MATCH: Stoke U23s (H) 01/10/24 - 7pm Kick Off

So the big one kicks off tonight. 

Micky details here how he looks to use the cup - https://www.theoldhamtimes.co.uk/sport/24621967.new-national-league-cup-key-oldham-athletic-duo/

Be good to see Charsley and Kay get a few competitive minutes under their belt before the weekend. 

Important game in terms of the competition also, in terms of a group of 8 and their being just four games with only the top two going through, it feels like you're going to have to win three to progress. Even that might not be enough. 

Interesting to see what team he goes with, on one hand it'd shock me to see Norwood play, but then again he did only come off the bench at weekend and the minutes could do him well.

Will be good for our younger lads, Doro, Kofi & Will to get some competitive action as well, can't be doing them good not playing at all.

For those that are interested @BradKnowles1 advised on another thread it's free to watch on NLTV

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Do people have other hobbies? I mean I've got work stuff to do tonight but even if I didnt I could probably think of atleast 10 other things to do besides go to this.

I've nearly finished Succession and am looking for another box set/series to watch any suggestions?

Slow Horses?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Do people have other hobbies? I mean I've got work stuff to do tonight but even if I didnt I could probably think of atleast 10 other things to do besides go to this.

I've nearly finished Succession and am looking for another box set/series to watch any suggestions?

Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul, The Sopranos. All in the pantheon of great TV series, all better by far than Succession.

• Like 1

Great half.

Only one team in it. 

Reid scoring a fantastic Alex Reid esque goal. 

Charsley looking as good as he did before the injury.

Could do with a few more goals for the goal difference but overall a good professional half.

Not sure why there are so many negative comments about this, it gives certain players game time, helps get others match fit coming back from injury and gives a competitive match to those not involved. For those saying players could get injured, they could just as easily get injured in training.

Some families might have gone tonight who cannot afford to pay £25 for a league game with two kids etc ..

No issue with those that aren't interested but others are for certain reasons. 

Just now, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

Great half.

Only one team in it. 

Reid scoring a fantastic Alex Reid esque goal. 

Charsley looking as good as he did before the injury.

Could do with a few more goals for the goal difference but overall a good professional half.

Not sure why there are so many negative comments about this, it gives certain players game time, helps get others match fit coming back from injury and gives a competitive match to those not involved. For those saying players could get injured, they could just as easily get injured in training.

Some families might have gone tonight who cannot afford to pay £25 for a league game with two kids etc .

No issue with those that aren't interested but others are for certain reasons. 

Cheers Darren.