FA Cup first round proper

1 hour ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Having reflected on it, any lower half L2 side downwards at home will represent a great opportunity to progress, which is what we should be looking to do. Fancy us against anyone in our division tbqhwy.

I can't understand the logic of wanting a Birmingham, Wigan or Stockport away. High likelihood us on going out at somewhere like that. We need to be aiming for a third round spot to get a good payday and TV money.

Good point, would be great to get beyond R1. We've been drawn away both years (in Wales) since relegation, hopefully the draw will be kinder this year.  

It's a great draw.

Big following. Winnable. Renewing an old rivalry. New stories with Micky, Manny and Nors.

It's the kind of tie that should give players and club the reminder that these are the kind of games we should be playing, not in leisure centres or in front of 90 away fans tucked away in the paddock on a Saturday afternoon.

If we win it I think it'll be a real platform for us.

• Like 18

It'll be a good day out and financially we'll probably make more from the gate money than most of the other draws would have got us.

If we win - which isn't beyond the realms - it'll be great but unless the club's future depends on it I'm really not arsed about a cup run.  Limit the games, restrict injuries, get promotion...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

It's a great draw.

Big following. Winnable. Renewing an old rivalry. New stories with Micky, Manny and Nors.

It's the kind of tie that should give players and club the reminder that these are the kind of games we should be playing, not in leisure centres or in front of 90 away fans tucked away in the paddock on a Saturday afternoon.

If we win it I think it'll be a real platform for us.

Exactly, then we have Barnet away the week after, it'd be great to go into that off the back of beating Tranmere