MATCH: Stoke U23s (H) 01/10/24 - 7pm Kick Off

On 10/3/2024 at 9:54 AM, yarddog73 said:

Think a few are doing Hobson a disservice here, he's started 9 out of 12 in the League and I can't say I'd put him at fault for any goal conceded, his distribution let's him down occasionally but he's an integral part of that defensive unit, it's okay saying we have Ogle but if he or Raglan go down now we won't have the same quality to cover. I also feel Ogle is our best RWB so that takes something away from how we can set up, it looked to me like he'd gone over on his ankle on Tuesday so it will probably be 2 to 6 weeks depending on the damage.

Absolute quality. Few bad passes here and there get too much attention. Blessed with centre halves and as long as any 3 out the 4 are fit, we're as strong with which ever combination starts. As good as Monthe is, we'd still have 2 or 3 in the middle who'd walk into most teams in this league.

On 10/2/2024 at 8:21 PM, nzlatic said:

Is it being a drama llama? Which is definitely a phrase I'm going to start using by the way!

Just think it's caused us a bit of self inflicted headache that others around us haven't done to themselves. Which seems a bit daft to me, but hey-ho.

At the end of the day, where we were this time last year and this, in terms of flexibility and change, is light years apart.

Square pegs in round holes are minimal and there are more like for like replacements.

We also had similar like for like last season, but the quality is far better this season.

Whilst it is not ideal that Hobson is out, he is not exactly like for like anymore.

Sutton is not like for anything and should not be any where near the first team unless we are back to the walls crowding our D penalty area.

Even then, he would be first line of defence.

Note. I will also be using drama llamas ha ha

Thanks @Monty Burns

If Sutton comes in for Hobson I’d be happy with that, however, If MM brings in a loan signing as cover it will be a good indicator as to where Sutton  stands in this squad.

He’ll be 22 at the end of this month and he needs to be playing regularly. If that’s not here then he needs to move out, on loan at least.