FA Cup first round proper

12 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I suppose if there is a televised match it will be Bristol Rovers v Weston super mare. 

Other way around and it definitely would be, but there are other games ahead of it I reckon:

Tamworth Vs Huddersfield

Sutton Vs Birmingham

MK Vs Wimbledon

Even Harrogate Vs Wrexham if they go with the FC Hollywood narrative.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, disjointed said:

I suppose if there is a televised match it will be Bristol Rovers v Weston super mare. 

There’s normally 2-3 over the weekend. A chance we will be one of them but in reality i don’t think we are small enough (or tranmere big enough) to attract the cameras 

great draw. Very pleased with that 

8 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

As if Mellon isn't gifting them the win under the guise of concentrating on the league, one of the worst draws we could have got...

As long as Mellon gets us up, I couldn't give a shiny shit!

• Like 1

I think it’s a great draw. A chance to test ourselves against the lower end of league 2, a bit of spice with Mellon and some of the players and also rekindling the rivalry from a few years ago. 

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Or MK Dons vs. AFC Wimbledon, or Notts County vs. Alfreton Town.

In fact, some interesting fixtures, including ours.... though my heart did sink when at our draw (as in I just find the whole Tranmere thing tedious). If nothing else, I guess the atmosphere will be spicy, and gate receipts should be good. Like most, whilst a nice cup run would be good, I'd be happy to wait until we're an EFL club again for that.

1 hour ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Other way around and it definitely would be, but there are other games ahead of it I reckon:

Tamworth Vs Huddersfield

Sutton Vs Birmingham

MK Vs Wimbledon

Curzon Ashton v Mansfield a possibility? 

2 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Tamworth Vs Huddersfield

Sutton Vs Birmingham

MK Vs Wimbledon

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Curzon Ashton v Mansfield a possibility? 

Tons of TV nectar in that draw. Lots of absolute all-leave-cancelled for the police as well too. Carlisle v Wigan, Bristol Rovers v Weston Super Mare and our tie won't be a quiet day at the library as far as the Merseyside five-o goes.

Lovely stuff.

Never did get the Tranmere thing. Never considered them rivals and disliked them immensely ever since a Stockport County supporting work colleague got glassed in the face by one of their "fans". Shithole of a place, scum fans and shit draw.

2 hours ago, deyres42 said:

As if Mellon isn't gifting them the win under the guise of concentrating on the league, one of the worst draws we could have got...

Such a soft opinion, you haven't gone anywhere near far enough.  We should sack Mellon before the game so we don't even give him the opportunity to do this.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Such a soft opinion, you haven't gone anywhere near far enough.  We should sack Mellon before the game so we don't even give him the opportunity to do this.

The way things are going it wouldn't be the biggest surprise if he were back in their dugout before too long...

5 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Anyone else when Tranmere come out shout 51 or was that just me 🤣

You just knew it had to be and I wonder how Mellon will be received there in the away dugout as the Oldham gaffer?

Be nice to win there

I’m excited for the Tranmere tie. We went there last already relegated and at our lowest with no real future. 

looking at Tranmeres form they’ve only scored 5 goals and not won in a while. Their fans want the owner out. This is a very winnable tie. 

also added factor growing up Tranmere and Huddersfield were rivals, always loved going Tranmere and winning there. 

12 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Do any other ‘tics on here live on the Wirral or is it just me? 

I lived in Heswall until recently and before that in Upton, I still work in Birko !

31 minutes ago, Worcester Owl said:

Come on, Bob, you've been posting on here for a good while. Don't you know he radiates optimism at every possible opportunity?

No no it's not that hes a pessimist he just disagrees with people for the sake of it. I'm sure their is a phycological disorder for someone like this. it feels like a cry for help on some level.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I’m excited for the Tranmere tie. We went there last already relegated and at our lowest with no real future. 

looking at Tranmeres form they’ve only scored 5 goals and not won in a while. Their fans want the owner out. This is a very winnable tie. 

also added factor growing up Tranmere and Huddersfield were rivals, always loved going Tranmere and winning there. 

Can't say I know any of the background but if an owner who is local and hugely experienced in football can't make a go of it one wonders who can.

2 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

I know Palios is detested by an ex-Latics player !!

11 hours ago, spanishfly said:

Never did get the Tranmere thing. Never considered them rivals and disliked them immensely ever since a Stockport County supporting work colleague got glassed in the face by one of their "fans". Shithole of a place, scum fans and shit draw.

You cant blame a club for years because of a few idiotic fans, every club has them including ours, and as for location are we much better?

• Like 1

15 hours ago, spanishfly said:

you've literally just explained that you do, indeed, get the tranmere thing!!

• Like 2