FA Cup first round proper

2 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Can’t you let me have one now and again. . 😂

'We do things proper here':

He left the club in January 2016 to join Oldham for a fourth spell. His departure nearly led to a complaint by Newport County, who were unhappy at images which emerged on social media of Sheridan allegedly meeting with Oldham staff prior to Newport being approached.[43] Club director Gavin Foxall wished Sheridan "all the best" but noted that "the manner of his departure has not been right". Oldham officially maintained that they had contacted Newport prior to the meeting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

'We do things proper here':

He left the club in January 2016 to join Oldham for a fourth spell. His departure nearly led to a complaint by Newport County, who were unhappy at images which emerged on social media of Sheridan allegedly meeting with Oldham staff prior to Newport being approached.[43] Club director Gavin Foxall wished Sheridan "all the best" but noted that "the manner of his departure has not been right". Oldham officially maintained that they had contacted Newport prior to the meeting.

Kick a man when he’s down Dave. . . 🤦🏻‍♂️😂

3 hours ago, Scapegoat said:

True but that initial period in the 1990s scarred me I think.   We were the successful team, been in the second tier for a while, then our successful period etc and that initial run of cup and league defeats was pretty jarring.

I think it was the 95-96 season where they beat us 4 times in 1 season. Tbf it was the era of John Aldridge which was pretty much there golden era and  they had a very good side which got very close to going into the prem at a time when we began our decline.

If we are looking for a club who see us as a rivals as much, as we see them, then after Rochdale I'd say they are our biggest rivals. I can't look at clubs like United City or even Leeds Blackburn Bolton or Burnley as rivals we don't really register for them at all. It doesn't mean I don't want to beat those teams if we played them I'd love it if we did and indeed have. But we don't matter to them, Tranmere on the otherhand we've got quite abit 9f history with it's a club we've played fairly regularly. So the fixture has more history to it than either Rochdsle or Bury. 

Some notable wins

Remember Clint Hill scoring on his Latics debut at the Xgaddy Ebd against them. Think we won the return fixture too.

Ronnie Moores return in Feb 2007 when Porter got a late winner that sent us top of L1.

Ruben Hazell bagging a winner at Prenton Park in Sept 2008 again I think we went top of L1 with that one.

The fact that Mellon Norwood and Monthe are all returning adds something to it. The reality is we don't have many rivals this is one club we do have a rivalry with, we should embrace it.

Edited by GlossopLatic
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Some notable wins

Remember Clint Hill scoring on his Latics debut at the Xgaddy Ebd against them. Think we won the return fixture too.

Ronnie Moores return in Feb 2007 when Porter got a late winner that sent us top of L1.

Ruben Hazell bagging a winner at Prenton Park in Sept 2008 again I think we went top of L1 with that one.

Add to that:

Craig Davis scoring in the last minute away there around 2009

Pawel Abbott winner there in Penney's season. Crap match though, but a much needed win.

18 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

I usually call in at The Shrewsbury Arms, Oxton. Plenty of footie supporters in there but no idiots.

It is easier to park and a 15 min walk to the ground

I've family who live in Oxton, all tranmere fans. Great draw.

2 hours ago, diggleblue said:

Wonder if Ian and Ronnie Moore will go? Some of our chants against them were nasty. To Ian....your father's a bast... your mother's a whore. Terrible!. We should be ashamed  

These sort of chants still go on... at Aldershot away, Frank's standing with the fans, and some drunken numpty just in front of him spent all game taunting the opposition with comments about their mothers etc.

And as for the 'p*ss in your sink' chant... why?

I know it happens, it's always happened but it is embarrassing nonetheless. 

3 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

Good times these were.  Played some good stuff and when we scored the place was bouncing!  Thought it was Chris Hall that got the winner, remember him jumping with the keeper and couldn't believe that it wasn't disallowed!  Then Kevin Ellison had a massive smile on his face when Wellens got sent off!  Looking round on the wind up, strange though as they were one down with injury time on the clock!

Loved that season, shame it fizzled out like it did.  

42 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Good times these were.  Played some good stuff and when we scored the place was bouncing!  Thought it was Chris Hall that got the winner, remember him jumping with the keeper and couldn't believe that it wasn't disallowed!  Then Kevin Ellison had a massive smile on his face when Wellens got sent off!  Looking round on the wind up, strange though as they were one down with injury time on the clock!

Loved that season, shame it fizzled out like it did.  

Hoof! Remember that.

That was fun.

It was a scrappy goal I think Porter just tried to hook it back in and it went in over the keeper there was that couple of seconds where you wondered if it had gone in and had the referee allowed it and when it did the place was bouncing. There was a genuine belief around the stadium that we were going to go up. Unfortunately that was as good as it got.

We peaked too soon that season where Blackpool really came strong at the right time. For that reason I'm hoping we do something similar this season, I'm hoping we really come strong in the final few months of the season. Looking at some of Mellons promotions he's come good late in the season, that's what he did at Tranmere hopefully he will do that with us.

Thanks. Wasn't sure if it may be Friday night given Tranmere have a history of playing then and Liverpool being at home impacting on Police.

It's showing on their website as 2 November though similarly no specific confirmation except for the weekend of the tie.

2 hours ago, jsslatic said:

Thanks. Wasn't sure if it may be Friday night given Tranmere have a history of playing then and Liverpool being at home impacting on Police.

It's showing on their website as 2 November though similarly no specific confirmation except for the weekend of the tie.

Tranmere posted a short video of their manager talking about the draw and he mentions preferring a Friday night. So sounds like they want the Friday night as their 1st choice. 

1 hour ago, daniel said:

Tranmere posted a short video of their manager talking about the draw and he mentions preferring a Friday night. So sounds like they want the Friday night as their 1st choice. 

Just flicked through his interview from today and when asked about the game he refers to it hopefully being a good evening's entertainment.

It would be helpful for it to be sorted/announced sooner rather than later.

13 hours ago, daniel said:

That would be shit on a Friday night, 3pm Saturday will suit us.

12 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Sat 2nd Nov 24 confirmed

Reduced prices not saying on the allocation yet. Can see them offering a reduced allocation.

Why? That end holds about 2500, i suspect we'll get the whole lot, they probably need the money.

Add to that by the competition rules they should be giving us 15% of the seats based on capacity which is around 16,800, that equates to 2,500.

Edited by yarddog73

9 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Why? That end holds about 2500, i suspect we'll get the whole lot, they probably need the money.

Add to that by the competition rules they should be giving us 15% of the seats based on capacity which is around 16,800, that equates to 2,500.

I just wonder if they might try and stop us having that first few rows of the cow shed as it will be a big advantage when we attack that end. I wonder if they will try and give us a section of the main stand aswell as the back of the cow shed to try and get round the 15% rule.

Edited by GlossopLatic