MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

2 minutes ago, doctor evil said:

There will be a budget, they're not just sat in the boardroom dishing out contracts left right and centre with no idea how much it costs. Id imagine Norwood has performance bonuses in his contract so if anything we're probably saving money at the minute. Norwood or no Norwood the club is in a sounder financial position than it has been for a long time....

Such entitlement after everything we've been through 🤨

Good luck with that one

4 minutes ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Norwood is responsible for the club hypothetically going out of business now, it keeps getting better 😂

We may as well blame him for the Middle East conflict at this rate

He ran a marathon with a cruise missile on his back I believe.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

Safe to say if the club doesn't get out of non league it won't survive in its present form but that's far too simple for some to get their heads around.

No it's too simplistic to say if we don't get promotion we die. 

We spent 114 years in the football league mainly losing money and at times teetering on brankruptcy. Remember what Joe Royle was told on his first day in the job about not putting his personal belongings in the desk draw as the recievers might take them away. When we get back in the football league we will likely still be losing money. 

I won't call myself a whizz but I have degree in Economics with Sports Economics doing similar stuff to professor Jimmy Reade but too a lower level of complexity and I'm a nearly qualified chartered accountant so I'd like to think I have an idea. I've also been a treasuer at a sports club (you will be staggered how much money some of them burn)

As for James Norwood well he's played just over 40 games and scored 19 goals for us which is one of the best goal returns we've had from any of our Strikers in the last 15 years, could we have more bang for our buck? Maybe. The issue we have now is that he's 34 and has started to get niggly injuries at a time in his career when many players begin to struggle to get over niggly injuries that's a problem. But not one that will bankrupt the club.

• Like 1

Just now, League one forever said:

For every post that you deem hyperbole, boring, weird, over analysing-  you’re there to call it. Can’t have one without the other. 

Definitely nothing weird or over analytical about people hypothesising about James Norwood bringing about the financial destruction of the football club after running one of his marathons, no siree

Right, this stoopid cup game v Stoke we played - who’s decision was it to play on Tuesday, so soon after a Saturday evening kick off away at Ebbsfleet?

Couldn’t we have scheduled it for this midweek, following a Saturday 3pm home game and in a week where we don’t have a league game to prepare for. Other clubs have done so (the likes of FGR & Alty play this midweek)

Someone mentioned that the next game we play is just before Barnet (a). I’d be getting that moved asap. 

8 hours ago, Guy Branston Pickle said:

Norwood is responsible for the club hypothetically going out of business now, it keeps getting better 😂

We may as well blame him for the Middle East conflict at this rate

I hope he and a few others are off loaded soon before it becomes a real problem 

8 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

No it's too simplistic to say if we don't get promotion we die. 

We spent 114 years in the football league mainly losing money and at times teetering on brankruptcy. Remember what Joe Royle was told on his first day in the job about not putting his personal belongings in the desk draw as the recievers might take them away. When we get back in the football league we will likely still be losing money. 

I won't call myself a whizz but I have degree in Economics with Sports Economics doing similar stuff to professor Jimmy Reade but too a lower level of complexity and I'm a nearly qualified chartered accountant so I'd like to think I have an idea. I've also been a treasuer at a sports club (you will be staggered how much money some of them burn)

As for James Norwood well he's played just over 40 games and scored 19 goals for us which is one of the best goal returns we've had from any of our Strikers in the last 15 years, could we have more bang for our buck? Maybe. The issue we have now is that he's 34 and has started to get niggly injuries at a time in his career when many players begin to struggle to get over niggly injuries that's a problem. But not one that will bankrupt the club.

I'd argue that our situation is far from stable and most certainly not as the very first day Frank walked through the door.

Remaining at this level won't pay the bills and certainly not for the over expensive unproductive one's,

That's basic stuff

1 hour ago, Littlemoor Lad said:

I hope he and a few others are off loaded soon before it becomes a real problem 

He and most of the squads contracts end in the summer so no need to worry yourself about bankruptcy....💷

We do have an option to extend Norwoods though by a year I believe, so I'd expect him to be firing on all cylinders in the new year!😁

Fascinated to see the line up for the FA Cup tie against Halifax, given there's a week until the game and no midweek match following (assuming there's no replay) would expect us to play a strong team, but it's a chance to rest anyone carrying a niggle. Potentially there's a chance to experiment up front if the loan lads are available, fully expect Charsley to come back in for Khan.

The James Norwood situation is interesting, "Norwood's reported a calf problem". Elsewhere people say he put on his Instagram that he ran 1.5 hours on a treadmill on the Friday before the game. I really hope there's no tomfoolery going on that could damage the promotion bid.