MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

Solihull seem to be struggling for form lately, coming up short against the perceived better sides in the division

Few good players on thier books.  

That being said I fancy a 2-0, 3-0 on Sat, think Charsley can play even with the red mid-week, which is a bonus.  Manny the mountain of a man to net and hopefully Norwood has a scoring game.

We are very defensively sound, I struggle to see, other than by our own mistakes, other teams scoring against us- especially more than once.

5 hours ago, deckyd said:

Solihull seem to be struggling for form lately, coming up short against the perceived better sides in the division

Few good players on thier books.  

That being said I fancy a 2-0, 3-0 on Sat, think Charsley can play even with the red mid-week, which is a bonus.  Manny the mountain of a man to net and hopefully Norwood has a scoring game.

We are very defensively sound, I struggle to see, other than by our own mistakes, other teams scoring against us- especially more than once.

🤞🙏

Wonder how long it’ll be before the overwhelming majority of us going into a game genuinely expecting a win.

Some of us tend to jokingly state easy win etc, but not sure how many genuinely believe it.

Its been years since I last had that feeling (aside from Fulham which I bizarrely thought we’d win).

22 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Wonder how long it’ll be before the overwhelming majority of us going into a game genuinely expecting a win.

Some of us tend to jokingly state easy win etc, but not sure how many genuinely believe it.

Its been years since I last had that feeling (aside from Fulham which I bizarrely thought we’d win).

I think we've finally got the belief, having turned a corner

Although our latest win turned out to be fortunate 

Darren Drysdale has reffed us loads of times. Some notable Latics matches of the past:

Barnsley (h) in 2004 when we scored two goals in last two mins. Neil Kilkenny and Lee Croft debuts perhaps.

Barnsley again in 2004-05. 0-4 defeat away under Moore and one of the pissboil of legend. 

Forest (a) in 06/07 won 2-0 away midweek which kick started our season and Chris Porter’s brilliant run of form.

sent Philip Morais off in a 1-1 draw at home to Walsall at the end of the season.

2-1 home win vs Oxford on a Tuesday night during the first Shezzurection. Lee Erwin brace.

Three times during the season we went down from L1, all good results strangely. 2-1 (h) v Bury, the 2-2 away at Blackburn and the final victory of the season, 2-1 home to Blackpool.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Why?

We struggled to break down the worst side in the league and were lucky they were that poor not to take advantage when they equalised with 10 minutes to go.

It was more of a relief when Khan scored that we'd got away with it, so yes I felt we were fortunate 

11 hours ago, sjk2008 said:

Although we are competent and organised l, and solid at the back, the fact we are regularly only scoring 1 goal will probably not see me see us at favourites in many games, even against the fodder. 

This isnt a criticism either more a nod towards our style of play 

47 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

We struggled to break down the worst side in the league and were lucky they were that poor not to take advantage when they equalised with 10 minutes to go.

It was more of a relief when Khan scored that we'd got away with it, so yes I felt we were fortunate 

If that's the case then the three wins before were also fortunate. But agree it's a matter of time till only being one goal ahead when we should be out of sight bites us

12 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

be interesting to see if the crowd numbers stop their downward slide

It's a Saturday, we are on a very good run, we've won our last 3 at home, there really should be 6000 there.

Saying that our crowds are still pretty strong and our average gate would have us easily in the top half of League 2 attendances particularly if you take in to account that they average around 600 more away fans a fixture, we're lucky if a team brings 100 sometimes.

Crowds are all about timing, unfortunately Unsworth and then the Mellon ramblings back end of last season have turned a few off, add to that the pricing is wrong as well as supporters not having the ability to stagger payments, still if we start winning regularly they'll look after themselves.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

It's a Saturday, we are on a very good run, we've won our last 3 at home, there really should be 6000 there.

Saying that our crowds are still pretty strong and our average gate would have us easily in the top half of League 2 attendances particularly if you take in to account that they average around 600 more away fans a fixture, we're lucky if a team brings 100 sometimes.

Crowds are all about timing, unfortunately Unsworth and then the Mellon ramblings back end of last season have turned a few off, add to that the pricing is wrong as well as supporters not having the ability to stagger payments, still if we start winning regularly they'll look after themselves.

prices are a total joke

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

If that's the case then the three wins before were also fortunate. But agree it's a matter of time till only being one goal ahead when we should be out of sight bites us

I really didn't see that in the previous 3 wins, yes, we were seriously under the cosh at times against Forest green and you'd fully expect that given their position in the table but our game management to keep them at bay was superb, otherwise it could have been a totally different outcome.

At Ebbsfleet, I felt their wasn't enough dominance from us and even a goal up, you just felt we still had plenty of work to do, alas when they equalised as late as they did, I don't know about you but I was of the feeling we could actually lose this and a point it is.

It was unexpected, given the way we'd been playing up to that point that we'd go down the other end and put the game to bed

Happy beyond words but also very relived at that moment,

fortune favoured us 👍

23 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

prices are a total joke

Just checked Dale & Walsall in Div 2 both are cheaper.

They have different prices too, depending on the stand.

They should do that at Latics…there’s no way you should pay the same price in the RRE as you do in the JR or main stand.

We have a family stand but do we even do family tickets anymore.
2 adults with two or 3 youngsters is bloody expensive when after all you’re only watching non league football.

£25 on the day is a total rip off and doesn’t encourage any ‘decide on the day’ fans to turn up!

If there has to be this type of ticketing structure then £19 early bird & £21 on the day would be more like it!

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

I don't think it was luck really given how on top we were overall and how little they created. And I think we'll see a lot of those sort of games against teams at the bottom who will basically shut up shop for 90 mins and play for a 0-0.

Teams at the bottom don't play for a 0-0 and they most certainly didn't, infact they could have won it and embarrassed us in the process.

It was an open game right until Khan finished off whatever they had left.

We don't want too many repeats of that if were to continue this winning run.

4 minutes ago, oafc1955 said:

Just checked Dale & Walsall in Div 2 both are cheaper.

They have different prices too, depending on the stand.

They should do that at Latics…there’s no way you should pay the same price in the RRE as you do in the JR or main stand.

We have a family stand but do we even do family tickets anymore.
2 adults with two or 3 youngsters is bloody expensive when after all you’re only watching non league football.

£25 on the day is a total rip off and doesn’t encourage any ‘decide on the day’ fans to turn up!

If there has to be this type of ticketing structure then £19 early bird & £21 on the day would be more like it!

The 'on the day' price is way too much for non league and dare I say it a town like Oldham.

Whilst we have to agree this day and age online tickets are easy to obtain and hence the lower priced entrance, are we really making it known?

Can the on the day punter still purchase that days match on the day?, I'd make it available up to say 12 noon.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

They’ll be 7000+ there tomorrow, they’ve given 1500 tickets away to teachers for tomorrow’s game. 
We all know whats coming with a slightly higher than normal crowd.