They have put new flooring down in the toilets in the white block. Ive been convinced im going to fall through this spongy floor for the past 20 years. Must be so much piss soaked into that floor over the years id hate to have the office below. 

The fact they are spending mo ey on it in general maintenance terms though tells me a closure isnt imminent. 

However i do agree that the new tunnel from the bar pitch side makes it obvious thats a new players tunnel and it wouldn't surprise me to see that refitted as changing rooms in the not too distant future, possibly this coming summer. Theres a reason they havent really spent any money on the bar, and even when they moved the bar from the back wall, its only a temporary wooden frame. 

The question is for me, they would have to replace the bar be where would they re locate it?

24 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

If the player's tunnel is relocated we'd lose more seats in the JR for the subs and coach benches ! 

Not necessarily. Lots of clubs walk across the pitch to the dugouts on the other side etc. 

If i remember rightly Ash did the dugout for free in return for a free sponsorship package. Wouldnt surprise me if this was a three year fixed deal or similar so ibdont think they would be that bothered about ripping that out and switching it across the pitch once the deal expires, if they didnt technically spend money on it

1 hour ago, philliggi said:

If i remember rightly Ash did the dugout for free in return for a free sponsorship package. Wouldnt surprise me if this was a three year fixed deal or similar so ibdont think they would be that bothered about ripping that out and switching it across the pitch once the deal expires, if they didnt technically spend money on it

Pretty sure they could do a deal with him to sort it out and move it to the North Stand side.

The rumours of replacing the main stand appear to be gathering momentum. Aslong as they do a good job of it it's definitely something I support.

2 hours ago, daniel said:

Not necessarily. Lots of clubs walk across the pitch to the dugouts on the other side etc. 

Build a two storey building in the corner between chaddy and North stand changing rooms tunnel etc police control offices  above build as part of little wembley development.leaves rest of stadium free to be developed at will .

1 hour ago, peanuts2 said:

Build a two storey building in the corner between chaddy and North stand changing rooms tunnel etc police control offices  above build as part of little wembley development.leaves rest of stadium free to be developed at will .

This sort of stuff costs millions for little return. 

Thank you DR and the board for closing down the main stand so those who normally use it got soaked in torrential rain in the JR stand lower seats while you enjoyed your warm and comfotable hospitality lounge.

A couple of questions for you. 1. How much money is saved by closing the main stand? I guess it must be minimal. 

2. Is this a precursor to shutting the main stand and going to three sided stadium again?

17 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Thank you DR and the board for closing down the main stand so those who normally use it got soaked in torrential rain in the JR stand lower seats while you enjoyed your warm and comfotable hospitality lounge.

A couple of questions for you. 1. How much money is saved by closing the main stand? I guess it must be minimal. 

2. Is this a precursor to shutting the main stand and going to three sided stadium again?

It does make financial sense closing it down for matches where small attendances are predicted and the expectation that Halifax would bring enough to warrant opening the Chaddy End made it inevitable.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

It does make financial sense closing it down for matches where small attendances are predicted and the expectation that  Halifax would bring enough to warrant opening the Chaddy End made it inevitable.

OK tell me how much money was saved on the day, and aren't main standers considered at all? 

I suspect to hear next season it will be closed for health and safety reasons with the board justifying three stands again. 

Edited by BP1960

1 minute ago, BP1960 said:

OK tell me how much money was saved on the day, and aren't main standers considered at all? 

I suspect will we hear next season it will be closed on health and safety reasons and justify  three stands again. 

FFS 1960….there was loads of room in the JR to move further back…..you definitely belong amongst the MSM’s!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oafc1955 said:

FFS 1960….there was loads of room in the JR to move further back…..you definitely belong amongst the MSM’s!!

It's the principal of messing about fans again to save a minimal amount of money and as most moved to the back all couldn't find shelter. 

You'd think the club were on the brink of extinction and not owed by a millionaire. 

It's all done to draw fans into the JR stand and its rip off catering facility, hence why we will see a 3 sided ground soon. 

I will moan if something is imposed whether we like it or not. 

The Main Stand Upper gives fans the best view of the game by far. That said, it's clearly way past its useful life and needs replacing. My guess would be demolition, followed by creation of a safe, full-length standing paddock. Certainly the most cost effective solution and would be popular with those fans who want to see the return of standing spectators.

I have used the JR but don't think the design is v good i.e. too exposed to the elements as BP1960 discovered.

34 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

It's the principal of messing about fans again to save a minimal amount of money and as most moved to the back all couldn't find shelter. 

You'd think the club were on the brink of extinction and not owed by a millionaire. 

It's all done to draw fans into the JR stand and its rip off catering facility, hence why we will see a 3 sided ground soon. 

I will moan if something is imposed whether we like it or not. 

If it had been a league game where you have already paid for your seat I might have had a little bit of sympathy with you. It was a cup game with loads of room elsewhere, feels like you are moaning for moanings sake. 

• Like 3

I would like to see them sort out a proper camera / gantry position on either Main Stand or JR Stand side. Surprised this wasn’t factored in when the new stand was built.

Having that high gantry position to film & commentate from is a key thing for a forward thinking club. I’m sure the coaching staff would appreciate being able to review proper camera 1 footage for analysis and to go through positional play with the squad. It would also help encourage broadcasters to show more live games from Boundary Park as there currently isn’t a suitable filming position.

• Like 2

Just been talking this over with my dad and (with no design and planning knowledge) we would love to see the main stand completely re built as it is. 

Would it not be possible to keep the brick facade (or rebuild it in replica form), keep the paddock, and keep the seating plan in the upper tear to the same angle and depth of seating (maybe run it full length) but then redesign the interior to make it fit for purpose, take out most of the walls, reposition toilets, re use the office space below as bar space etc.

Obviously where needed, modernise what needs modernising, take away the posts and make it canteliver etc

Would be nice to see a modern stand built with a huge nod to the clubs history. The extra space created by taking away the offices and changing rooms could make it feasible and the added space at either end would probably push capacity to 4000

24 minutes ago, philliggi said:

Just been talking this over with my dad and (with no design and planning knowledge) we would love to see the main stand completely re built as it is. 

Would it not be possible to keep the brick facade (or rebuild it in replica form), keep the paddock, and keep the seating plan in the upper tear to the same angle and depth of seating (maybe run it full length) but then redesign the interior to make it fit for purpose, take out most of the walls, reposition toilets, re use the office space below as bar space etc.

Obviously where needed, modernise what needs modernising, take away the posts and make it canteliver etc

Would be nice to see a modern stand built with a huge nod to the clubs history. The extra space created by taking away the offices and changing rooms could make it feasible and the added space at either end would probably push capacity to 4000

I'm sure it'd be possible but no doubt expensive. Suspect when it goes, we'll get something along the lines of the North Stand minus the extras. 

27 minutes ago, philliggi said:

That would be ideal......just need to get the Euromillion numbers right !!😃

2 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

That would be ideal......just need to get the Euromillion numbers right !!😃

Would it really be that expensive in comparison to a flat pack lego stand tho? The paddocks already built and youve already got the footprint. Can build it with modern materials and methods to keep the costs down.

If keeping the brick is too expensive id be happy to see a rebuild with a nod to the history.