MATCH: Halifax Town (H) 12/10/24 - F.A CUP 🏆

Can't get excited for this unfortunately, be lucky if we pull in 4000, think I'll give it a swerve and do something else. Again I think they've priced it wrong £10 would have been enough and a £1 for kids and concessions. 

No doubt we'll win by three or four given there won't be too many fans in the ground  to witness it.

Team wise I'd be using it as an opportunity to try something different, maybe a back four with a 4-1-4-1 or even a 4-3-3

Hudson

Ogle

Raglan

Monthe

Kitching

Conlon

Drummond 

Lundstrum 

Charsley 

Uchegbulam or Khan

Fondop or Norwood

Edited by yarddog73
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Can't get excited for this unfortunately, be lucky if we pull in 4000, think I'll give it a swerve and do something else. Again I think they've priced it wrong £10 would have been enough and a £1 for kids and concessions. 

No doubt we'll win by three or four given there won't be too many fans in the ground  to witness it.

Team wise I'd be using it as an opportunity to try something different, maybe a back four with a 4-1-4-1 or even a 4-3-3

Hudson

Ogle

Raglan

Monthe

Kitching

Conlon

Drummond 

Lundstrum 

Charsley 

Uchegbulam or Khan

Fondop or Norwood

Khan needs dropping. 

Id go. 

Hudson

Sutton

Raglan

Hobson

Ogle 

Conlon 

Gardener

Kitch

Charsley

Lundstram 

Fondop/Norwood. 

31 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hudson

Ogle

Raglan

Monthe

Kitching

Conlon

Drummond 

Lundstrum 

Charsley 

Uchegbulam or Khan

Fondop or Norwood

Agree on the pricing. Was very surprised to hear BPAS say that they thought the club had got the pricing right for this one, seems quite steep...

Genuinely do not care about any of the cup competitions we are currently taking part in.  Would rather have our focus solely on getting out of this league.  I understand reaching the later rounds (consider the third round), would possibly equate to a big money game for the club,  but personally I would rather see us  playing away to Fylde and tonk them 4 or 5 to move up the league etc! 

Might be on my own here, if I was offered to win the FA Cup or get out of this division, I'm choosing to get out of this division every day of the week. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, deckyd said:

Genuinely do not care about any of the cup competitions we are currently taking part in.  Would rather have our focus solely on getting out of this league.  I understand reaching the later rounds (consider the third round), would possibly equate to a big money game for the club,  but personally I would rather see us  playing away to Fylde and tonk them 4 or 5 to move up the league etc! 

Might be on my own here, if I was offered to win the FA Cup or get out of this division, I'm choosing to get out of this division every day of the week. 

I'm not turning down actually winning the FA Cup followed by a European campaign for getting into the 4th division!

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

I'm not turning down actually winning the FA Cup followed by a European campaign for getting into the 4th division!

We can always do that while being in league 2!

In all seriousness European footballs been diluted that much, even the champions league formats a bit of a joke now.  Winning a European Cup is certainly not what it used to be.  

Watched Larne away to to Molde and stadium was more or less empty.  

Each to thier own, will always prioritise league, especially now because of league we are in.

1 minute ago, deckyd said:

In all seriousness European footballs been diluted that much, even the champions league formats a bit of a joke now.  Winning a European Cup is certainly not what it used to be.  

The Champions League format this season is utter shite. They'd be better off having a mid-week European Super League with less teams, playing each other home and away.

As for the Europe Conference League - I'd genuinely rather win the FA trophy...

1 hour ago, deckyd said:

Promotion is definitely the priority and we are never going to win it at the moment so no point even saying it, although winning a few rounds helps with morale and brings a bit of money in so you can do a bit of both.

1 minute ago, TheBigDog said:

you're definitely on your own there 😮

Think the quicker we get out of this league the better, cup runs can wait for me and I honestly would take promotion than fa cup win!

8 minutes ago, Only Blue said:

Promotion is definitely the priority and we are never going to win it at the moment so no point even saying it, although winning a few rounds helps with morale and brings a bit of money in so you can do a bit of both.

Can't remember what results we had after beating Man City, but fairly confident after Liverpool, we lost to Walsall and Dickov was sacked.  Dont think our runs bar early 90's have gained us much in league form.  

Edited by deckyd

1 hour ago, deckyd said:

Can't remember what results we had after beating Man City, but fairly confident after Liverpool, we lost to Walsall and Dickov was sacked.  Dont think our runs bar early 90's have gained us much in league form.  

I have no idea but all I do know is a lot of my best memories are FA Cup matches and we don't have many really good cup runs , so as I said before that it's good to win a few but I do agree with you that it shouldn't be at the expense of promotion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deckyd said:

immediately after Liverpool we played Everton

2 hours ago, deckyd said:

Think the quicker we get out of this league the better, cup runs can wait for me and I honestly would take promotion than fa cup win!

It’s a moot point we know but imagine how much money we would make from a cup run? The semi and the final at Wembley with television money  would bring £1.5m with the rounds up then probably bringing in another £1m to the club.

That would fund our rise up the leagues.

And we’d have the FA Cup sitting next the The Isle of Man trophy 😉

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

immediately after Liverpool we played Everton

Thought it league game Vs Walsall, we lost 2/3 -1 and he quit, was he not gone before Everton?  Mind playing tricks!

23 minutes ago, deckyd said:

Thought it league game Vs Walsall, we lost 2/3 -1 and he quit, was he not gone before Everton?  Mind playing tricks!

Yes, that’s the way I remember it too, and he was commentating on the Everton game on tv after he left the manager role. Nice person, loved Latics. 

54 minutes ago, deckyd said:

3-1, I think.  Possibly Lee Barnard scored for us. Dickov gone by Everton.  Tony Philliskirk was in charge for Everton.

#laticsmind