MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

45 minutes ago, daniel said:

I’m sorry but I’m going to call you out here. There is an argument that Ogle has been player of the season (I don’t think he is personally but he’s up there as 1 of our better players), and has played plenty of them in that position today. He did have a poor game, but you cannot call for 442 after one bad game and expect no one to challenge you. 
Your criticism’s of Charsley are also very strange. 
Not knocking your football back ground here but I do think you’ve got this completely wrong.

I don't care what others say Charsley does nothing for me. He was even anonymous against Stoke's kids. 

The midfield is way below what's required in this division and they can't even pass a ball to each other, never mind create. 

Every team seems to play better football than we do, our chances tend to come from lumps upfield or crosses. 

We haven't had a central midfield ball winner for yonks which is why the opposition pass around us. 

We aren't going up with this brand of football, thats my opinion anyway. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

I don't care what others say Charsley does nothing for me. He was even anonymous against Stoke's kids. 

The midfield is way below what's required in this division and they can't even pass a ball to each other, never mind create. 

Every team seems to play better football than we do, our chances tend to come from lumps upfield or crosses. 

We haven't had a central midfield ball winner for yonks which is why the opposition pass around us. 

I think your in a club of your own with this opinion on Charsley, and I think it’s an element of stubbornness having perhaps watched him have an off game or 2 in pre-season and definitely a case of you not wanting to say you are wrong. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Wonder why Mellon doesn't rate him?

I have yet to see him really contribute so maybe those who rave about him have got it wrong.

Agree though you either play him or send him back. He probably needs the chance to show what he can do....

Strange from MM as Dolan didn't even play against Stoke's kids. 

25 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We need strength in depth, but why would you change a winning team?

Not sure Hudson could've done much more today.  I certainly wouldn't want Solihull's 'keeper..

We have already had Solihull’s keeper. It’s Walker who had an absolute stinker for Barnet last season and got sent off, but then didn’t for some weird reason. 

He is absolutely shit. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

You are wrong on Charsley I’m afraid. 

• Like 5

I may get castigated for this but I think it's a valid observation. I said to my mate that we might struggle today because of the midweek tomfoolery. Everyone at the club should have one sole aim this season; promotion. All should be focussed, like exocet missiles, on that one, single goal. Anyone who has played at a reasonable level will tell you that unnecessary midweek games are a pain in the arse and a major unwanted distraction. The match preparation involved etc. upsets the normal rhythm of the week and I thought it showed today.

Granted we missed some good chances but defensively we were poor. Worst I`ve seen Raglan play; is it any co-incidence he played midweek? (and his poor showing may have unnerved other defenders; as it often does at this level).

I gave my opinion on another thread regarding how the stupidity of entering the meaningless competition may well dent our promotion hopes and I stand by that. It will be interesting to keep an eye on all the league results immediately following on from the midweek nonsense games.

IMO the club have made an error of judgement that may prove to be very costly.

• Like 2

Should have scored 4 (at least) but the midfield doesn't create anything? 🤔

Definitely some drama llamas on tonight. If Norwood plays with Garner today instead of Fondop, we win comfortably.

And Dan Gardner should retire tonight - jesus wept.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Should have scored 4 (at least) but the midfield doesn't create anything? 🤔

Definitely some drama llamas on tonight. If Norwood plays with Garner today instead of Fondop, we win comfortably.

And Dan Gardner should retire tonight - jesus wept.

Khan and Conlon created zilch, not sure what game you were watching if you think differently, all our decent play was out wide - again.

Agree about Gardner though he's a poor player now and so wasteful. 

Edited by yarddog73

It stuck out like a sire thumb from the the off the Solihull left winger was going to hug the touchline yet we never closed him down. 

Who is coach now as the players don't seem to be aware of what the opposions strengths are. 

• Like 1

It stuck out like a sire thumb from the the off the Solihull left winger was going to hug the touchline yet we never closed him down. 

Who is coach now as the players don't seem to be aware of what the opposions strengths are. 

11 minutes ago, spanishfly said:

I may get castigated for this but I think it's a valid observation. I said to my mate that we might struggle today because of the midweek tomfoolery. Everyone at the club should have one sole aim this season; promotion. All should be focussed, like exocet missiles, on that one, single goal. Anyone who has played at a reasonable level will tell you that unnecessary midweek games are a pain in the arse and a major unwanted distraction. The match preparation involved etc. upsets the normal rhythm of the week and I thought it showed today.

Granted we missed some good chances but defensively we were poor. Worst I`ve seen Raglan play; is it any co-incidence he played midweek? (and his poor showing may have unnerved other defenders; as it often does at this level).

I gave my opinion on another thread regarding how the stupidity of entering the meaningless competition may well dent our promotion hopes and I stand by that. It will be interesting to keep an eye on all the league results immediately following on from the midweek nonsense games.

IMO the club have made an error of judgement that may prove to be very costly.

100% this, as an example what did training look like on Wednesday when ordinarily the whole group would have been in.

This Micky Mouse Cup could well cost us particularly as we play another meaningless fixture prior to the Barnet game away, it's stupidity of the highest order.

• Like 1

It stuck out like a sore thumb from the off the Solihull left winger was going to hug the touchline yet we never closed him down. 

Who is coach now as the players don't seem to be aware of what the opposions strengths are?

Edited by BP1960

Who is coach now as the players don't seem to be aware of what the oppositions strengths are. 

Just now, BP1960 said:

Who is coach now as the players don't seem to be aware of what the oppositions strengths are. 

Ironic 😂

2 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Ogle was found out at centre back today, positionaly terrible. 

Time for this experiment to end and go 4 at the back. 

The Ogle part is fair and the first 2 goals came from his side.

The bold bit makes absolutely no sense.  4 at the back would be really restrictive to our team as the wingbacks get forward well and even the wide centre backs support attacks.

3-4-2-1 and 3-4-1-2 is hardly an experiment, it's quite commonplace among lower league teams.

The bold bit makes absolutely no sense.  4 at the back would be really restrictive to our team as the wingbacks get forward well and even the wide centre backs support attacks.

3-4-2-1 and 3-4-1-2 is hardly an experiment, it's quite commonplace among lower league teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deckyd said:

The amount of chances spurned today is ridiculous.  To miss 3 one on ones is criminal.  Should have been out of sight. 

The whole game was so frustrating to watch.

Fell a sleep for their two goals, think Ogle was at fault for both and generally poor today.    

Fondops finishing in particular has cost us the game today and I like Fondop- another day he hits 4, that's just what you get.

Where was Lundstrams composure when one vs one with keeper, shouldn't have gave him a chance to save it, then scores the goal he scores at the end?

Apart from the first 10 minutes, we had complete control of that game, creating chances after chance and got well and truly done. Incredibly annoying and frustrating day.

Back to the old ways today and after being spoilt with 4 wins

Can we bounce back? Yep we can, after we've put ourselves in the next round of the cup 👍

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

I heard you the first time 😉