MATCH: Solihull Moors (H) 05/10/24

Just now, BP1960 said:

It doesn't take  the opposition long to suss out weak links, he was brought in as a right back that's where he should play. 

We didn't need 3 centre backs when their obvious threat from the off was their left winger. 

Do we not have them watched? 

At the wrath of dissentingn voices Charsley was non exisitant after he came on.

I’m sorry but I’m going to call you out here. There is an argument that Ogle has been player of the season (I don’t think he is personally but he’s up there as 1 of our better players), and has played plenty of them in that position today. He did have a poor game, but you cannot call for 442 after one bad game and expect no one to challenge you. 
Your criticism’s of Charsley are also very strange. 
Not knocking your football back ground here but I do think you’ve got this completely wrong.

Just now, simplythemostimportantkick said:

It really wasn’t offside tho. He made a great run. Could see it happening. 

My 1st reaction was that he was onside too to be honest, but interested in seeing it again. 
They had 3 chances and took them all, very clinical performance from them. 

Just now, True Tic said:

I’m hoping we can chalk that off as a one off bad day but we can’t afford to miss so many chances like that again.

Agreed. But it’s become a theme of this season Tic, and it’s cost us at least 6/7 points already. 

Our best striker is injured, and isn’t firing when he has played. 

Mikey is a great option from the beach but he’s proved this season why he’s never been first pick or played every week. You can’t just rely on instinct, you need to be able to score all types of goals, and he can’t. 

Garner is busy- but doesn’t really effective the game. 

Stretton and Drummond are unknown, and not here long. 

Why is it when the opposition get put in it's a certain goal yet when our players are in that position we score about one in five.

Opposition keepers come out and spread themselves which gives them a chance, Hudson just rocks on his heels sucking his thumb, as for our forward players they have zero composure and I don't fancy none of them to pick their spot and roll it in to a corner.

1 minute ago, yarddog73 said:

Why is it when the opposition get put in it's a certain goal yet when our players are in that position we score about one in five.

Opposition keepers come out and spread themselves which gives them a chance, Hudson just rocks on his heels sucking his thumb, as for our forward players they have zero composure and I don't fancy none of them to pick their spot and roll it in to a corner.

Was supposed to be Norwoods job but even he can’t do that these days, although he’d surely have finished one of those today. What should be one of the simplest jobs on the field is becoming a real issue. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, BerlinBlue said:

Yea I agree. It’s a defeat, but obviously the performance was there.

In have driven a round trip of close on 500 miles today.

so NO the performance was not there.

You can't say the performance was there when Fondop missed chances my 16 year old daughter would have scored, and our usually solid defence was as effective as a chocolate fireguard when defending on the break.

Yes we should have won but we managed to somehow lose the game because we didn't take out BIG chances.

We have a chance of winning this league and Mikey although I love him is not gonna do that for us.

20 minutes ago, League one forever said:

The midfield should be. 

Conlon - sitting. 

Lundstram and Charsley - pressing high up. 

They should start every game, with Hammond first off the bench.

This! Although Conlon will be dropped sharpish if he performs like that again. Dreadful today from him. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

In have driven a round trip of close on 500 miles today.

so NO the performance was not there.

You can't say the performance was there when Fondop missed chances my 16 year old daughter would have scored, and our usually solid defence was as effective as a chocolate fireguard when defending on the break.

Yes we should have won but we managed to somehow lose the game because we didn't take out BIG chances.

We have a chance of winning this league and Mikey although I love him is not gonna do that for us.

I meant that we should’ve won, more than it was a performance for the ages. Of course it’s disappointing, and I completely agree re: Fondop.

Your key strikers in a promotion season are still going to have bad games. No excuses for Fondop today - he should have scored at least one.  He responded well to the Altrincham miss, lets hope he does the same here. Monthe also had his worst game for us - if those two don't tick then maybe the team don't.

I'd have taken Lundstram off, rather than Conlon.  It was very flat on the pitch and in the stands in the first-half.  At 1-1, we should have been the only winner. 

Disappointing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

Dolan can’t even make the bench. Send him back. 

Wonder why Mellon doesn't rate him?

I have yet to see him really contribute so maybe those who rave about him have got it wrong.

Agree though you either play him or send him back. He probably needs the chance to show what he can do....

Just now, deyres42 said:

Keeper is becoming a problem if he isn't already. If he thinks Fondop and Garner is the one then what can you say...

We’ve had far worse keepers but i’ve never been a big fan of Hudson and never understood the praise he gets from our fans. I think we’d need far far better if we were to go up the leagues. 

It’s the norm after a defeat for all the players to need dropping and the formation to be changed. I didn’t think we were bad defensively at all until we were chasing the game and at risk of a counter attack.

We played ok. We missed too many chances. 

I liked the look of Drummond. One of the issues with the other strikers is the seeming lack of ability or willingness to get the ball from out of the feet for a quick shot. He tried that several times. And his pace will definitely give us something different up top. Can see him starting the next game. 

1 minute ago, Londonboy said:

Wonder why Mellon doesn't rate him?

I have yet to see him really contribute so maybe those who rave about him have got it wrong.

Agree though you either play him or send him back. He probably needs the chance to show what he can do....

2nd league game in a row where the other striker we have on loan from Stockport hasn’t come on when we’ve needed goals either…… Strange. 

2 minutes ago, daniel said:

We’ve had far worse keepers but i’ve never been a big fan of Hudson and never understood the praise he gets from our fans. I think we’d need far far better if we were to go up the leagues. 

He's benefited from being a bit better than Norman but that credit may have ran out...

3 minutes ago, oafcmb said:

Pretty shit tbh. Why sign players on loan but never start them? 

We need strength in depth, but why would you change a winning team?

Not sure Hudson could've done much more today.  I certainly wouldn't want Solihull's 'keeper..

Didn’t go to the aldershot game but sounds similar.

we will leave ourselves vulnerable if we can’t put games to bed. Smash and grab from them who looked good upfront. Clinical.

Our midfield is not creative enough.

lundstrum is improving but he is not good enough to be at the centre of a team which finishes top 3/4

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

We need strength in depth, but why would you change a winning team?

Not sure Hudson could've done much more today.  I certainly wouldn't want Solihull's 'keeper..

Their keeper had a better day than ours….. saving one on ones and some other decent saves. Hudson does everything just Ok for me and isn’t particularly great at anything. 
I might be being extremely harsh here as I haven’t seen it back and i’ll say i’m wrong if thats the case but he got hands to their 2nd goal and it wasn’t right in the bottom corner. Granted it was low and came to him quickly but I think a better keeper saves that.