MATCH: Stoke U23s (H) 01/10/24 - 7pm Kick Off

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

Do people have other hobbies? I mean I've got work stuff to do tonight but even if I didnt I could probably think of atleast 10 other things to do besides go to this.

I've nearly finished Succession and am looking for another box set/series to watch any suggestions?

editing model pics from the weekend far more entertaining 

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I think my 400 is about right.

Poor game of football not helped by the poor commentary.

Reid looks sharp, other than that it's a waste of everyone's time and it must affect training tomorrow.

Don't think they train on Wednesdays, thankfully 

4 minutes ago, GrahamHughes said:

Couldn’t be mithered going but am watching it for free on national league tv.

Me too.

Playing some tidy football but not creating much.Raglan is superb and caprice good. We are playing controlled football but up front is poor. Mellon is getting the whole squad to play football with this lot playing like the 1st team.Even Roy says the same. The work ethic is visible throughout the squad. Get the strikers firing and we'll piss the league.Compared with Unsworths team there is no comparison.We really need Norwood firing though.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Hobson out for a few weeks now 👏👏👏

Well done Darren.

You can’t wrap players in cotton wool. They’re here to play football whether it be 1st 11, academy, reserves or whatever it’s what they do!

The majority of this lot haven’t played too much competitive football and 

we’ve been bemoaning the fact that there’s no reserve fixtures so I really don’t see the problem!

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

He should be sat on the sofa at home watching Emmerdale not having a kick about with a load of kids, simple as that. If he hadn't played tonight he wouldn't have got injured.

It’s called getting match fit and being ready to step in to the 1st team when needed. If we had a reserve team these matches would be happening every week!!

• Like 5

On the basis of that performance perhaps we'll have a proper go at the FA Trophy this season. But if Hobson is out for a few weeks and Charsley is suspended for a league game it will have been a bad night all round.

Raglan and Charsley were a class above. Sutton played well at centre half in the second half, Mo Doro showed well going forward. The lad on non-contract terms looked a decent footballer. Stretton looked rusty so a good 90 minutes for him.

I sincerely hope we don't see Moloney in the first team on the basis of that performance. If anything happens to Hudson we'll be looking to being someone in.