MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

Why arnt we allowed to discuss the game because we have talked about Fondop before ? 

We only allowed to talk about Drummond in this thread then ? 

If you don’t like the topic, don’t contribute. Not that hard, stop moaning about every post ffs. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Nope. Never said that.

We’ve already signed a proven striker from the league’s above and he isn’t doing the business for whatever reason/s. 

So Mikey has to start. Not should or could. Has to. That’s not his fault, and it’s a poor reflection on our striking options/recruitment. We rectified the defence, midfield, and wide areas, but started the season with two injured strikers and Mikey. 

In my opinion, if Mikey plays all season his type of finishing will get you about 15 goals. 15 goals doesn’t get you promoted, but will be a good return from him. 

He can be doing well for his ability and not be clinical enough for a promotion chasing team. 

He won us the game against Yeovil and FGR and cost us the game against Alty and yesterday. That’s football. Overall he’s done well, but Monthe, Ogle, Kitching, Charsley and have all had a massive impact. It’s a team improvement. Not the Mikey show. 

That’s just not true. Plenty on here calling out Khan and Conlon for a no show. Monthe and Raglan for having poor games by their standards. Nor would I drop Mikey, because I agree he has to play, but not because he’s a great player, but because there’s no one else. 

Simply put- he is now our main man, and as our main man he’ll do good. But won’t be good enough to take us up. 

I actually agree with all of that, but I'd still argue we don't need to replace Fondop - he starts on merit.  He needs a partner that works with him and can finish.

We don't drop Fondop and replace him with someone who just finishes, because we need someone to do the graft on the attacking front as well.  No one does that in the team apart from Fondop.

27 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Fondops been as much a catalyst for our better performances as he is culpable for some of our defeats, in his defence at least he's contributing something.

But we have only lost two, conceding 3 and 4.  That's the defence not doing their part.  We seem to win as a team and lose as a team..

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I actually agree with all of that, but I'd still argue we don't need to replace Fondop - he starts on merit.  He needs a partner that works with him and can finish.

We don't drop Fondop and replace him with someone who just finishes, because we need someone to do the graft on the attacking front as well.  No one does that in the team apart from Fondop.

Yeah agreed. 

As the main man, he’s not there. As the second striker grafting and getting you 15 he’s good to go. 

I would play him and Drummond next week. Garner offered very little yesterday. 

1 minute ago, League one forever said:

Yeah agreed. 

As the main man, he’s not there. As the second striker grafting and getting you 15 he’s good to go. 

I would play him and Drummond next week. Garner offered very little yesterday. 

It was so obvious that Norwood and Garner wouldn’t get up to speed after no pre season. 

I have a feeling we won’t see Norwood again…

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, JoeP said:

But we have only lost two, conceding 3 and 4.  

Yet it could be argued in both of those games if Fondop slots in one of several sitters it could have been a very different outcome. Of course that's the defences job but in both the defeats they are equally to blame.

When we set up and try to win games by the odd goal performances like yesterday are bound to happen, we were lucky result wise at Ebbsfleet but our luck ran out yesterday, we just can't put games to bed like other teams above us seem to do.

23 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Don’t know what it is, but I agree. I wonder if that’s why we signed Drummond? 

Not sure. But it is very odd to go into the season with only Mikey as your starting striker (not counting Reid), knowing Garner and Norwood will come back. To them now being back and loaning two young strikers, one of which can’t even get on the pitch. 

Something has changed, unsure what. But the way Mellon said Norwood has reported an injury rather than has an injury and the physio not showing up and Norwood positing this publicly, seems funny. 

Like I have always said, it’s a shame. He could have / still could be a real player here. He hasn’t helped himself at times, but our fans havnt helped at all and take some responsibility. 

• Like 1

Just now, LightDN123 said:

Not sure. But it is very odd to go into the season with only Mikey as your starting striker (not counting Reid), knowing Garner and Norwood will come back. To them now being back and loaning two young strikers, one of which can’t even get on the pitch. 

Something has changed, unsure what. But the way Mellon said Norwood has reported an injury rather than has an injury and the physio not showing up and Norwood positing this publicly, seems funny. 

Like I have always said, it’s a shame. He could have / still could be a real player here. He hasn’t helped himself at times, but our fans havnt helped at all and take some responsibility. 

Reid is better than fondop. 

it’s getting silly now.

am sure mellon will see sense eventually but we all know Reid could have done a job yesterday 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Is it just me or is anyone else suspicious of the Norwood and Dolan 'injuries'?. 

It's been a shit week all in all topped off by that fucking Micky Mouse Cup game on Tuesday.

