Oli Hammond - What's going on?

8 hours ago, JumpingJoshLundstram said:

I know the opinion is divided on here on him ....

We've played 14 games this season to date and won 6 of them.

Oli Hammond has started 5 games all season. All 5 we won. 

So in the 9 games he hasn't started we've won just 1.

Is this just luck?

Couldn't even make the bench on Saturday. Micky stated in his post match interview injuries to Norwood and a couple of others but Hammond couldn't make the bench as we needed defensive cover.

It's a fair point you make. When I`ve seen him this season I`ve been impressed with his energy, harrying and pressing which has won us a decent amount of possession in advanced positions. 

Khan looks poor so far. Was he on MM's wish list or is it true what I`ve been told i.e. he was effectively a Frank signing?

20 minutes ago, Pidge said:

I don’t think you got my point. He is a super fit athletes which is what you wanted.  You can’t just magic up quads like boulders and shoulders and arms. Some people have that naturally. You seemed to imply criticism because all professionals should just be the specimen with muscles.

Give him 3 or 4 years. For now someone needs to explain it’s about timing and observation. If you know when the impact is coming, you can lean into it at the moment of impact. 

Mind you refs seem to have accepted that defenders can pull you back as long as they don’t pull to long. One of my pet hates in the modern game.

I get what you’re saying, I just think a professional footballer with all the tools and time at their disposal should be striving to be the best they can be and working on the weaker parts of their game, that’s not specific to Hammond but if he rocked up for pre-season next year with the same body composition he’d be letting himself down.

Yes let’s hope he does toughen up.

It is amazing how fit professional footballers are, contrary to the apparent opinion of some who post on here. Most of them run resting pulse rates of 38 to 40.

18 minutes ago, Pidge said:

Yes let’s hope he does toughen up.

It is amazing how fit professional footballers are, contrary to the apparent opinion of some who post on here. Most of them run resting pulse rates of 38 to 40.

Sounds impressive, is that good? 

23 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

I thought he'd been called up to Welsh U21s

Wales U21s play Czech Republic on 11 October and Slovakia on 15 October, so he'll miss the FA Cup Fourth Round Qualifying match on Saturday.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

his international call ups could be affecting his game time here in the way of Eminem thinking 'hes away next week so lm leaving him out now to minimise the changes'

also possibly not but 

Not a bad shout especially as there has been 2 in such quick succession. I believe they follow same as the full national sides so I think this is the last one until mid next year. 

16 minutes ago, daniel said:

Not a bad shout especially as there has been 2 in such quick succession. I believe they follow same as the full national sides so I think this is the last one until mid next year. 

They may be in the playoffs, 11-19 November.

• Thanks 1

I had hoped this thread was dedicated to Oli's little known cover version of the Marvin Gaye classic. Not just a talented young footballer but one of the finest soul voices to come out of Wales in many a year. Such crushing disappointment.

• Like 3