MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

8 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

The Ogle part is fair and the first 2 goals came from his side.

The bold bit makes absolutely no sense.  4 at the back would be really restrictive to our team as the wingbacks get forward well and even the wide centre backs support attacks.

3-4-2-1 and 3-4-1-2 is hardly an experiment, it's quite commonplace among lower league teams.

Give me wingers and full backs any day, wingers have the freedom to attack while full backs support and defend behind them. Two strong  centre backs are sufficient as most teams play only one up front anyway.

Playing 3 central defenders means we are missing a player needed in another area, as we saw today to our cost. 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Khan and Conlon created zilch, not sure what game you were watching if you think differently, all our decent play was out wide - again.

Agree about Gardner though he's a poor player now and so wasteful. 

We play a 5 man midfield - they're plenty creative enough, as a unit. The issue is with who's up front.

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Give me wingers and full backs any day, wingers have the freedom to attack while full backs support and defend behind them. Two strong  centre backs are sufficient as most teams play only one up front anyway.

Playing 3 central defenders means we are missing a player needed in another area, as we saw today to our cost. 

Surely in all your years of scouting you’ve seen plenty of successful teams that play 3 at the back?

22 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Your post sent 4 times for some reason. 

It's the save button which doesn't always work so have to send again. It's quite common and have seen many other posters with the same result. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Surely in all your years of scouting you’ve seen plenty of successful teams that play 3 at the back?

Any can work with good players, but IMO we have players to make 442 work better. 

But if it's not tried you will never know. 

• Like 1

The truth is most of our players are just very average. And unfortunately we need better in most positions.

Our back 3 who recently have been very secure so far, were shocking today. But our midfield were a lot worse, week in and week out our midfielders are totally inept, and are no where near good enough.  Today, Conlon and Khan condemned us to face todays opponents  with 9 men, both were way beyond shocking.

And it's beyond my comprehension why Conlon has been given the captains job .  In any normal team one of your best players is captain, and the rest respond to his skills, class, desire to win and 100% effort, unfortunately Conlon has none of those traits in his game.

And it has been noted many times over 2 seasons by many fans, why does every team that we play appear to play better passing football than us?

I'm afraid that these players will condemn us to yet another season in our present league, as most of them are just not good enough.

• Like 1

My take on today, they were poor but they took 3 out of 3 chances. We were shite in front of goal, Lundstram is by and far our best midfielder, Mellon got his tactics totally wrong today, and please don't do free tickets giveaway ever again. It doesn't do us any favours. 

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

It stuck out like a sire thumb from the the off the Solihull left winger was going to hug the touchline yet we never closed him down. 

Who is coach now as the players don't seem to be aware of what the opposions strengths are. 

HOUSE!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oafcmetty said:

We play a 5 man midfield - they're plenty creative enough, as a unit. The issue is with who's up front.

All our chances are created from

punts from the full back or from jumping on erroneous passes from

the opposition in the last third  (lundstrum is good at that). 

but the central midfield dont create. 

that said, it’s hard to look beyond Fondop’s limitations as the main reason we came away with nothing. 

11 minutes ago, disjointed said:

My take on today, they were poor but they took 3 out of 3 chances. We were shite in front of goal, Lundstram is by and far our best midfielder, Mellon got his tactics totally wrong today, and please don't do free tickets giveaway ever again. It doesn't do us any favours. 

Reasons we lost.

1)free tickets again.(we never learn)

2)wasn't Mellon manager of the month(cursed)

3)I wore my latics shirt with tangerine (bartercard)and we have always lost when I wear it.(going in the bin now)

4)We didn't take our chances

5)Mellon started with the wrong team.Garner should have been a sub.Too old to be ist choice.Should have jez on and charsley from get go. Get a goal ahead today and they would have crumbled.

Despite all that Lundstrum played well and Fondop should have been taking the match ball home. Crazy league but we can still do this.

Three at the back has worked fine for the last eight games , And will work well for us going forward , we created enough chances  today to have won easily no matter how they were crafted. We didnt take our chances again we cant keep relying on trying to win games by the odd goal. We still dont have anybody to take the game by the scruff of the neck todays game was crying out for someone to do that . Have to say that as much as I like Conlon I feel he has been a bit dissapointing so far this season . Todays game was set up for him to do that and he got taken off . Although not entirely his fault I thought he would be offering more than he has . We are still lacking something in midfield that will turn us into real contenders.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, 100milesaway said:

The truth is most of our players are just very average. And unfortunately we need better in most positions.

Our back 3 who recently have been very secure so far, were shocking today. But our midfield were a lot worse, week in and week out our midfielders are totally inept, and are no where near good enough.  Today, Conlon and Khan condemned us to face todays opponents  with 9 men, both were way beyond shocking.

And it's beyond my comprehension why Conlon has been given the captains job .  In any normal team one of your best players is captain, and the rest respond to his skills, class, desire to win and 100% effort, unfortunately Conlon has none of those traits in his game.

And it has been noted many times over 2 seasons by many fans, why does every team that we play appear to play better passing football than us?

I'm afraid that these players will condemn us to yet another season in our present league, as most of them are just not good enough.

Let's hope it's just one of those bad day's at the office but it certainly feels like a huge step backwards and one for the manager to mull over.

It was a strange day, although we know from last season, day's like this are always there lying in wait and complacency is pounced upon when we're not putting away the chances that come our way.

I still feel that someone will be on the end of a good hiding and that might be all it takes to propel us to the summit.

WTF is going on with Norwood again? 
MM says a calf injury, which I don’t doubt, but unless he’s taking the piss then according to his Instagram he ran a marathon yesterday on the treadmill. No wonder he has a calf issue. Surely a 34 year old striker with no pre-season isn’t running a marathon the day before a game? Can he even do a marathon? Doesn’t the average player run around 12k a game, so a marathon is a big jump. Unsure if he’s just taking the piss or not as I haven’t seen it as I don’t have Instagram but was told about it…..

4 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Let's hope it's just one of those bad day's at the office but it certainly feels like a huge step backwards and one for the manager to mull over.

It was a strange day, although we know from last season, day's like this are always there lying in wait and complacency is pounced upon when we're not putting away the chances that come our way.

I still feel that someone will be on the end of a good hiding and that might be all it takes to propel us to the summit.

Said lots.

The team that finishes 5th, 6th, 7th (and above for that matter) will have lots of off days. We don’t always appreciate that having had no experience of finishing in such positions. We associate a loss with being shit as it’s all we know. Similar we assume the opposite when we win.

neither are true 

7 minutes ago, daniel said:

WTF is going on with Norwood again? 
MM says a calf injury, which I don’t doubt, but unless he’s taking the piss then according to his Instagram he ran a marathon yesterday on the treadmill. No wonder he has a calf issue. Surely a 34 year old striker with no pre-season isn’t running a marathon the day before a game? Can he even do a marathon? Doesn’t the average player run around 12k a game, so a marathon is a big jump. Unsure if he’s just taking the piss or not as I haven’t seen it as I don’t have Instagram but was told about it…..

He put something on instagram saying the physio didn't turn up and showed his stats on the treadmill. 

4 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

He put something on instagram saying the physio didn't turn up and showed his stats on the treadmill. 

Which equated to a marathon didn’t it?