MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 28/09/24

7 minutes ago, League one forever said:

There is a good way to win ugly, and we’re very good at it. We may lack a bit of quality at times. But our intensity, pressing, defensive shape is all excellent. 

I can accept a lack of quality if they’re working their bollocks off, and they are. 

Of course they are working their bollocks off but let's not pretend it wasn't poor when we're analysing that, we were toothless, all huff and no puff for large parts and got away with one when we should have put them away in the first half.

We're desperate for a playmaker someone who can produce a killer pass Conlon and Khan just sit in and play the nothing ball time after time, they are so passive and unprepared to risk and be brave, our only real threat was Kitch and Caprice and they sussed that out as the game went on. It was poor against a team with 5 points and about a -15 goal difference.

Of course we'll take the win but we set up poorly and lacked any quality at all up top.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, OneSizeFitz said:

4 wins on the bounce. Disgraceful stuff. 

. . . and unbeaten in 8 games.

As for @GKing521 I used the 'Ignore' option as I got sick and tired of reading continuous crap from the perennial pessimist. However, if someone else quotes him I can then see his posts!!  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Of course they are working their bollocks off but let's not pretend it wasn't poor when we're analysing that, we were toothless, all huff and no puff for large parts and got away with one when we should have put them away in the first half.

We're desperate for a playmaker someone who can produce a killer pass Conlon and Khan just sit in and play the nothing ball time after time, they are so passive and unprepared to risk and be brave, our only real threat was Kitch and Caprice and they sussed that out as the game went on. It was poor against a team with 5 points and about a -15 goal difference.

Of course we'll take the win but we set up poorly and lacked any quality at all up top.

Think we all know  - Mellon included  - that we have to improve in forward areas but this ability to grind out  results is not to be sniffed at. 

Chesterfield and Wrexham weren't shit hot every week  but they knew how to win. 

The play-off teams, like Halifax last season, were not eye- catching but somehow accumulated points.

We need to keep doing it and hope that the creative/clinical edge develops- either from within or through recruitment, which  I don't think is finished 

• Like 3

I can't give any views on the game as I didn't watch it as I listened to a slightly depressed man on Radio Kent who I presume had to do the commentary as part of his community service. He offered no real insight into the game. It took me till the second half to realise Ebbsfleet had a player called Fonguck playing for them. I thought he was pronouncing Fondop's name wrong.

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I’ve already said we lacked guile in the final third. It was hit and hope at times. But there was a lot of qualities that I like about us, and I’ve watched far worse than that.

Room for improvement- yes. But I  don’t think it’s anywhere near as bad as you’re making out. 

Each to their own I guess. 

34 minutes ago, League one forever said:

But, most importantly we’ve found a way to win. Again. Our work-rate is excellent. 

Only downside- I went to the loo and missed our winner. 😫

Was it a good goal? 

Goal of the season, mate. Honest!

:wink:

Edited by LaticMark
  • Like 1

Used to think Alex Ferguson had sold his soul to the devil because of all the wins he achieved in Fergie time .Now I wonder the same about Mellon, him having achieved so many promotions and us winning today. Its probably just luck but long may it continue. Chesterfield last year won loads of games having been pegged back by the oppo.Its the sign of a good team.

I still think we’ll get better offensively.

But for now, just sit back, appreciate the fact we’ve lost one all season, won four in a row, should have at least 6 more points, and yet we haven’t really got going.

Patience is not a word to associate with Latics fans and understandably so, but I think it’s necessary now.

Something is brewing…

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I still think we’ll get better offensively.

But for now, just sit back, appreciate the fact we’ve lost one all season, won four in a row, should have at least 6 more points, and yet we haven’t really got going.

Patience is not a word to associate with Latics fans and understandably so, but I think it’s necessary now.

Something is brewing…

Agreed. 

Even just the fact we got the winner after the sucker punch of the penalty.