6 hours ago, spanishfly said:

I have used the JR but don't think the design is v good i.e. too exposed to the elements as BP1960 discovered.

When we got ejected from our regular seats that we'd watched from since the Lookers got demolished by Corney, we relocated to the North Stand. I selected seats the same amount of rows back that we had in the paddock but the viewing angle was terrible and felt you were virtually level with the pitch. To add to that you are, as you say, badly exposed to the elements. I've been in there for a FA Trophy match at home to Gateshead and still felt the rain when sat about four rows from the back.

• Like 1

Even if the Main stand was replaced by a single tier stand and you didn't make it as tall as the current one you could still create a stand which would have very good views towards the back of it probably better than what is there now. I doubt it would be a similar structure to the North Stand (which is miles better than the old lookers was) you won't get 2 floors of extras but you would get more seating in it as we have space either side of the Main stand to expand and that would increase the capacity and the choice of views available to us all. Which would be a good thing.

Edited by GlossopLatic

8 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

When we got ejected from our regular seats that we'd watched from since the Lookers got demolished by Corney, we relocated to the North Stand. I selected seats the same amount of rows back that we had in the paddock but the viewing angle was terrible and felt you were virtually level with the pitch. To add to that you are, as you say, badly exposed to the elements. I've been in there for a FA Trophy match at home to Gateshead and still felt the rain when sat about four rows from the back.

If it rains and the wind is blowing towards the J R stand then regardless of the design people are going to get wet.

1 hour ago, oafc1955 said:

If it rains and the wind is blowing towards the J R stand then regardless of the design people are going to get wet.

I sit near the back of the Jimmy Frizzell and felt the spray from the half time sprinklers in a match recently.

Opened the main stand lower for the FA Youth Cup game, so why couldn't they have done that for the FA cup match v Halifax? 

Edited by BP1960

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

Opened the main stand lower for the FA Youth Cup game, so why couldn't they have done that for the FA cup match v Halifax? 

It’s falling down Alf. Should be used as little as possible. For games when only one stand is open fair enough use it but like Saturday put fans in the better stands. Opening each stand does of course cost - more stewards/ catering staff/ electric/ turnstile operators. All adds up. They were justified in closing it for Halifax and hopefully they do it again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, BP1960 said:

You’d have been moaning you got wet!!😂😂

• Like 2