Regarding dolan nothing to be suspicious about,i know first hand his injury is unfortunetly real

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

Just before we go down this route again, a few key points to remember:

- you don't have to read posts that are of no interest to you.

- you don't have to respond to posts that are of no interest to you.

If you...if you start reading a post and think "this post is over-analysing/boring/not for me/whatever" - just ignore it.  I can't emphasise enough how easy that is to do..

You can, but you can also call it out and challenge a point of view. No point stating an opinion and getting defensive (I'm not saying you particularly) if people challenge it. We've no need to worry too much about yesterday, if losing becomes a habit only then it becomes a concern.

Edited by GlossopLatic

14 minutes ago, AndyB2 said:

Reid is better than fondop. 

it’s getting silly now.

am sure mellon will see sense eventually but we all know Reid could have done a job yesterday 

I don’t agree that Reid is better than Fondop. 

Reid would have scored that 1v1 though. 

18 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

I looked on the FGR forum after we beat them and it appears Norwood wasn’t particularly well liked by them personality wise. 

36 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

How have the fans not helped and must take some responsibility?

When he plays he gets a good reception and many on here think the sun shines out of his arse. Sure there are plenty who don't rate him(myself included) BUT

Do you really think him of all people takes any notice of comments in a football forum?

I certainly will not feel responsible if or when he goes.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Londonboy said:

You just don't like him do you....

It's never even entered into my head and to be completely honest, there isn't a player on the planet that couldn't ever be replaced, 'the king's dead....long live the king' and we've had plenty down the year's.

Was I delighted that we've been able to attract a player like Norwood for this level of football? Ofcourse I was but something just isn't right and would it actually make any difference to our current situation if he was to leave with immediate effect? I really don't think it would.

The fact we've been cooing over a plastics youngster to the point of exhaustion shows just how much underlying desperation there is to try and rectify our lack of goalscoring prowess, 

So, it isn't personal and I couldn't give a hoot who's playing upfront as long as they're delivering the goods needed to get us where we should be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LightDN123 said:

It was so obvious that Norwood and Garner wouldn’t get up to speed after no pre season. 

I have a feeling we won’t see Norwood again…

Nah. Mellon loves Nors ❤️

We will see Drummond and Norwood in a front 2 within a week or two, with Mikey and Garner on the bench.

Too many are writing Nors off at their peril....he will be back😁

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BradKnowles1 said:

Watched the highlights what was Conlon doing for the first goal just let his man run past him.

solihull were physical up top, the type of game Mellon uses Hobson to dominate like against forest green. 

In which case he should have played Sutton, who looked quick and strong in midweek with Ogle played in the position he was signed for at right back. 

Edited by BP1960

15 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Nah. Mellon loves Nors ❤️

We will see Drummond and Norwood in a front 2 within a week or two, with Mikey and Garner on the bench.

Too many are writing Nors off at their peril....he will be back😁

You really like him don't you?

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Do you have your 4 4 2 line up for next week yet BP. Curious who you would.pick?

2 full backs and 2 wingers along with 2 centre backs  would be fine from the players we have. 

The main problem is we need a tenacious central midfielder alongside a direct  attacking midfielder. 

We have enough strikers for 2 up front. 

I know a ball winner is a priority and until we get one even my 442 would suffer. 

47 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

When he plays he gets a good reception and many on here think the sun shines out of his arse. Sure there are plenty who don't rate him(myself included) BUT

Do you really think him of all people takes any notice of comments in a football forum?

Were you at Oxford away last season? Bit different to a few online whingers. I’m surprised he didn’t take whatever move he could after that. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

2 full backs and 2 wingers along with 2 centre backs  would be fine from the players we have. 

The main problem is we need a tenacious central midfielder alongside a direct  attacking midfielder. 

We have enough strikers for 2 up front. 

I know a ball winner is a priority and until we get one even my 442 would suffer. 

But weren't you saying we should have played that formation yesterday?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

People keep saying this but who? I only ever see people who (like me) are disappointed with his performances so far, or people completely overanalysing him/criticising him for not smiling/making up rumours about him.

And there's been plenty of personal abuse of him at games. I've heard it first hand. By all accounts at Oxford last season it crossed several lines. 

7 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Were you at Oxford away last season? Bit different to a few online whingers. I’m surprised he didn’t take whatever move he could after that. 

Football fans in react poorly to a player shocker. 

No player should take personal abuse, but unfortunately it happens at every club with every set of fans. If players sought a move every time the fans reacted poorly they’d never be anywhere longer than 5 minutes. I also highly doubt he gives a shit (nor should he) about opinions online. Again, if he read that he wouldn’t have had the career he has.