MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

It was expectation management in my opinion. If he'd come out tub thumping, going on about going all out to win the league, the reaction when we didn't win in 6 would probably have been even more off the scale.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

If anyone can name a more disgusting one then I'm all eyes/ears.

I think it's your choice of words . It was a very downbeat , depressing interview but the reason for that was because he was gutted about how the season ended and probably felt depressed at the time. I applaud his honesty even though it made me feel a bit down as well.

The good thing about football is you can try again , so it's gone now.

There are many things disgusting in this world that was not one of them.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Depends what you like hearing from your manager. Personally I liked the interview and would rather see that than the shite that usually gets uploaded where its clear the interviewer is just a puppet who doesn’t ask difficult questions. 
I can see why some wouldn’t like it, but I liked how refreshingly honest and angry he was (of course their is an element where he can be resonsible etc) and tbh I agreed with most of what he said. 

Edited by daniel
  • Like 9

It was bad. He was clearly seething and pissed off with people who, in the main, have now gone. It probably wasn't advisable but it was definitely honest. 

He's been upleat all this season and has commended the players even when the results aren't there. He seems happy with his lot and there have been no excuses 

I was one of those who thought he probably needed to have a look at himself after that interview but, to be fair, based on what we've seen (defo in terms of team spirit), what he said seems retrospectively merited.

5 hours ago, Only Blue said:

Whoa there !!! That might be a tad over the top, I would pick any post-match Unsworth interview (when he did them) over that but as sweeping statements go yours is one of, if not the, most sweeping one ever :)

Anyway let's not dwell because if you haven't noticed this year we are doing quite well and MM is now happy (I think).

Are you a Mighty Boosh, Howard Moon fan, or just a coincidence!?

5 hours ago, League one forever said:

With the additions to the squad, and the general big improvement in work rate, fitness, character. Is it cocky expecting to win most weeks? 

Are we there yet? 

Part of me thinks - we turn up tmora, we win. 

The other part of me has supported Latics for over 30 years. 

Night. 

6 hours ago, deyres42 said:

It was one of, if not the, most disgraceful and disgusting interviews ever given by an Oldham Athletic manager.

5 hours ago, deyres42 said:

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

It was truly disgusting and he was very lucky his contract wasn't terminated as a result.

You're being extremely sympathetic towards Mellon here and you need to go further with your opinion.

I can't stand this happy-clapping section of our fanbase, they need to start living in the real world...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Pretty much every single one that we've ever had from managers who talk in cliches and and try and pull the wool. See most of Unsworth's.

Any of the 3 (?) Abdallah Lemsegam ever gave, if we can include others apart from managers.

Why was it disgusting? He told it pretty much as we all saw it.  If some of them are playing for him now then maybe it worked, because we're not doing too badly at the moment...

On 10/3/2024 at 9:29 PM, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Darren Drysdale has reffed us loads of times. Some notable Latics matches of the past:

Barnsley (h) in 2004 when we scored two goals in last two mins. Neil Kilkenny and Lee Croft debuts perhaps.

Barnsley again in 2004-05. 0-4 defeat away under Moore and one of the pissboil of legend. 

Forest (a) in 06/07 won 2-0 away midweek which kick started our season and Chris Porter’s brilliant run of form.

sent Philip Morais off in a 1-1 draw at home to Walsall at the end of the season.

2-1 home win vs Oxford on a Tuesday night during the first Shezzurection. Lee Erwin brace.

Three times during the season we went down from L1, all good results strangely. 2-1 (h) v Bury, the 2-2 away at Blackburn and the final victory of the season, 2-1 home to Blackpool.

One of my favourite aways outside the usual lot that. Hadn't won all season, sure they were riding high as well, early September under the lights at the City Ground and we were superb.

• Like 1