MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

Bummer, but on we go. Two midfielders scoring, which is good if the strikers are also firing them in. Chesterfield lost ten games last season, so no need to panic but as has been said already, the finishing issue needs to be resolved.

At this moment, I don't see Auto being achieved however, the playoffs are definitely not out of the question. This squad is in an evolving situation and should only improve.

That is why Fondop will be dropped before long. You simply cannot rely on him to score some simple chances. Fully expecting Garner and Drummond to be our front two after the Sutton game. 

We gifted them 3 goals. Poor day but we should have scored 5. 

• Like 1

The amount of chances spurned today is ridiculous.  To miss 3 one on ones is criminal.  Should have been out of sight. 

The whole game was so frustrating to watch.

Fell a sleep for their two goals, think Ogle was at fault for both and generally poor today.    

Fondops finishing in particular has cost us the game today and I like Fondop- another day he hits 4, that's just what you get.

Where was Lundstrams composure when one vs one with keeper, shouldn't have gave him a chance to save it, then scores the goal he scores at the end?

Apart from the first 10 minutes, we had complete control of that game, creating chances after chance and got well and truly done. Incredibly annoying and frustrating day.

Just now, LightDN123 said:

That is why Fondop will be dropped before long. You simply cannot rely on him to score some simple chances. Fully expecting Garner and Drummond to be our front two after the Sutton game. 

I can see Mikey being benched, if only to take the pressure off him and probably by the time the Sutton game comes around.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Ogle was found out at centre back today, positional terrible. 

Time for this experiment to end and go 4 at the back. 

So, after 12 solid games, he's "found out" on the 13th or was it just a bad day for him?
I can't see Mellon starting with four at the back.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

Ogle was found out at centre back today, positional terrible. 

Don't think this is an experiment, it's the preferred set up as it's been since the start of season and can't see it changing because we have lost one game?  

Ogle had a poor game today but has generally been one of our best players playing at CB in my opinion.  He did get caught out a few times, unfortunately for both goals.

• Like 1

We desperately need someone who can finish, we should have been three nil up at half time. Second half our defending was awful and the manager made too many changes for me, I understand why he did but it upset the balance (what little of it we had). They were shite but found some legs in the 2nd half. 

13 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

He’s a player who plays on instinct. Anything he has to think about he’s terrible. Both 1 v 1s he hit both at the keeper. Really poor 

Ogle was ok til Caprice was replaced by Uchegbulam when we were chasing the game and he had no help defensively for when they hit us on the counter. Also looked like he had his shirt nearly pulled off for their 2nd yet play on. Unlike the mysterious foul given against Drummond when he played Kitching in. 

14 minutes ago, deckyd said:

The amount of chances spurned today is ridiculous.  To miss 3 one on ones is criminal.  Should have been out of sight. 

The whole game was so frustrating to watch.

Fell a sleep for their two goals, think Ogle was at fault for both and generally poor today.    

Fondops finishing in particular has cost us the game today and I like Fondop- another day he hits 4, that's just what you get.

Where was Lundstrams composure when one vs one with keeper, shouldn't have gave him a chance to save it, then scores the goal he scores at the end?

Apart from the first 10 minutes, we had complete control of that game, creating chances after chance and got well and truly done. Incredibly annoying and frustrating day.

Yes, the number of clear chances we missed today was appalling. Lundstram, good god, say no more and Mike today, not good enough. Three points dropped in really poor fashion. 

2 minutes ago, nzlatic said:

Ogle was ok til Caprice was replaced by Uchegbulam when we were chasing the game and he had no help defensively for when they hit us on the counter. Also looked like he had his shirt nearly pulled off for their 2nd yet play on. Unlike the mysterious foul given against Drummond when he played Kitching in. 

Yes I spotted the shirt pull, 

Poor finishing and Poor Officals cost us today,

Fondop needs to be benched now

14 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Ogle was found out at centre back today, positionaly terrible. 

And 4 in the middle and 2 up front perchance?

Absolutely infuriating that. 

You can’t miss the chances we created and expect to keep winning games. 3 absolute guilt edge chances and miss every one. 

Pros. 

We created some good chances. 

Lundstram was class, and is getting better every time I watch him. 

Kitching took his goal well, and looks back to his form of pre Christmas last season. 

We’ll come again, and still be fine for playoffs. 

Con’s 

I love Mikey but he can’t start every week. He’s not just good enough.

Garner is always in the game, but doesn’t actually effect much. 

Our lack striking options are gonna be difference between top 3 and top 7. 

Khan was invisible (as he was last week bar his goal) and there’s no way he starts ahead of Charsley next week, and moving forward. 

• Like 2

Well that was awful really and we just don't have the brains to deal with teams like that.

Hudson just picks the shots on target out of his net week in week out. Harsh but true.

Defence looked poor today, numerous times they were caught wrong side and switched off, Raglan particularly poor but you'd forgive him that as he's been so solid this season. Thought Kitch and Caprice did well first half.

Midfield is a real problem for me, Conlon weak as piss at times particularly for Solihulls first, he's slow as fuck and I still don't understand why Mellon and Brabin cream over him because he's carried most games. Khan is just a passenger, you'll win fuck all and create less with a Conlon/Khan midfield two the pair were embarrassing at times. Lundstrum put both to shame with his desire and workrate which probably shows you how bad the other two were, I said the same last week and got shouted down but I'll stick by it and say neither are capable of running a game or dominating a midfield. What's Hammond done wrong? We seem to win games with him in the team, he can't even make the bench. 

Upfront we've resorted to lumping it up to Garner and Fondop again which is so predictable, Fondop again showing the limited player he is missing crucial chances at critical times which promoted teams don't continue to do, honestly I could of put a couple of them away today with my left foot, you just can't legislate for that incompetence in front of goal but unfortunately that's what we are going to get 50% of the time.

Positives were Drummonds cameo, Charsley looked sharp but that's about it.

I know we will have off days but why do we never turn up when we have a few more in the ground?, worst home performance of the season on the back of a micky mouse fixture Tuesday night which we just didn't need to play and it must of affected the build up to today during the week. These decisions can be defended if we don't trip up but now we've just been turned over after our flattest performance of the season you have to question Royle and Mellons thinking, at least we've an extra 10k in the bank eh.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, League one forever said:

Absolutely infuriating that. 

You can’t miss the chances we created and expect to keep winning games. 3 absolute guilt edge chances and miss every one. 

Pros. 

We created some good chances. 

Lundstram was class, and is getting better every time I watch him. 

Kitching took his goal well, and looks back to his form of pre Christmas last season. 

We’ll come again, and still be fine for playoffs. 

Con’s 

I love Mikey but he can’t start every week. He’s not just good enough.

Garner is always in the game, but doesn’t actually effect much. 

Our lack striking options are gonna be difference between top 3 and top 7. 

Khan was invisible (as he was last week bar his goal) and there’s no way he starts ahead of Charsley next week, and moving forward. 

I’m hoping we can chalk that off as a one off bad day but we can’t afford to miss so many chances like that again.

17 minutes ago, Wardie said:

So, after 12 solid games, he's "found out" on the 13th or was it just a bad day for him?
I can't see Mellon starting with four at the back.

It doesn't take  the opposition long to suss out weak links, he was brought in as a right back that's where he should play. 

We didn't need 3 centre backs when their obvious threat from the off was their left winger. 

Do we not have them watched? 

At the wrath of dissentingn voices Charsley was non exisitant after he came on.