes showing Otis what he should have done for his winner.

Despite his dodgy ball, Lundstram was our best in midfield, but Monthe was MOM by light years. Nothing got past him. Absolutely nothing.

Chicken dinner!!

Great day.

That’s a game we would’ve drawn last season. 😎

Completely dominated but missing a bit guile in the final third. Felt for Norwood in the second half both Lundy and Khan should’ve put him in.

But, most importantly we’ve found a way to win. Again. Our work-rate is excellent. 

Only downside- I went to the loo and missed our winner. 😫

Was it a good goal? 

Early signs are that the top six are going to get a lot more points this year than the top 6 last year, chesterfield excepted.

we are on 1.91 points a game in 6th place. Over the season last yr that would have have secured 2nd place with 6th place averaging 1.63.  

Suggests there is a significant divide opening up between the best sides and the rest. 

6th place being 8 points clear of 12th is a big big gap for 12 games in 

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Wins a win but I've got to say that was fucking dreadful to watch particularly last half hour.

There is a good way to win ugly, and we’re very good at it. We may lack a bit of quality at times. But our intensity, pressing, defensive shape is all excellent. 

I can accept a lack of quality if they’re working their bollocks off, and they are. 

• Like 4

That's our team, a team that finds a way to now regularly win/not lose a game, it's not spectacular but let's celebrate it as we haven't had a team like this for a while and it will only get better.

So please let's not overly nit-pick over all the negative bits just enjoy that winning feeling AGAIN on a Saturday night :)

• Like 3