MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Wow. 

😂😂😂😂

It's not one of the things that bothers me about him, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility..

7 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

It’s the stick he constantly gets. 

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

It's not one of the things that bothers me about him, but I don't think it's beyond the realms of possibility..

You’re conflating two different things. 

Money and expectation. 

He earns whatever he does, because he’s a very good player, with a proven pedigree and he like everybody else he should get what they can out of their career. Good luck to him. 

What he earns has got nothing to do with anybody. 

Where the point has validity is the expectation that comes with his signing. He is scrutinised more (not abused, quite a few have had very similar treatment) than anybody because he’s supposedly our best player. This point is lost on many. If he was average Joe, no one would be that arsed about him. IE Reid. 

6 minutes ago, League one forever said:

You’re conflating two different things. 

Money and expectation. 

He earns whatever he does, because he’s a very good player, with a proven pedigree and he like everybody else he should get what they can out of their career. Good luck to him. 

What he earns has got nothing to do with anybody. 

Where the point has validity is the expectation that comes with his signing. He is scrutinised more (not abused, quite a few have had very similar treatment) than anybody because he’s supposedly our best player. This point is lost on many. If he was average Joe, no one would be that arsed about him. IE Reid. 

I agree, but a lot of people don't see it like that.

There surely has to be some correlation between how much a player earns and what they bring to the team (unless the Lemsegams are in charge, of course).

4 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Billy big bollocks has gone out of his way to create a disconnect between himself and the supporters, of course he is going to judged differently.

Not your best work, but nice of you to throw one into the mix. 

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, JoeP said:

I actually think you're right on this, but it is down to multiple factors:

- He earns the most

- He's come with the most expectation

- (whether it's the right impression or not) He doesn't seem particularly happy here or ever tried to endear himself to the fans

- In spite of the stats, he does seem to pick and choose the games he turns up in

- Rumours of other managers not wanting to touch him with a barge poll and calling him "a bully"

- Putting the kind of stuff on social media talked about in the thread and posing online at a Barnsley game with a Barnsley top on, pint in hand when he's supposed to be injured.

I'm not saying any of these things are actually significant, but I can see why these things would make him a target ahead of the other players.

From what you've listed there, he's living the dream and turning the clubs into a nightmare 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

That's a bit dramatic. 

Said it before, only he has the answers as to what he wants to achieve here and the kind of standards he should be setting on and off the pitch

Right now he's way off it, so draw your own conclusions 

2 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Said it before, only he has the answers as to what he wants to achieve here and the kind of standards he should be setting on and off the pitch

Right now he's way off it, so draw your own conclusions 

I agree about the standards he should be setting, but to say it is putting the club through a nightmare is way ott. 

1 minute ago, disjointed said:

I agree about the standards he should be setting, but to say it is putting the club through a nightmare is way ott. 

I think anything that's compromising the budget of the club, should be seen as a threat to our existence 

A very good wage could be better used with probably a much better outcome

That's all 

Norwood stuff all very bizarre.

Not good enough in both boxes.

Not good enough in the middle of the park.

Ogle's worst game in an Oldham shirt.

Need a new keeper.

Perfect opportunity to respond and go another 8 unbeaten. Long way to go...

Also, I make yesterday Raglan's 5th booking of the season, but he missed Ebbsfleet due to suspension. Is my counting all over the place or has there been an admin error at the club and they made him miss the Ebbsfleet game when he could have played...?

2 hours ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I think anything that's compromising the budget of the club, should be seen as a threat to our existence 

A very good wage could be better used with probably a much better outcome

That's all 

Threat to our existence 😂😂

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Also, I make yesterday Raglan's 5th booking of the season, but he missed Ebbsfleet due to suspension. Is my counting all over the place or has there been an admin error at the club and they made him miss the Ebbsfleet game when he could have played...?

I assume you get a notification from the league. They'll have to wait for referee reports. Could be a card that wasn't reported or mistaken identity...

55 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I said the same yesterday I could only count 4 before the one yesterday. ESPN has him on 5 now. Has he received one after a match? https://www.espn.co.uk/football/team/stats/_/id/332/league/ENG.5/view/discipline

29 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

On the website FA.com (Discipline for All) Raglan is listed as having SIX bookings this season and has served a one match suspension.

The only other is Khan for his sending off at Halifax.

It is a strange one as, like you. I can only find 4 in match yellow cards prior to his suspension. Did he receive a yellow after the Southend game had ended?

Incidentally - we have Gardner, Hudson, Ogle and Conlon on three cards.

51 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

Threat to our existence 😂😂

I take it you're a whizz at financial economics or just putting on an act because you can't do your sums?

Keep paying out on bad performance, your business can't move forward and if the revenue coming in is less than going out because of it, the problem's start to catch up with you.

Everything here has been backed to the absolute hilt with the idea success will come sooner rather than later and without promotion all that goodwill will have been for nothing.

Atleast the rugby will be able to leave the posts up for good.

28 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I take it you're a whizz at financial economics or just putting on an act because you can't do your sums?

Keep paying out on bad performance, your business can't move forward and if the revenue coming in is less than going out because of it, the problem's start to catch up with you.

Everything here has been backed to the absolute hilt with the idea success will come sooner rather than later and without promotion all that goodwill will have been for nothing.

Ah financial economics. Like past history 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

There will be a budget, they're not just sat in the boardroom dishing out contracts left right and centre with no idea how much it costs. Id imagine Norwood has performance bonuses in his contract so if anything we're probably saving money at the minute. Norwood or no Norwood the club is in a sounder financial position than it has been for a long time....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AndyB2 said:

Ah financial economics. Like past history 

Safe to say if the club doesn't get out of non league it won't survive in its present form but that's far too simple for some to get their heads around.