Parking at BP

1 hour ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Few questions on parking at BP. 

How much does it cost to park at the ground? How do you pay? How long does it take to get out the car park after the game? 

I think it's a fiver and apart from a minor bottleneck, you're usually out and onto Broadway within a few minutes.

You can get away with parking on B&Q which is only a short walk across. I bought a bottle of water and some tungstan tipped screws, just to be on the safe side but it's generally fine for Saturday parking.

In front of the Joe Royle stand it’s £6. You can buy a ticket on the website in the same way you purchase a match ticket.

Did mine last week. I think you can pay on the gate, someone else may be able to confirm.

Agree with Frankly about getting away after the game.

47 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

I think it's a fiver and apart from a minor bottleneck, you're usually out and onto Broadway within a few minutes.

You can get away with parking on B&Q which is only a short walk across. I bought a bottle of water and some tungstan tipped screws, just to be on the safe side but it's generally fine for Saturday parking.

And 12 bottles of windscreen washer fluid surely 

• Like 2

There is some parking opposite Clayton Green thats free. There used to be more all the way down to Vauxhall garage but they put yellow lines there now. Have to get there fairly early to get on there though. 
Also some free spaces on the grass verge which leads to the official car park near B&Q, but thats also full early. 
£6 on the official car parks. Cash or card. Or you can book online. 
£3 for 6 hours on the hospital car park, which is full by 14:30 usually. 

Basically you got plenty of options.

11 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Never gonna use them

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Few questions on parking at BP. 

How much does it cost to park at the ground? How do you pay? How long does it take to get out the car park after the game? 

All street car parking around the ground and opposite the hospital is now permit only, and the traffic wardens are like hawks. 

4 hours ago, LightDN123 said:

Please don’t park in hospital. 

B&Q is free, never had an issue ever. Tuesday nights is a gamble but that’s it, due to gates closing. 

Please don’t use hospital car park, unless it’s the designated one agreed with oafc. 

Agree with you partly on that but on a match day, if ample public parking is available (unlike days of the week) I believe that it could be a source of revenue to the NHS

I suppose it would be simple maths if you can park at the hospital for £3 double in the official people may follow the price. Not saying its right but matchdays can be expensive especially for those paying on the day. £25 adult £6  parking £10 for a pie and a drink and a fiver per beer ... with just one beer its close to £50 pp in the national league 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Cheers guys. Might do to the official if I can pay by card on the day? 

B&Q is there a maximum time you can stop there? I do actually need to buy something from B&Q so this could be an option. 

l always park on B&Q never a problem. even if we come up early and leave it there from like 1230 until 1730 its fine.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Roger Ritchie said:

Cheers guys. Might do to the official if I can pay by card on the day? 

B&Q is there a maximum time you can stop there? I do actually need to buy something from B&Q so this could be an option. 

You can also park for 3 hours free in the council's Civic Centre car park at weekends, and then enjoy a brisk 20 minute walk to BP. I do (sometimes).

🚶‍♂️

• Like 1