MATCH: Ebbsfleet (A) 28/09/24

We need to mix up the Ogle long throw, maybe go short or try something different occasionally as teams now just put everyone in the box, we need to pull teams about more.

Going back to yesterday's game we showed some lovely stuff down the flanks but that killer ball in the middle is sadly lacking, to say we dominated the game completely we sort of end up just putting thr ball in the mixer the majority of the time and hope for the best, we really need that midfield maestro in there to pull the strings.

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, and also the one Khan had- were he cut inside and had a shot from a tight angle. Norwood was unmarked in the middle. 

It might just be a coincidence, but I do wonder why his teammates didn’t pick him out. 

I must admit yesterday I thought the same, it was almost as if they were avoiding that pass, they should be looking to slot him in at every opportunity. 

Football is a team game of eleven and not every player is going to be brilliant otherwise you would win 10 plus nil.

As long as the players help towards the end result of winning the game I don't see why people have to single them out to describe them as "poor" and "rubbish" but dwell on that they kept plugging away to help us win the game.

If Khan wasn't playing well, which happens with all players, then all he can do is put the effort in, so to pop up with the winner far exceeds expectations if nothing else is going right.

Praise him for that and start acting like supporters.

• Like 10

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I must admit yesterday I thought the same, it was almost as if they were avoiding that pass, they should be looking to slot him in at every opportunity. 

Yeah, I can understand the Khan one a bit. It was a lovely run, he beat two men and eyes probably lit up. (Even though the better option was picking Nors out) 

The Lundstram one was bizarre, the pass was so obvious. 

35 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yeah, and also the one Khan had- were he cut inside and had a shot from a tight angle. Norwood was unmarked in the middle. 

It might just be a coincidence, but I do wonder why his teammates didn’t pick him out. 

One thing that's glaringly obvious is Norwood's complete lack of any celebration when somebody else scores !

Strange.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Yes,  the last thing we need is any splits in the squad.  I did notice Fondop kissed Norwood on the bonce after the beautiful knock down and goal against FGR.

Lets hope it is just how the ball bounces.

I know that Norwood has only scored two this season but he takes up some good positions when we are on the attack and if his teammates were more in tune with his play, he would be scoring more I believe. He is still our most potent option up front.

Also in the first half yesterday Garner was going for a header when Fondop came through the back of him going for the same ball...

Hopefully this understanding will come...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

One thing that's glaringly obvious is Norwood's complete lack of any celebration when somebody else scores !

Strange.

Yep, and it’s not the first time Bob.  He was also first off the pitch at the final whistle. 

A lot will say - who cares if he scores goals. Which is true. 

But if his personality means he’s seen as a Billy big bollocks by the other players then he won’t score the amount he should, because they won’t pass to him when they should.  

Did Lundstram and Khan just not see him 10-15 yards away . . . . 

Norwood is starting to remind me of Ronaldo at United second time around. 

Best player. 

Beginning to start on the bench. (He was more than fit enough to start yesterday) 

Doesn’t give the impression he wants to be here. 

Players ‘missing’ his runs. 

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

It’s not moaning. 

It’s observing and discussing on a football forum. 

Big difference. 

And a little bit of guesswork and jumping to conclusions!..

If Norwood is an issue to squad harmony then that’s where Mellon’s experience and authority will come in to make sure any promotion charge isn’t scuppered by it. 

10 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Yep, and it’s not the first time Bob.  He was also first off the pitch at the final whistle. 

But if his personality means he’s seen as a Billy big bollocks by the other players then he won’t score the amount he should, because they won’t pass to him when they should.  

Best player. 

Beginning to start on the bench. (He was more than fit enough to start yesterday) 

We have a manager who won’t stand any shit. He’s the boss and no player, including Norwood, will get away with less than 100 per cent committment. 

4 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

And a little bit of guesswork and jumping to conclusions!..

Is it? 

Our best player started on the bench. 

He doesn’t celebrate his teammates scoring. (Not just talking about yesterday) 

His team mates are missing glaring passes to him. 

None of that is guesswork. 

I don’t expect an angel, or clapping and whooping. But for the sake of the team I would like someone who doesn’t conduct himself like he’s completely disinterested. 

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

If Norwood is an issue to squad harmony then that’s where Mellon’s experience and authority will come in to make sure any promotion charge isn’t scuppered by it. 

Agreed. Mellon won’t have it. We need Norwood, but not all costs. 

19 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Bit unfair to pick just him out for that. Seen the video of Khan's goal on Twitter and there's only Gardner and then Ogle who go over to celebrate...

Maybe I'm just focussing on him but I can't remember him celebrating much previously either.

When Khan scored he ran away from the rest of  the players to our fans and Gardner and Ogle were nearest, and it was pretty near full time so perhaps the others were knackered !

I'm not expecting him to act like a Butlin's Redcoat, just try not to look dejected when someone else scores.

3 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

Maybe I'm just focussing on him but I can't remember him celebrating much previously either.

When Khan scored he ran away from the rest of  the players to our fans and Gardner and Ogle were nearest, and it was pretty near full time so perhaps the others were knackered !

I'm not expecting him to act like a Butlin's Redcoat, just try not to look dejected when someone else scores.

Fold the club

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Is it? 

Our best player started on the bench. 

He doesn’t celebrate his teammates scoring. (Not just talking about yesterday) 

His team mates are missing glaring passes to him. 

None of that is guesswork. 

I don’t expect an angel, or clapping and whooping. But for the sake of the team I would like someone who doesn’t conduct himself like he’s completely disinterested. 

Agreed. Mellon won’t have it. We need Norwood, but not all costs. 

The guesswork is what that stuff means - ie the suggestion that his teammates are deliberately not passing to him. It’s not like they’re making incisive passes to other players is it? We have a slight final ball issue in general. 

Him being on the bench could have been either part of his recovery from injury or that Mellon fancied Garner and Fondop against that defence? That’s more likely to be the reason than Norwood’s attitude. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

There’s a negative undertone. Let’s put it that way. 

filling the void 

That’s fair.

I’m just debating how we can improve, bit boring if everything is amazing and we can’t improve in any area. . 

We are miles better overall, and I’m really enjoying watching us this season. 

We just lack goals at times, or a cutting edge or being clinical. Our best chance of doing that- is starting on the bench and players aren’t ‘seeing’ his runs. 

31 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Best player. 

He's getting more like Nuttall, and we all saw where that ended up. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

The guesswork is what that stuff means - ie the suggestion that his teammates are deliberately not passing to him. It’s not like they’re making incisive passes to other players is it? We have a slight final ball issue in general. 

Him being on the bench could have been either part of his recovery from injury or that Mellon fancied Garner and Fondop against that defence? That’s more likely to be the reason than Norwood’s attitude. 

Do you think your best player not celebrating with his team mates is good for team morale? 

Do you think in any team, that If someone isolates themselves- they endear themselves? 

Mellon said several games ago at Alty that Norwood didn’t want to come off. He’s fit. 

He didn’t fancy Garner & Mikey last season, he played them because

Nors was injured. He got fit, and he came straight back in. 

In my view - he’s a conundrum. Logic says he must play. But for a number of reasons it’s not going for him. 

Would you play him no matter what?